[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster

junta

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when they say limited they mean his workload was limited which is what they give to a guy coming back from injury, does not mean he was limited physically. . Kubiak and FOster both said he was able to do everything with no issues. Again he might be 100% fine and theres no reason to sit a guy qho has no issues. . If you have watched football all these years you always see guys who they say were limited in practice go out with no issues. Foster might get 20 carries and he might get 35 carries. ya never know.

Foster out. Re aggravated the hammy pull.

Sometimes you just have to play it safe. There was no need for him to play today.

Ben Tate is fantasy gold.

Thats the thing . Foster is walking fine on the sidelines and looked like he wanted to get back in the game.

Foster is done for at least a month. The first time he pulled it he sat for 16 days. After the 16 days he said he felt better than ever- 110%. He played, then reaggravated it.

Then he sat out 21 days. Said he felt great, was ready to go with 20 carries blah blah. He reinjured it today.

This time, he is out for at least 28 days if I am the medical staff. Minimum.

Just because you pull a hammy does not mean you can't stand or walk.

This was a bonehead move by Foster and the Texans coaching and medical staffs.

Responding to the original question....YES, I for one am getting weary of the injury from a fantasy standpoint. Not annoyed, not irritated, just weary. If you play fantasy, this kind of chit goes with the territory. If you let it give you health problems, you're takin it too seriously, lol. But I would like some resolution one way or another...I'm one of the owners who snatched up Tate early, and now i just wonder what the hell to do with him all week long.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm terribly confused by the situation in HOU. So Foster has aggravated his hamstring injury 3 times since pre-season, the most recent time was 2 weeks ago and all of a sudden he's starting in week 4 :wacko:

It looks like I will cross the Texans rbs off my list from now on too. I had Dom Davis then Slaton, then bidding went too high on foster last yearso I let him go but I grabbed Tate week 1 but now I think even if Foster stays healthy it'll be a 60-40 split or hot hand crap. Near future: no Pats, Skins, Texans. Am I forgetting someone?

It looks like I will cross the Texans rbs off my list from now on too. I had Dom Davis then Slaton, then bidding went too high on foster last yearso I let him go but I grabbed Tate week 1 but now I think even if Foster stays healthy it'll be a 60-40 split or hot hand crap. Near future: no Pats, Skins, Texans. Am I forgetting someone?

You can almost put Saints in there, but the sheer volume they get makes any one of them passable flex options. Definitely can't hitch your wagons to them though.

Really? I don't see this happening. At all. What does Tate do better than Foster? It's not like we're talking burner vs. between the tackles guy here. Foster is clearly much better at the goal line, a much better pass catcher and great between the tackles, along with a very high YPC. What situation would you pull Foster in? The only thing I can think of is to rest him, which may happen. But not a 60-40 split.

Really? I don't see this happening. At all. What does Tate do better than Foster? It's not like we're talking burner vs. between the tackles guy here. Foster is clearly much better at the goal line, a much better pass catcher and great between the tackles, along with a very high YPC. What situation would you pull Foster in? The only thing I can think of is to rest him, which may happen. But not a 60-40 split.

I guess I was being a little over the top on the split but I do think Tate will get 20% maybe 30. They didn't draft him for nothing. I'm just being pessimistic because of all the RBBC's out there. Thank god I have Johnson, Johnson, and Jackson as my recievers. Can't do too much better there.

I agree with this. I watched the Texans games in Weeks 1 and 2 (but missed 3) -- Tate looked like a good runner, but not 'special'...and was getting burned in pass protection. From what I saw, Foster is the superior back. I'd expect that a fully healthy Foster will get 25 touches a game and most of the red zone work.

The latest on Foster...per Rotoworld:

Updating a previous item, Texans coach Gary Kubiak indicated Wednesday that Arian Foster (hamstring) will not return to his full workload in Week 4.

"It doesn't go from nothing to everything," said Kubiak. "We've got to bring him along the right way." The situation sounds eerily similar to Week 2, when Foster started the game but only made it through two quarters and didn't play with his usual productivity (3.3 YPC). Owners deep at running back can approach this as a wait-and-see week, especially considering the matchup against Pittsburgh. Foster remains a better Week 4 fantasy play than Ben Tate.