[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Daniel Thomas

Grits and Shins

Depends on whether you have someone on the waivers you're gunning for. Personally have not been that high on him from the get go. They traded for Reggie, paid for Reggie. Yea its not Dwill money, but they are committed to him. Will Reggie get hurt, probably, but it looks like the Dolphins have no issues chucking it up all game. Brady may have thrown for 500, but Henne also chalked up 416...not bad for someone everyone wanted benched.

Probably not a product of Bush, more as a product of 700 lbs via Haynesworth and Wilfork in front, who completely owned Pouncey and Incognito all game.

That never stopped them in the past. 4th and goal with the ball on the half yard line would have gone to the RB, 95% of the time in the past with the Miami Dolphins. They know Bush is not a betweeen the tackles type of player so they no longer have that option. They have to rely on Henne to be accurate which is not a good ideal, as we see from the outcome. That was a 14 point play because they were afraid to use Bush there!

Edited by BearBroncos

That never stopped them in the past. 4th and goal with the ball on the half yard line would have gone to the RB, 95% of the time in the past with the Miami Dolphins. They know Bush is not a betweeen the tackles type of player so they no longer have that option. They have to rely on Henne to be accurate which is not a good ideal, as we see from the outcome. That was a 14 point play because they were afraid to use Bush there!

They were afraid?

MIA O-line was getting dominated at line of scrimmage against run. They did good in passing situations. I don't think Thomas would have done better especially from what I am reading about his performance in camps.

New offensive Coordinator, new offensive scheme, and new offensive strategy. I think the Dolphins of the past also had the Wildcat, but I don't think they have that anymore. Will Daniel Thomas get the goalines, probably, but I do not lthink last night would've changed the strategy that the Dolphins employed at the goaline. Lex Hilliard barely got back to the line, on his goaline play.

They were afraid?

MIA O-line was getting dominated at line of scrimmage against run. They did good in passing situations. I don't think Thomas would have done better especially from what I am reading about his performance in camps.

Brown would have... Or at least gotten the 1 yard needed or at least they would have had the confidence to try it rather than relying on Henne's arm. Not that Henne did a bad job, mind you.

New offensive Coordinator, new offensive scheme, and new offensive strategy. I think the Dolphins of the past also had the Wildcat, but I don't think they have that anymore. Will Daniel Thomas get the goalines, probably, but I do not lthink last night would've changed the strategy that the Dolphins employed at the goaline. Lex Hilliard barely got back to the line, on his goaline play.

And there is a reason why Lex barely reaches the 3rd team and rosters he's been on. Another player that can't get past the tackles.

And there is a reason why Lex barely reaches the 3rd team and rosters he's been on. Another player that can't get past the tackles.

Where Lex was hit was more of what I was referring too. If Haynesworth and Wilfork hit AP 2 yards back, I'm sorry he's not getting in either. The lack of goaline carries for Bush, could be partial to Bush, but I would lead to believe seeing Haynesworth man handle the entire O-line led to the goaline passes. And they did give Bush a carry from the 4 and he got to the 1. Just saying.

If your team is getting pushed around in the trenches, it is asking a lot for ANY running back to be successful. And for the record, I don't think any team runs the ball on 4th and Goal from the 1 yard line 95% of the time. Play action passes are quite common, and it's probably more of an even split.

Do I agree that Reggie Bush isn't a reliable between the tackles runner? Yes.

Do I think the Dolphins would have been successful running the ball at the goalline against NE using any power RB in the league? No.

Unless a guy has a season-ending injury, week one is too early to give up on him. All reasons for him not playing in game one aside, the facts are that Bush cannot handle a full load and stay healthy, there doesn't appear to be any other backs besides Thomas to get excicted about, and the Dolphins didn't draft him that high to not use him, even if it doesn't happen right away. I don't think I'd drop him off my roster unless I really needed a free agent pickup, and no one should really be needing one that badly yet.

If your team is getting pushed around in the trenches, it is asking a lot for ANY running back to be successful. And for the record, I don't think any team runs the ball on 4th and Goal from the 1 yard line 95% of the time. Play action passes are quite common, and it's probably more of an even split.

Do I agree that Reggie Bush isn't a reliable between the tackles runner? Yes.

Do I think the Dolphins would have been successful running the ball at the goalline against NE using any power RB in the league? No.

What happened to the old fashion leap the pile play? If Reggie is your only option, give him the ball and jump the freakin pile! Much better than that ridiculous fade pattern to an short WR like Hartline.

Shocked no one else bumped this or even started a new trail on Thomas' big day. New lead back in MIA as reggie was just that. He looked great. Quick, powerful and elusive for his size. Could have a very good year. I can't believe anyone was buying that Bush is an every down back thing.