[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manningham OUT

montster

Per Rotoworld:

Mario Manningham (concussion) has been downgraded to out for Week 3.

Manningham was listed as doubtful after missing his third straight practice Friday, and was never likely to suit up this week. Victor Cruz will start in his place opposite Hakeem Nicks, and should be in for a long afternoon against Philadelphia's elite secondary.

Not great news for Nicks vs Philly secondary, either.

With Manningham back where does that leave Cruz? I read before the season that he wasn't going to be considered for the slot.

I'd say it leaves him in when they go 4 WR sets, and even some 3 WR sets depnding on formation they lineup up in.

I think, as I mentioned above, his presence helps if for no other reason than his speed has to be respected.

I still expect Nicks and MM to be the outside guys and Stokley to be in the slot most of the time. But Cruz adds another nice element IMO.

And while I am not an Eli fan, he is a solid QB who can and does get the job done usually, so from that POV the Giants receivers should be fine.

I expect Nicks to be a stud (some great matchups coming up), MM to be solid. And Stokley/Cruz to be weapons that keep D's honest at least.

Let's be honest, if the Giants OL stays strong, the Giants have a pretty good O I think. And have some great matchups upcoming as mentioned.

I'd say it leaves him in when they go 4 WR sets, and even some 3 WR sets depnding on formation they lineup up in.

I think, as I mentioned above, his presence helps if for no other reason than his speed has to be respected.

I still expect Nicks and MM to be the outside guys and Stokley to be in the slot most of the time. But Cruz adds another nice element IMO.

And while I am not an Eli fan, he is a solid QB who can and does get the job done usually, so from that POV the Giants receivers should be fine.

I expect Nicks to be a stud (some great matchups coming up), MM to be solid. And Stokley/Cruz to be weapons that keep D's honest at least.

Let's be honest, if the Giants OL stays strong, the Giants have a pretty good O I think. And have some great matchups upcoming as mentioned.

So, from a fantasy standpoint he's likely not rosterable in most redraft leagues because he'll likely be inconsistent as long as MM & Nicks are playing. However in dynasty leagues he's someone you'll want to stash away and could be a nice long-term grab. The main thing I wanted to know was if the line of thinking about him not being an option for the slot has changed. if that was the case then he might see the field more this season, but as it stands right now he'll likely only be in on obvious passing downs and/or to give the starters on the outside a breather.

So, from a fantasy standpoint he's likely not rosterable in most redraft leagues because he'll likely be inconsistent as long as MM & Nicks are playing. However in dynasty leagues he's someone you'll want to stash away and could be a nice long-term grab. The main thing I wanted to know was if the line of thinking about him not being an option for the slot has changed. if that was the case then he might see the field more this season, but as it stands right now he'll likely only be in on obvious passing downs and/or to give the starters on the outside a breather.

That is how I would lean, but sometimes if talent is so great that wins out. As we sit here today I would find it unlikely that he becomes a weekly guy, but if he continues to play well, and makes some plays anything is possible.

I just wouldn't bet on him moving in front of Manningham right now. BUT I would add him just in case he does or MM struggles to get over his concussion. The Giants schedule does look sweet the next 6 games or so.

maybe Cruz can learn the role vacated by Steve Smith. With Hixon out, coupled with a great game, Cruz could get more time in practice with first team 3WR sets. Beckham is not being used in the passing game and may not be ready, experience wise, so timing could lead to Cruz filling Steve Smith's shoes, eventually.

maybe Cruz can learn the role vacated by Steve Smith. With Hixon out, coupled with a great game, Cruz could get more time in practice with first team 3WR sets. Beckham is not being used in the passing game and may not be ready, experience wise, so timing could lead to Cruz filling Steve Smith's shoes, eventually.

Cruz is not a slot receiver, he is a wide-out. Put him in the slot, he won't be as productive. If the Giants are smart, they will realize this and give him more game reps at wide-out, even when Mario returns. They probably will and one more game like he had this week, Mario's value goes to chit, cuz they will either give Cruz the job, or split it up. Cruz eventually emerges, IMO.

Cruz is not a slot receiver, he is a wide-out. Put him in the slot, he won't be as productive. If the Giants are smart, they will realize this and give him more game reps at wide-out, even when Mario returns. They probably will and one more game like he had this week, Mario's value goes to chit, cuz they will either give Cruz the job, or split it up. Cruz eventually emerges, IMO.

so you think just Cruz will start over Manningham, if both are healthy, eventually? :wacko:

so you think just Cruz will start over Manningham, if both are healthy, eventually? :wacko:

I can't see them giving Cruz all of Mnny's reps right away, but I'm sure they're going to make sure Cruz gets a lot more opportunity. If they put him back in the slot, they're crazy, but I don't think they will. (Would be like putting Wes Welker at wide-out). I see Cruz being given another opportunity, if he keeps producing, they can't keep him out of there. Manny has been nothing but underwhelming (looked like hell last week).

I can't see them giving Cruz all of Mnny's reps right away, but I'm sure they're going to make sure Cruz gets a lot more opportunity. If they put him back in the slot, they're crazy, but I don't think they will. (Would be like putting Wes Welker at wide-out). I see Cruz being given another opportunity, if he keeps producing, they can't keep him out of there. Manny has been nothing but underwhelming (looked like hell last week).

maybe Manningham can be in the slot. I think having a slot reciever would help Beckham, too. If the Giants could have a TE and Bradshaw out there with 3rd WR, I don't know how a defense could play that, especially if Bradshaw gets open with room. The slot could clear out for the TE, occasionally. It could be potent.