[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yet another Mathews/Tolbert thread

markgugs

looks like this is the week the wheels come off the Tolbert train :wacko:

Mathews 12 carries to Tolbert's 1 (in addition to 2 catches/23 yds vs. Tolbert's 1 catch/0yds)

between this mis-play on my part, benching Daniel Thomas, and Britt getting hurt, plus going against Brady not once, but twice! I'm a dead duck this week, lol

Mathews, every single red zone carry. 2 TD's out of them too.

Might as well drop Tolbert, he's useless moving forward.

I don't know that I would drop Tolbert just yet. I think his injury was worse than the Bolts were letting on. He was also in the doghouse this week for his costly fumble against the Pats. Tolbert will be back.

I don't know that I would drop Tolbert just yet. I think his injury was worse than the Bolts were letting on. He was also in the doghouse this week for his costly fumble against the Pats. Tolbert will be back.

He's a must-have handcuff as well in most leagues.

Not if Mathews keeps doing what he's been doing. He looked great in pass protection, and in the redzone. He's a higher caliber player than Tolbert.

Mathews performed well today, but Norv seems to be committed to having two running backs in the backfield this year. He repeated that in a post-game interview today. While he might be trying to mislead his upcoming opponents, I don't think so. JMHO.

Mathews performed well today, but Norv seems to be committed to having two running backs in the backfield this year. He repeated that in a post-game interview today. While he might be trying to mislead his upcoming opponents, I don't think so. JMHO.

Plus, you have to consider Mathews' injury history. If he gets dinged up, Tolbert's the man again. Mathews looks great while healthy though.

Jeebsus.

Let's see - they were playing the freakin' CHEFS today. Wow. Mathews suddenly looks studly. What a shocker.

Methinks there is some serious overreaction in this thread, especially given Mathews' stellar health history.

Hope you're right...Tolbert owner. Trying to decide whether to sell low while I can get anything at all for him. Real possibility that Matthews remains the man.

I'm just hoping that Tolbert was far more injured then they let on, and once Mathews came out of the gate strong, well there was no reason to risk further injury

hated seeing Mathews get ALL the inside-the-10 carries/touches though. that's got me seriously worried

Jeebsus.

Let's see - they were playing the freakin' CHEFS today. Wow. Mathews suddenly looks studly. What a shocker.

Methinks there is some serious overreaction in this thread, especially given Mathews' stellar health history.

I really don't think that matters all that much. Teams gameplan to slow down Phillip Rivers and the passing game. I don't see the kind of game Mathews had happening every week, but if he's the guy he should be a Solid #2 RB with upside to be a #1. There's no doubt that Mathews is the more talented back of the two. Personally, I think we're looking at about 70/30 split between the two going forward. Now it's a matter of Mathews staying healthy. The ideal situation is to get both backs. They are both possible #1 RB's of the other one goes down. If you don't have Tolbert, now is the time to try and get him on the cheap.

Mathews has never managed to stay healthy. You can go all the way back to the start of his college career -- he's had injury problems every year.

Not sure he had an 'injury filled' College career, except for his Sophomore year.....Junior year, missed one game due to a concussion....(which to me is not a career threatening injury like knee surgery......).....Entered draft after Junior year...so, besides soph year, where is the injury prone college career???

"Mathews attended California State University, Fresno from 2007 to 2010. As a freshman in 2007, Mathews rushed for 866 yards on 145 carries and scored 14 touchdowns. His rushing yard average and touchdowns led all NCAA freshman.

As a sophomore in 2008, he ranked in the top 10 in the NCAA in rushing yards and touchdowns after four games. In the fourth game against UCLA, he ran for 166 yards and scored two touchdowns before leaving with a knee injury. After the injury, he missed most of the next three games and sat out the final five. He finished the season with 606 yards on 113 carries and 8 touchdowns.[8]

As a junior in 2009, Mathews led college football in rushing with an average of 150.67 yards per game in 12 games.[7] He totaled 1,808 yards on 276 carries and 19 touchdowns. He missed one game due to a concussion."

Edited by chinatown dragons