[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sites like this

skhyatt

I see that you joined the Huddle Forum World in 2009, so you know about The Huddles Forum Sections.

Ive have tried and still use a few other sites, that being said to me the Huddle is by far the best site for Fantasy Football for a few reasons.

Every site has there strengths and weaknesses, but what it boils down to me is Availability, Accuracy, and Navigation.

Everyone that post a reply to you will give you there reason of why they like The Huddle, but those three things I listed are what I try to look for in a site.

Availability, The writers for the Huddle always have there weekly info up on time. It's not lust a few lines of BS and generic talk about a player. It's pretty detailed on Why or Why not. They give Historic stats to back it up and also will WHY they went what route they went on Predictions, Starts, ECT.

Accuracy, Like stated above the writers do there Homework, and know Football. First, I know others sites know there Football also so nothing against them, but I love seeing the writers for the Huddle give the stats,breakdowns,and just info on players and teams. Very little will you see a flat out err on a article, and if you do they are quick to fix it and let you know, instead of just letting it slide and hoping no one noticed.

Navigation..I'm on the go a lot and have to use my phone or work PC to get on the Huddle and read over Stuff, Post, or make some last decisions on players. the Huddle works awesome on my evo and the LowFi app works great digging through recent articles and past articles and the forum Low Fi version is awesome also. When ever I need to get on the regular site on any type of device, Phone-PC-ECT its nice to always see the articles in the same spot as I know where to look for it fast, and it's nice to have it wrote out in terms I understand and can follow..

I'm not going to say anything Bad about any other sites as that's just not cool anyways. I will say that when you decide to give the Huddle a Try, even if it's for just a Year. You will see why most Fantasy Footballers keep coming back.

Hope this is what you where looking for, and if not :wacko: sorry I made a asre out of my self....LOL

I see that you joined the Huddle Forum World in 2009, so you know about The Huddles Forum Sections.

Ive have tried and still use a few other sites, that being said to me the Huddle is by far the best site for Fantasy Football for a few reasons.

Every site has there strengths and weaknesses, but what it boils down to me is Availability, Accuracy, and Navigation.

Everyone that post a reply to you will give you there reason of why they like The Huddle, but those three things I listed are what I try to look for in a site.

Availability, The writers for the Huddle always have there weekly info up on time. It's not lust a few lines of BS and generic talk about a player. It's pretty detailed on Why or Why not. They give Historic stats to back it up and also will WHY they went what route they went on Predictions, Starts, ECT.

Accuracy, Like stated above the writers do there Homework, and know Football. First, I know others sites know there Football also so nothing against them, but I love seeing the writers for the Huddle give the stats,breakdowns,and just info on players and teams. Very little will you see a flat out err on a article, and if you do they are quick to fix it and let you know, instead of just letting it slide and hoping no one noticed.

Navigation..I'm on the go a lot and have to use my phone or work PC to get on the Huddle and read over Stuff, Post, or make some last decisions on players. the Huddle works awesome on my evo and the LowFi app works great digging through recent articles and past articles and the forum Low Fi version is awesome also. When ever I need to get on the regular site on any type of device, Phone-PC-ECT its nice to always see the articles in the same spot as I know where to look for it fast, and it's nice to have it wrote out in terms I understand and can follow..

I'm not going to say anything Bad about any other sites as that's just not cool anyways. I will say that when you decide to give the Huddle a Try, even if it's for just a Year. You will see why most Fantasy Footballers keep coming back.

Hope this is what you where looking for, and if not :wacko: sorry I made a asre out of my self....LOL

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful and appreciated!

Another question about the site. It does appear that the site allows you to set up teams, under "myhuddle"? Does the site color code your players if they are mixed in with other players in various reports? Also, does the site limit the number of teams/leagues that can be set up?

Thanks!

I like this guy.

myhuddle allows you to put in your scoring system (can be done for multiple leagues) so the players rankings reflect your league...you can also select certain players to track...but they don't show up in a different color in the rankings...and fwiw, you can track IDP players too.

myhuddle allows you to put in your scoring system (can be done for multiple leagues) so the players rankings reflect your league...you can also select certain players to track...but they don't show up in a different color in the rankings...and fwiw, you can track IDP players too.

That would be worth a lot, as I run two different IDP leagues. They are a blast!

Thanks!

That would be worth a lot, as I run two different IDP leagues. They are a blast!

Thanks!

If you want to see what the huddle has to offer you can check out last years weekly content (I think it is free to access)....some articles are the same, some changed and some gone or replaced but it should give you a good idea... http://www.thehuddle.com/x10/2010_fantasy_...ll_features.php

edit: I just logged out to check and you can access last year's stuff for free

Edited by keggerz

If you want to see what the huddle has to offer you can check out last years weekly content (I think it is free to access)....some articles are the same, some changed and some gone or replaced but it should give you a good idea... http://www.thehuddle.com/x10/2010_fantasy_...ll_features.php

edit: I just logged out to check and you can access last year's stuff for free

Thanks for that info. Probably a dumb question, but in looking at projections, I didn't see anything for Team Defense? Also, are the IDP players given projections also or just rankings and are those released every Thursday?

Thanks!

Thanks for that info. Probably a dumb question, but in looking at projections, I didn't see anything for Team Defense? Also, are the IDP players given projections also or just rankings and are those released every Thursday?

Thanks!

I can't answer the team D question since I only focus on IDP and don't play in any team d leagues...I can try and research it later and see what I can come up with...as for the IDP content...it has changed some this year....the IDP Game Breakdowns from last year has morphed into 4 different articles....so instead of getting all the info on Friday now it can come out starting on Tuesday....as for IDP projections, there are none during the season but Darin does them in the pre-season. here is what the IDP content is this year:

IDP CORNER

IDP Free Agent Report (Tietgen)

TUESDAY: A look into which defensive players are on the rise and should be targeted for your IDP roster.

IDP Game Breakdowns: Tackle Stats (Gallo)

WEDNESDAY: Tackle opportunities, solos & assists for all 32 teams.

IDP Game Breakdowns: Star Ratings (Gallo)

THURSDAY: 375+ player star ratings for this week's matchups.

IDP Weekly Player Rankings (Tietgen)

THURSDAY: Top IDP linebackers, defensive backs and linemen ranked based on this week's game matchups.

IDP Game Breakdowns (Gallo)

FRIDAY: All of this week's game matchups broken down for the IDP player. Defensive scheme analysis, good plays for each team.

IDP Injury & Practice Report (Gallo)

LATE FRIDAY: Rundown of all key players and their playing status.

Join the Huddle and win some leagues. It is that simple.

The quality of information here is far superior to any other site to which I have belonged, and generally the posters in the forums are thoughtful and knowledgeable. While there are a couple of trolls, the FF geek-to-troll ratio is higher here than most places. The only time people really give newbies a hard time is when they do especially stupid stuff, like hijack an unrelated thread with WDIS questions or when they behave like clowns.

This is my second year as a Huddler, though I have hung around the forums a bit longer than that. Last year I won two of three leagues in part due to the high quality information that can be gleaned here. This year all three of my teams are off to strong starts, and this is in large measure due to the draft cheat sheets I downloaded from the Huddle, as my real-life workload was really heavy in August and I had little time to research.

Luckily, with the Huddle I still drafted strong squads even with an almost pathetic lack of preparation.

Join the Huddle and win some leagues. It is that simple.

The quality of information here is far superior to any other site to which I have belonged, and generally the posters in the forums are thoughtful and knowledgeable. While there are a couple of trolls, the FF geek-to-troll ratio is higher here than most places. The only time people really give newbies a hard time is when they do especially stupid stuff, like hijack an unrelated thread with WDIS questions or when they behave like clowns.

This is my second year as a Huddler, though I have hung around the forums a bit longer than that. Last year I won two of three leagues in part due to the high quality information that can be gleaned here. This year all three of my teams are off to strong starts, and this is in large measure due to the draft cheat sheets I downloaded from the Huddle, as my real-life workload was really heavy in August and I had little time to research.

Luckily, with the Huddle I still drafted strong squads even with an almost pathetic lack of preparation.

Appreciate the reply. One thing I notice for sure is that the boards seem active here.

I am considering trying The Huddle, but one thing that concerns me is that apparently there are no weekly projections for IDP players. See the earlier post. Granted, the majority of my leagues are not IDP, but the two I play in are probably my most favorite.

Appreciate the reply. One thing I notice for sure is that the boards seem active here.

I am considering trying The Huddle, but one thing that concerns me is that apparently there are no weekly projections for IDP players. See the earlier post. Granted, the majority of my leagues are not IDP, but the two I play in are probably my most favorite.

What I've learned is that if they don't offer something, it's not out of laziness, and there's probably a reason. In this case, it might be even more difficult to pin down who gets the tackle, INT, recovery, etc., than offensive players.. I don't play IDP, but do some times use their IDP game previews to see about defensive matchups. What I see there is the same thing that I love about their projections: written reasoning behind who they like and not just rankings that keep you guessing if they like the matchup or the guy more.

I often find the explanations far more useful than the rankings, that seem to be more based on tipping you off about strong matchups than necessarily strongest players. Use it all as a tool to make informed decisions, and don't treat it as the gospel (weekly projections in particular are kind of a crapshoot, even with good insight), and I think you'll be very satisfied.

What I've learned is that if they don't offer something, it's not out of laziness, and there's probably a reason. In this case, it might be even more difficult to pin down who gets the tackle, INT, recovery, etc., than offensive players.. I don't play IDP, but do some times use their IDP game previews to see about defensive matchups. What I see there is the same thing that I love about their projections: written reasoning behind who they like and not just rankings that keep you guessing if they like the matchup or the guy more.

I often find the explanations far more useful than the rankings, that seem to be more based on tipping you off about strong matchups than necessarily strongest players. Use it all as a tool to make informed decisions, and don't treat it as the gospel (weekly projections in particular are kind of a crapshoot, even with good insight), and I think you'll be very satisfied.

One more question before I decide. There are weekly projections for Team Defense? I understand they don't do that for IDP, but what about team defense? In looking at a link to last year's info, there didn't appear to be projections for Team Defense.

Thanks

One more question before I decide. There are weekly projections for Team Defense? I understand they don't do that for IDP, but what about team defense? In looking at a link to last year's info, there didn't appear to be projections for Team Defense.

Thanks

Team defense is covered in the Start/Bench List.

I have been a Huddle member for many years (01 I think)... not nearly as active as some of the posters but without exception every year the information you get is well thought out and concise. The articles offer stategies that plain and simply WORK! Nobody can predict injuries etc but the combination of the forums and weekly information (articles) and predraft info make this the best FF site IMO.

With all the strong props from current Huddlers, I have to ask - what are you waiting for?

(It is against the rules to tell a non-Huddler about the secret, Huddle members only, NFL cheerleader pics forum before they join, so don't even ask.)

I may have found those cheerleader pics..... :wacko: