[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears/Lions Game Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just have to sit through the 2 minute warning now, wondering if Hanson will shank it, Peppers will block it or there'll be a bad snap........

YES! :wacko:

How many times did they have to say, "Hanson has not missed a kick this season." I was dying every time they said that.

Cutler has real trouble with his body language. He looks totally pissed about the whole situation he's in and, although I'm not a big Cutler fan, it's hard to blame him. That OL is by far the worst in the NFL and we all know any good team starts right there. The Bears need to sell out in the next draft and go OL all the way.

And get a new HC because this one has no idea.

Couldn't agree more. Cutler takes more crap from the fan base and the media than anybody I know, but it would be nice to see what he could do with an OL and a couple WR's. Haven't seen a pass yet tonight from him that wasn't hurried.

Welcome to the waiver wire, Knox. The Bears have exactly one offensive player worth owning.

I have no idea why Knox was out of it so much. None of what I saw tonight from the Bears makes any sense at all. Season over with two 5-0 teams in their division.

I know the Bears' O-line looked terrible tonight, but at what point do you have to blame the play calling from Martz? I mean, you know you are getting tons of pressure every play. Why call so many empty backfield sets? Mike Tice can't possibly coach the line to perform well under those circumstances IMO.

I'm down by .18. I've got Hanson, at this point praying the Lions score one more time.

I was down 44.8pts going into this game. I had Calvin & Best Buddahj had Eric Wright. I lost by .45

The assist that Wright on the 4th to last play was worth 0.90 pts. Sucks that my score was 4th

highest (16 teams). Those two negative runs Best had in his last 3 carries cost me.

Edited by keggerz

I have no idea why Knox was out of it so much. None of what I saw tonight from the Bears makes any sense at all. Season over with two 5-0 teams in their division.

Martz hates Knox. I can't think of another reason. I can't believe that Knox is worse than Hester, Roy Williams, the undrafted rookie Sanzenbacher and even Sam Hurd, who seemed to get more looks than Knox. I'll hold on to him in dynasty, for when the Bears surely replace Martz, but Knox is worthless in redraft right now.

For all the people that lay hugh amounts of blame and ridicule on Cutler, you only have to look at last year's game against the Giants and last night's game against the Lions. The guy is tough - he may not have the body language you want to see, but if you are getting smacked around so much because the stupid ass coaches won't change up their protection schemes, it's sad.

If you can't change up your schemes because you don't have any starting caliber NFL wide receivers, then let's scrap this entire mess, starting with Angelo/Smith/Martz.

Sick and tired of them getting beat at the point of attack on both sides of the ball. Not just beat, but destroyed.

For all the people that lay hugh amounts of blame and ridicule on Cutler, you only have to look at last year's game against the Giants and last night's game against the Lions. The guy is tough - he may not have the body language you want to see, but if you are getting smacked around so much because the stupid ass coaches won't change up their protection schemes, it's sad.

If you can't change up your schemes because you don't have any starting caliber NFL wide receivers, then let's scrap this entire mess, starting with Angelo/Smith/Martz.

Sick and tired of them getting beat at the point of attack on both sides of the ball. Not just beat, but destroyed.

I would agree he kept them in the game. with all the pressure he had i was impressed and have some new respect for his play.

I would agree he kept them in the game. with all the pressure he had i was impressed and have some new respect for his play.

I figured Cutler sort of deserved this fate, karma-wise, after actively seeking the trade out of Denver into this situation. He knew the Bears had an aging O-line and no recievers. Still, watching him drag himself up time and again I have to say i give him some grudging respect. In the same scenario Romo would have been publically berating his line. The Kid just kept coming back for more and he did not throw his line or the coaches under the bus.

I agree Cutler is better than the reputation he has. He's a tough SOB that I felt played really well last night. The game was lost in the trenches for the Bears.

But yeah Cutler does look pretty dopey.

The kid needs a chin tuck and to lose the Bill Laimbeer haircut.

I agree. I was pointing out the obvious about his body language but under the circumstances where he is literally risking death or serious injury on every snap behind what amounts to a bunch of road work pylons, he can hardly be blamed. Without him and the D that has to spend at least 35 of every 60 minutes on the field, the Bears wouldn't have left Ford with an on-the-surface respectable scoreline.