[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Luck favors the prepared

Jimmy Neutron

It is clear they mean this for zombies, and they warn against other uses. Still, I fugure it could be used at least on mummies as well.

I wonder if they will come out with Werewolf ammo and vampire loads.

Well, technically no...and it also depends on what type of mummy we're talking about. Regular mummy, greater mummy, a bog mummy, etc? In all, your best weapon against a mummy is fire, not bullets. Remember, the brain is pulled out during mummification along with the rest of their organs so you can fire bullets all day long and nothing will happen to it.

For skeletons, bullets may be useful but you need to be a sharp shooter in order to hit bones dead on. If you shoot a skeleton in the skull and it shatters, it is still going to come for you. In this situation you want to carry a baseball bat as blunt weapons do normal damage - anything with a blade is going to do half damage at best.

We already know how to stop zombies here so further discussion is needed

Ghouls. Now ghouls are different because they are actually alive. Ghouls & Zombies are a paradox in the undead world. Zombies are dead and need to eating living flesh whereas Ghouls are alive and need to eat dead, rotting flesh. So for ghouls you wanna keep your distance and shoot the sh*t out of them making sure you don't let them claw at you and give you a disease.

Ghosts, Specters, Wights, Shadows & Banshees are all ethereal entities so bullets are worthless here. You need to follow the rules for getting rid of these entities (you cannot kill them) either in chapter 9 of Tobin's Spirit Guide or bring in Priests to handle the situation - DO NOT hire some type of ghost hunting group. They tend to make matters worse.

Lich - A lich is a powerful spell caster that has managed to cheat death. As the centuries pass, the flesh from a lich will rot away and they appear to be nothing more than skeletons; however, nothing can be farther from the truth. The only way to kill a lich is to find the phylactery that has it's spirit bound to and destroy it. If you were to destroy the body, its spirit just heads back to the phylactery and uses its magic to reform the body.

For the most part, we all know how to kill Vampires here so there is no need to get into them; however, in certain countries where there were no major religions at the time a person is turned into a Vampire, normal religious acts will not hurt or 'kill' a vampire. So you need to be well studied in the local regions history before taking on a vampire.

ETA: And lycanthropes (e.g. werewovles, werebeasts & warehouses) are not undead but silver bullets can take them out.

Edited by cliaz

For skeletons, bullets may be useful but you need to be a sharp shooter in order to hit bones dead on. If you shoot a skeleton in the skull and it shatters, it is still going to come for you. In this situation you want to carry a baseball bat as blunt weapons do normal damage - anything with a blade is going to do half damage at best.

Good info here. For a tutorial on skeleton fighting, the movie Jason an the Argonauts is an excellent choice. Having watched that movie numerous times I feel totally prepared to take on a skeleton if need be. :wacko:

Edited by slambo

Good info here. For a tutorial on skeleton fighting, the movie Jason an the Argonauts is an excellent choice. Having watched that movie numerous times I feel totally prepared to take on a skeleton if need be. :wacko:

My Zarp vehicle has tire chain flails so that covers skeletons as well. Always close at hand at home are baseball bats and bokken so I have some coverage for skeletons there, if not all the security I might wish. . I have thought about getting a few hyenas to patrol the yard. Those rascals are bone crunchers for sure. Nature's little skeleton destroyers. The problem is I live in a covenant controlled community and I am already catching grief over the honey badger.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Regarding guns vs skeletons, a 12 gauge loaded with birdshot is pretty damned effective. One or two blasts and we're talking a cloud of calcium. I like the idea of hyenas, great out of the box thinking there. Honey badgers always get a bad rap.

And heres the perfect armageddon vehicle

My Zarp vehicle has tire chain flails so that covers skeletons as well. Always close at hand at home are baseball bats and bokken so I have some coverage for skeletons there, if not all the security I might wish. . I have thought about getting a few hyenas to patrol the yard. Those rascals are bone crunchers for sure. Nature's little skeleton destroyers. The problem is I live in a covenant controlled community an I am already catching grief over the honey badger.

Get a pet pig. Leave him outside for 2 weeks and he will grow hair, tusks and become Ferrel. Not sure there is anything out there better at devouring bones than a pig.

Well, technically no...and it also depends on what type of mummy we're talking about. Regular mummy, greater mummy, a bog mummy, etc? In all, your best weapon against a mummy is fire, not bullets. Remember, the brain is pulled out during mummification along with the rest of their organs so you can fire bullets all day long and nothing will happen to it.

We already know how to stop zombies here so further discussion is needed

Ghouls. Now ghouls are different because they are actually alive. Ghouls & Zombies are a paradox in the undead world. Zombies are dead and need to eating living flesh whereas Ghouls are alive and need to eat dead, rotting flesh. So for ghouls you wanna keep your distance and shoot the sh*t out of them making sure you don't let them claw at you and give you a disease.

Ghosts, Specters, Wights, Shadows & Banshees are all ethereal entities so bullets are worthless here. You need to follow the rules for getting rid of these entities (you cannot kill them) either in chapter 9 of Tobin's Spirit Guide or bring in Priests to handle the situation - DO NOT hire some type of ghost hunting group. They tend to make matters worse.

Lich - A lich is a powerful spell caster that has managed to cheat death. As the centuries pass, the flesh from a lich will rot away and they appear to be nothing more than skeletons; however, nothing can be farther from the truth. The only way to kill a lich is to find the phylactery that has it's spirit bound to and destroy it. If you were to destroy the body, its spirit just heads back to the phylactery and uses its magic to reform the body.

For the most part, we all know how to kill Vampires here so there is no need to get into them; however, in certain countries where there were no major religions at the time a person is turned into a Vampire, normal religious acts will not hurt or 'kill' a vampire. So you need to be well studied in the local regions history before taking on a vampire.

ETA: And lycanthropes (e.g. werewovles, werebeasts & warehouses) are not undead but silver bullets can take them out.

Straight from the Dungeons and Dragons "Fiend Folio"... so it must be true.