[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hillis

Marauders11

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be difficult due to the size.

I don't mind getting my balls busted at all. In fact, since my wife put them in the back of the freezer quite a while ago it can even be enjoyable. I just expect it to be done well. That's where you fail when so many other Huddlers excel at it.

I don't mind getting my balls busted at all. In fact, since my wife put them in the back of the freezer quite a while ago it can even be enjoyable. I just expect it to be done well. That's where you fail when so many other Huddlers excel at it.

I am married too. That's why I had one of my balls removed and had a lotion dispenser put in.

Well everybody is entitled to their opinion so here is mine.

First off one of the basic problems with tipping is this

"Tip 15% minimum and 20% (round up) if its really good service. 10% for take out orders is proper. Bitch all ya want, but that is how its done if you have a crumb of class."

So even if the service is terrible we still tip 15%, sorry but that's BS. If I get really bad service (it happens at times) then the tip is lower, or none at all. I'm not talking about things like the food not being ready quick enough or other issues with the quality. Things like checking back after brining the food, seeing if I need a refill on my beverage etc. So I guess in your view I have no class, BFD.

Second, is this

"So, if you tip your waiter $5 off of a $100 meal, they will get $2 for the hour they slaved over your table"

coupled with this

"Remember your waiter has other tables and is not "dicking around" somewhere else."

Which is it, slaving over my my table or do they have other tables. Because if they're covering 5-10 tables, they aren't spending much of that hour serving my table.

I try to be fair and tip appropriately, but this post calling people dicks, and not having class because they don't just hand over an extra 15-20% on top of every meal regardless of service is pretty classless in itself. While you may not have written it, you sure seem to endorse every point of it.

Some people are pricks and never tip, which is pretty tacoty. But most people tip the standard 15% or more if the service is good. But I wouldn't judge somebody for leaving a lower tip without knowing more about the situation.

What really sucks is how the business owners operate, paying crap wages and expecting their customers to pick up the rest of the wages by tipping.

PS Anybody ever see the 3rd Rock episode where Dick (John Lithgow) put a stack of singles ont the table as the potential tip, and then moved them back and forth to the actual tip pile based on service.

PPS Now back to the regularly schedule program, and updates on Hillis...

Sorry, can't let this go.

1) The whole tipping deal is not my choice. If it were up to me, you would be charged, in full, for the entire dining experience by the house and the servers would be paid like everyone else. I'm not passing the buck because I'm too cheap to pay my servers. I pay my servers what I pay them because of the system that's been in place for ever. If tipping didn't exist, you'd pay as much as you do now, you'd just be paying me instead of them. If tipping was done away with and restaurants did not charge more to make up for it, most would go under. The margins are too tight as it is.

2) This is basically the only transaction a consumer enters into where he's able to decide, after he receives the goods and service, what they're worth and without negotiation. Think about it. When you go to the store, you don't take your item to the counter and say, "I think this is worth $20" and they have to accept that. Surely, if something that you've paid the agreed upon price for fails to live up to your expectations, you have recourse, you can complain and get your money back or what not. But you don't get to arbitrarily decide what it's worth and have the other party be powerless to decide whether or not they're prepared to perform said service at the price you're willing to pay.

Now that is f---in funny :wacko:

Back to topic.

Drop Hillis now. It's not happening for him in 2011.

I wonder if he'll ever be fantasy-relevant again, since he could be the starting fullback for Seattle or Atlanta or somebody next year.

I've got him in a TD-heavy dynasty and I honestly don't know what to do with him. If he can vulture goal-line TDs for a young offense like Cincinnati, I could see him having value.

:wacko:

Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my flame war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the Huddle and I see all those maggots at the FF board, protesting me, spitting. Calling me arrogant ass and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

Covey leader to Raven, Do you want to watch the game tomorrow?, over.

Back to the topic, ESPN crawler just reported that the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that Hillis is going to be allowed to move on as a FA after this season.

C'mon back to the Rocky Mountains, big fella. We'll give you lots of love and get you the rock here.

I have no aspirations of getting your approval. Seems funny how you say that so many huddlers excel at it. Do you rub your wife the wrong way too???

I have no aspirations of getting your approval. Seems funny how you say that so many huddlers excel at it. Do you rub your wife the wrong way too???

No, it means just what I said. You suck at it. Between that and your stalking, it doesn't have much of a reading on the laugh-o-meter.

No, it means just what I said. You suck at it. Between that and your stalking, it doesn't have much of a reading on the laugh-o-meter.

Yeah I'm stalking you like Rambo did the police chief. Like I said before you started this with no provocation.

Yeah I'm stalking you like Rambo did the police chief. Like I said before you started this with no provocation.

Manage your ignored users

This section allows you to set up your ignored users list.

When you add a user to your ignore list, any posts they make will be masked until you specify that you wish to read them. You may not be able to ignore users if they are in a member group which doesn't allow them to be added.

Name Group Posts

SNOWBOUND33 Members

Buh-bye. Stalk away to your hearts' content, Rambo

Manage your ignored users

This section allows you to set up your ignored users list.

When you add a user to your ignore list, any posts they make will be masked until you specify that you wish to read them. You may not be able to ignore users if they are in a member group which doesn't allow them to be added.

Name Group Posts

SNOWBOUND33 Members

Buh-bye. Stalk away to your hearts' content, Rambo

Continue to make stupid posts attacking members for no reason. You obviously have some sort of inferiority complex.

Good riddance. :wacko:

I GUARANTEE you read any and everything I post.

Edited by SNOWBOUND33