[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sexaul Harassment

SayItAintSoJoe

1. Lady meets man in hotel bar

2. Man tells lady he arranged for her room upgrade

3. Lady and man go out to dinner

4. After dinner man tells lady he want to take her somewhere to show her something, lady agrees to go

5. Man parks the car and puts the moves on the lady

6. Lady refuses the man’s advances and tells him to stop

7. Man stops making advances and immediately takes lady back to her hotel

Is this sexual harassment or just a case of a lady sending mixed signals to a man and a man getting the wrong idea?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. After dinner man tells lady he want to take her somewhere to show her something, lady agrees to go

Is this sexual harassment or just a case of a lady sending mixed signals to a man and a man getting the wrong idea?

Hard to say from that description, but sadly, in today's world, the answer is "yes".

You did the right thing by taking her back to her new, upgraded room. :wacko:

I would not consider that sexual harassment at all, however. But Swammi is right, in this day and age if you don't look like Brad Pitt or George Clooney and you put the moves on some chick it's consider sexual harassment. If you DO happen to look like above said celebrities, then apparently it's OK.

You did the right thing by taking her back to her new, upgraded room. :tup:

I would not consider that sexual harassment at all, however. But Swammi is right, in this day and age if you don't look like Brad Pitt or George Clooney and you put the moves on some chick it's consider sexual harassment. If you DO happen to look like above said celebrities, then apparently it's OK.

:wacko:

This is the Herman Cain situation. I tried to keep his name out of it to keep it from going political.

4 women making similar allegations (well, one publicly anyway). Right now, I tend to believe that it's probably true. I'm not sure yet if it disqualifies him from public office or not (maybe). I would need to know more I guess. Not sure why he's the GOP front runner at this point anyway. Probably just because it's such a weak field.

4 women making similar allegations (well, one publicly anyway). Right now, I tend to believe that it's probably true. I'm not sure yet if it disqualifies him from public office or not (maybe). I would need to know more I guess. Not sure why he's the GOP front runner at this point anyway. Probably just because it's such a weak field.

Yeah, I see a disturbing pattern. We (the right, conservatives, whatever) went after Clinton and John Edwards after similar allegations so I don't see how we should not be just as persistent with Cain. Although I always suspect someone when a) They have Gloria Allred as they're lawyer and :wacko: make an accusation significant years after the fact when they could have come forward much earlier, I don't see how this can be gaffed off.

Cain is done, which is fine by me as I never took him seriously to begin with. One woman makes these allegations, it's maybe 50/50 she's making them up. Four women, no way. Caught the latest one on the Today show this morning with her attorney (who else), that worthless twat media whore Gloria Allred, and she came off pretty credible. Contrast that with Cain on Jimmy Kimmel last night again saying it's a fabrication with that nervous fake-confident smirk and he just looks like a buffoon. Anyone with half a brain still supporting him would have to believe his prospects as POTUS trump the gravity of the sexual harassment stuff, as opposed to actually believing all the accusations are made up. I believe his remaining support is going to start eroding quickly now.

Also, regardless of whether you believe "sexual harassment" is a double-edged sword, completely unfair to men, a load of crap, etc etc etc...the vast majority of men in positions of power are cognizant of the landscape and have the common sense to play by the rules whether they are fair or not. Most men in positions of power don't leave behind a trail of these bimbo eruptions and those that do, you have to seriously question their judgement. That's why most people are going to have trouble taking Cain seriously when he can't seem to manage his own personal conduct.

To me this is all a good thing though...is this the guy who would really take on Obama and have a chance next year?? :wacko:

Yeah, I see a disturbing pattern. We (the right, conservatives, whatever) went after Clinton and John Edwards after similar allegations so I don't see how we should not be just as persistent with Cain. Although I always suspect someone when a) They have Gloria Allred as they're lawyer and :wacko: make an accusation significant years after the fact when they could have come forward much earlier, I don't see how this can be gaffed off.

I would like to know more about the other three cases to determine if there was an abuse of power. This latest accuser is different, IMO. She did not work for him or the organization that he was in charge of. To just come out 14 years after the fact, with a story that is just about impossible to prove and only serves to make Cain look like a sleeze ball takes away from what the other three ladies may have experienced.

Edited by SayItAintSoJoe

unless the man is in some position of power over the woman, this is not sexual harassment

For example, if I tried something like this with one of my students, it could definitely be considered sexual harassment.

(Although most likely the student would consider it the best night of her life.) :wacko:

or not :tup:

unless the man is in some position of power over the woman, this is not sexual harassment

For example, if I tried something like this with one of my students, it could definitely be considered sexual harassment.

(Although most likely the student would consider it the best night of her life.) :wacko:

Hey - even up here in WI have heard stories about "The Wieg". I might be bringing a suit against you because i feel harassed just hearing about it they are so bad.

:lol:

If she accepted I believe the "mercy rule" might apply.

One side consequence of the media frenzy around the [Herman Cain] sex scandal, however, is that it distracts from all the non-scandal-related ways in which Cain is a terrible candidate who has trouble recalling even basic policy details and distinctions."

Hmmm....maybe Cain's own people leaked these stories. :wacko:

He just needs another accuser to come out once a month until election day.

Hmmm....maybe Cain's own people leaked these stories. :wacko:

He just needs another accuser to come out once a month until election day.

I wouldn't really go that far, but I do think this stupid nonsense is working to his advantage. weak and/or anonymous claims, complete with gloria alread sideshow. makes it look to his supporters and would-be supporters like he has a hugh target on his back.

Edited by Azazello1313

One side consequence of the media frenzy around the [Herman Cain] sex scandal, however, is that it distracts from all the non-scandal-related ways in which Cain is a terrible candidate who has trouble recalling even basic policy details and distinctions."

This is why I haven't paid much attention at all to the harassment allegations. Cain looks like a terrible candidate to me, having failed to even do the math associated with his 9-9-9 slogan (and slogan is all it is).

One more very weak candidate in a very weak field.

True...he loses some of us, but he gains some of the dems that think that sexual issues have no bearing on your job performance.

I wouldn't really go that far, but I do think this stupid nonsense is working to his advantage. weak and/or anonymous claims, complete with gloria alread sideshow. makes it look to his supporters and would-be supporters like he has a hugh target on his back.

And it seems like these women only came from the Restaurant Association he was President of. If he was this terrible, where are all the other women? How about some of the women at Godfather's Pizza?

Not saying they aren't telling the truth, but it seems like a serial non-Brad Pitt harasser (see my previous posting) like Cain would have left a wider trail.