[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Megatron hurt?

injendsm

Something definitely happened on his last target (in the end zone midway through the 4th). He came down and kinda stayed down -- I even thought I saw a Chicago defender wave to the trainers to come out. He was on the sidelines the rest of the game and looked fine, but the announcers were talking concussion. I havent seen that supported anywhere post-game though. Not sure if he was actually hurt or not. Given that he's arguably the #1 WR in fantasy, the silence is deafening.

He got popped on that hit by Briggs and probably shouldn't have been on the field after that hit. Stafford was having trouble getting his throws anywhere close to where they needed to be. Game was over at that point.

He is tough as nails and quite a big boy. I am sure he will be fine.

He got popped on that hit by Briggs and probably shouldn't have been on the field after that hit. Stafford was having trouble getting his throws anywhere close to where they needed to be. Game was over at that point.

He is tough as nails and quite a big boy. I am sure he will be fine.

The question is will Stafford be fine? Will his fractured finger (which is "not bad" according to him) heal and allow him to make the throws he's been making most of his short career? That is what most Megatron owners want to know.

He's paid to help win football games. At that point, winning was no longer in question. He's too important to the team to be on the field when the game is out of hand and getting nasty.

If you're paid to play football you play football.

I'm sure the fans, who paid for the tickets, bought the merchandise, and gave the owners the money to pay their star player wouldn't necessarily appreciate going to a game where said star player just sat around.

I'm getting tired of this overall feeling of cream-puffery going around in the NFL. It's a man's game, and that's why they get paid in lifetime salaries for the average working man. No one forced them to play football, but they damn sure choose to, they collect millions and milliions to, so I don't think I'm out of line by saying get your pansy ass up off the bench and go do what you're paid to do.

I don't know what the biggest comeback in NFL history ever was, but I'm sure it didn't start with a team pouting that they couldn't win and sitting all their starters.

If you're paid to play football you play football.

I'm sure the fans, who paid for the tickets, bought the merchandise, and gave the owners the money to pay their star player wouldn't necessarily appreciate going to a game where said star player just sat around.

I'm getting tired of this overall feeling of cream-puffery going around in the NFL. It's a man's game, and that's why they get paid in lifetime salaries for the average working man. No one forced them to play football, but they damn sure choose to, they collect millions and milliions to, so I don't think I'm out of line by saying get your pansy ass up off the bench and go do what you're paid to do.

I don't know what the biggest comeback in NFL history ever was, but I'm sure it didn't start with a team pouting that they couldn't win and sitting all their starters.

Did you watch the game yesterday? It was clearly out of hand and the play turned pretty dirty...it would be a complete shame if a FRANCHISE player like Megatron suffered a major injury trying to snag a couple extra minutes (and stats).

Pretty sure people that pay to see the Lions care more about the future of their franchise and not who can pull off the bigger cheap shot on a division rival.

The 32-point deficit the Bills has vs the Oilers in the 1992 playoffs.

The 32-point deficit the Bills has vs the Oilers in the 1992 playoffs.

Thank you.

awahl63, real quick, what's 32 + 13? Seems to me like its 45.

Is 45 greater than 37? Last I checked.

So don't tell me the game was out of hand. If I were a coach I would play my players 60 minutes each game, and if they don't like it they could find another team. Now if it was 50-0 then you have a point. But as long as there is a chance to win the game you play the game like you're paid to do.

Thank you.

awahl63, real quick, what's 32 + 13? Seems to me like its 45.

Is 45 greater than 37? Last I checked.

So don't tell me the game was out of hand. Now if it was 50-0 then you have a point. But as long as there is a chance to win the game you play the game like you're paid to do.

Did you watch the game? It was out of hand in the 2nd quarter...by the end of the 3rd it was clearly over.

If I were a coach I would play my players 60 minutes each game, and if they don't like it they could find another team.

That's probably why you aren't a football coach...and I would venture to guess that you've never played organized football before

Did you watch the game? It was out of hand in the 2nd quarter...by the end of the 3rd it was clearly over.

That's probably why you aren't a football coach...and I would venture to guess that you've never played organized football before

But the Bears paid good money, they deserved to see Megatron continue to play and possible get killed. :wacko:

And much like with the rest of your whiny rants in this thread you'd be wrong, on both counts.

If I were a coach I would play my players 60 minutes each game, and if they don't like it they could find another team

Exactly :wacko:

Even in close games the star players especially RB's, have to take in some bench time so they can get some rest before the next set of snaps they're going to see. Also this is why there is a depth chart (not just in case someone gets hurt)...Old CJ2K would be on sideline after breaking an 80+ yard run cause any wise coach knows that he ran out of gas on that run and needs some time to refuel (forget who that big boy was that ran behind him...name on tip of the tongue....Starts with an "L"....oh well). Just part of coaching...but ya

Exactly :wacko:

Even in close games the star players especially RB's, have to take in some bench time so they can get some rest before the next set of snaps they're going to see. Also this is why there is a depth chart (not just in case someone gets hurt)...Old CJ2K would be on sideline after breaking an 80+ yard run cause any wise coach knows that he ran out of gas on that run and needs some time to refuel (forget who that big boy was that ran behind him...name on tip of the tongue....Starts with an "L"....oh well). Just part of coaching...but ya

Well of course you have subs, don't take what I said so literal. I wouldn't expect a guy to break an 80-yard run and be back out there the next play. I just mean I wouldn't sit a perfectly healthy capable player if I had a chance to win a game. You're paid to win the game, period. That game you're playing is the most important thing.

"But he might get a cheap shot and be hurt!"

Yeah, and he might get hit by a bus walking out of the training facility tomorrow and be out for the year. You can't put your players in a little bubble and keep them safe.

How do you think fans would react to Megatron blowing out his MCL in the 4th quarter of a game they're losing by 30 points?

We're not talking about taking out starters in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. We're talking about taking out starters in the 4th quarter of a game that is totally out of hand. There comes a point where you have to thinking about what is in the best long-term interest of your team.

I am a huge Lions fan and have Megatron on a couple of my FF teams and I didn't want him out there after he got popped by Briggs.

He is so important to the franchise. It really didn't make sense to keep him in there. Imagine the Lions team without Calvin. Who would step up? Burleson? Titus Young? Mo Morris?

Enough with the tough guy talk. You have to protect your franchise player in a game that was over right after halftime. It may be soft, but it is also smart.

after the second pick 6 they should have sat stafford for a series to let him collect himself. he was noticeably, shaken up long before that, but you have to show confidence in your stars....

but watching the backup play in spite is something a guy like stafford could use from time to time.

the game was out of hand with stafford in that mindstate, but the det D shut down chicago all night. They could have came back, even from the second TD.

To touch on Mega, he looked pretty sharp on the sideline. Albeit a little depressed, but sharp none the less. Schwartz probably won't give much, but I don't expect him to have suffered a concussion.

Edited by coordi88

after the second pick 6 they should have sat stafford for a series to let him collect himself. he was noticeably, shaken up long before that, but you have to show confidence in your stars....

but watching the backup play in spite is something a guy like stafford could use from time to time.

the game was out of hand with stafford in that mindstate, but the det D shut down chicago all night. They could have came back, even from the second TD.

To touch on Mega, he looked pretty sharp on the sideline. Albeit a little depressed, but sharp none the less. Schwartz probably won't give much, but I don't expect him to have suffered a concussion.

I'm thinking the broken finger happened early in the game and that's part of it too.