[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Matthews

detlef

I've sort of managed to live in a Ryan Matthews free zone this season. I did not target him in drafts, he was snapped up by someone long before I was prepared to take him, and it seems like he's either going off or he's hurt or he's kinda sorta doing OK (like this last week)

He is now potentially part of a trade that I'm negotiating and I'm curious about everyone's thoughts on him going forward.

I've sort of managed to live in a Ryan Matthews free zone this season. I did not target him in drafts, he was snapped up by someone long before I was prepared to take him, and it seems like he's either going off or he's hurt or he's kinda sorta doing OK (like this last week)

He is now potentially part of a trade that I'm negotiating and I'm curious about everyone's thoughts on him going forward.

hit or miss, week to week

he's hard to predict

hit or miss, week to week

he's hard to predict

Agreed, but he's generally heavily involved in the passing game, which gives me a teeny bit more comfort over him than your typical hit-or-miss kind of guy.

Also, Tolbert is a UFA after this season so if there's any keeper component that could be a very nice development for Matthews.

I have him in my main local, and due to some unexpected depth earlier this year when he was actually doing very well week-in and week-out, I still couldn't get what i felt was good value for him.

I like him....at worst, he's a 9-11 ppr guy...at best, he's a low-20's contributor. When healthy, he's usually somewhere in the middle, which I will take everyday as my RB2.

I have him as a flex, and until bradshaw gets better I'm being forced to use him as an RB2. He was consistent for a little while but now that tolbert is back he's pretty iffy, I however do not have a better replacement available. (Picked up murray in one lague but not this before his breakout, boy do i wish i'd grabbed him in both)

One of those talented but oft-injured players. I normally steer well clear of these types, as it's not the games they miss that kill you as much as the half-games they miss, where you started them only to see them leave the game early due to their next assorted injury. I took a chance and drafted one of these types this year in McFadden. Never again. I'll let some other schmuck draft thes guys way too early. While they celebrate a handful of big games, I'll remind myself it won't be long til they are injured again and producing very little to nothing. Throw Andre Johnson into this group now too. He deserves to be there.

One of those talented but oft-injured players. I normally steer well clear of these types, as it's not the games they miss that kill you as much as the half-games they miss, where you started them only to see them leave the game early due to their next assorted injury. I took a chance and drafted one of these types this year in McFadden. Never again. I'll let some other schmuck draft thes guys way too early. While they celebrate a handful of big games, I'll remind myself it won't be long til they are injured again and producing very little to nothing. Throw Andre Johnson into this group now too. He deserves to be there.

This sums it up for me.

should use him more of course when healthy :wacko: , I dont see why he can't be a Forte type of guy, considering Rivers struggle maybe SD shouldn't take so many chances down field and start playing the dink/dunk offense before Rivers sets the mark for int for a season.

he cant be a forte guy cause he sits out half a game with a thumb injury. or has a groin injury with his helmet off in the middle of a game and he runs out and jumps up on some guy... you could see him realize what he did and meekly look at the sidlines hoping a coach didnt see him too.

I'm not sure whether to thank you all or curse you, but it looks like, rather than shipping my reliable RB2 (Turner) for him and a solid WR that I need, I'll just hope that I can keep nursing fleeting production from my rogue's gallery of WRs.

Don't get near Mathews. He can't finish games and he is known to fumble.

it's not the games they miss that kill you as much as the half-games they miss, where you started them only to see them leave the game early due to their next assorted injury.

THIS!

These types of players are absolute "stay away" for fantasy purposes -- they can submarine your match at any time.

I live in a Ryan-free zone myself, Mathews or Torain. :wacko:

he cant be a forte guy cause he sits out half a game with a thumb injury. or has a groin injury with his helmet off in the middle of a game and he runs out and jumps up on some guy... you could see him realize what he did and meekly look at the sidlines hoping a coach didnt see him too.

Brittle, candy-ass, or both??

To be honest with you....most of you are Matthews haters and I am not a big supporter, but according to statistics.....He is actually the top of the third tier or the bottom of tier two with 139 pts.....in ppr....Yes, yes, I know he has been a disappointment lately and hurt and....blah, blah, blah...but you could be doing worse....

He has more points than....

Michael Turner....

MJDrew.....

Steven Jax

Frank Gore.....yes, Frank Gore....

Chris Johnson

Reggie Bush.....

Lynch....Magahee....and Mendenhall.....

So, although I am not defending him...if he has a decent second half...averaging......12-15 points a game in ppr leagues....I'll take it....

To be honest with you....most of you are Matthews haters and I am not a big supporter, but according to statistics.....He is actually the top of the third tier or the bottom of tier two with 139 pts.....in ppr....Yes, yes, I know he has been a disappointment lately and hurt and....blah, blah, blah...but you could be doing worse....

Michael Turner....

MJDrew.....

Steven Jax

Chris Johnson

Reggie Bush.....

So, although I am not defending him...if he has a decent second half...averaging......12-15 points a game in ppr leagues....I'll take it....

The cog in taking this line of thought is that you need reliable production to win in fantasy football. A player who goes off in a handfull of games might win you those few weeks outright, but it's the games he didn't play, left early, or had low production from being dinged up that kill you. Nothing is worse than still wondering if he's going to play and get a decent workload 10 minutes before gametime on Sunday.

The cog in taking this line of thought is that you need reliable production to win in fantasy football. A player who goes off in a handfull of games might win you those few weeks outright, but it's the games he didn't play, left early, or had low production from being dinged up that kill you. Nothing is worse than still wondering if he's going to play and get a decent workload 10 minutes before gametime on Sunday.

I understand your here are his scores......ppr leagues....

14.....25......30....19.....14....bye....10.....17......8 (recovering from groin injury)

If you look.....he is averaging over 10 points in ppr leagues per game.....That is good enough for a RB2 or even a flex.....Right?

I understand your here are his scores......ppr leagues....

14.....25......30....19.....14....bye....10.....17......8 (recovering from groin injury)

If you look.....he is averaging over 10 points in ppr leagues per game.....That is good enough for a RB2 or even a flex.....Right?

That's if you're getting 1 ppr. It's a little less impressive in leagues that award .5 ppr, and an even bigger hit in non-ppr. In non-ppr leagues his weekly scoring is 11...18...26...14...12...bye...5...8...0...5... The 18 total points in the last 4 weeks are the killer, because you're already trying to find decent bye-week fillins for your other studs, then to get such low-modest production from your studs that are playing hurts.

Michael Turner....

MJDrew.....

Steven Jax

Chris Johnson

Reggie Bush.....

In our .5 PPR .1 pt per yard league, he's behind Turner, Gore, S jax, and MJD on that list.