[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wisconsin

Scooby's Hubby

The frenzy around the recall really sounds like sour grapes when those who are wanting a recall are threatening fellow union members who support the Gov. What the hell is goinggon up there? It is my understanding that the new reforms could be working. Is the recall a waste of time and taxpayer money? and aren't union dues being used for their own smear campaigns and not the original intentions to serve its members? Sounds like nothing is getting done in Wisc.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The frenzy around the recall really sounds like sour grapes when those who are wanting a recall are threatening fellow union members who support the Gov. What the hell is goinggon up there? It is my understanding that the new reforms could be working. Is the recall a waste of time and taxpayer money? and aren't union dues being used for their own smear campaigns and not the original intentions to serve its members? Sounds like nothing is getting done in Wisc.

ask dumb and dumbererer they seem to know what is going on.

SH. Walker was also elected because of job creation

Guess what state is top 5 in lost jobs over his tenure?

Recall isn't the way to do this, but look at his tenure in its entirety. I can see why people are hyper charged against him, just like two passionate walker fans here at the huddle were hyper charged against the Dems that left the state for a brief time.

SH. Walker was also elected because of job creation

Guess what state is top 5 in lost jobs over his tenure?

Recall isn't the way to do this, but look at his tenure in its entirety. I can see why people are hyper charged against him, just like two passionate walker fans here at the huddle were hyper charged against the Dems that left the state for a brief time.

You are right about a lot of things here...

Recall isn't the way to do this - you are correct

I can see why people are hyper charged against him - correct again

were hyper charged against the Dems that left the state for a brief time - correct again and rightfully so.

Like it has been said before - If he does not create jobs he should get his butt thrown out but this recall thing is a waste of time and money and not good for the state - the next general election should be where Walker's fate is decided.

Like it has been said before - If he does not create jobs he should get his butt thrown out but this recall thing is a waste of time and money and not good for the state - the next general election should be where Walker's fate is decided.

Even though I think Walker is an arrogant SOB who is almost entirely wrong, I do tend to agree that recalls should be reserved for malfeasance. If his policies suck balls, throw him out in the next gubernatorial election. Worth noting that these things can cut both ways, so the next Dem elected by a razor thin majority could have the same trick pulled on him.

Even though I think Walker is an arrogant SOB who is almost entirely wrong, I do tend to agree that recalls should be reserved for malfeasance. If his policies suck balls, throw him out in the next gubernatorial election. Worth noting that these things can cut both ways, so the next Dem elected by a razor thin majority could have the same trick pulled on him.

i think every state can recall but I am not sure. go and check how many governors have been recalled.

i think every state can recall but I am not sure. go and check how many governors have been recalled.

Pretty sure they all can but IIRC, in modern times only Gray Davis has been recalled and that was the Republicans that did it in CA. That right there makes my point about it cutting both ways.

Agree 100%!! This now just gives the repubs an excuse to pull the same crap.

This sure sounds like it is going to be a circus and with lawsuits it will probably last until the next election anyway. The govt accountability board has already made it public they won't look for fraudulent signatures - even if the name is Brett Favre and as long as there is a valid address they won't look into it. They have also said that if you vote absentee and then decide to change your mind you can show up and vote in public and it is up to the clerk to hopefully find your absentee ballot and disregard it. This is just going to create so much controversy and waste even more time and money. a friggin joke.

Signed,

Dumb or Dumberer :wacko:

Pretty sure they all can but IIRC, in modern times only Gray Davis has been recalled and that was the Republicans that did it in CA. That right there makes my point about it cutting both ways.

right and it is not easy to do. that was my point. since walker has started a poll tax to vote as well as gerrymandering all the districts last summer there are more than just democrats out to get him. wait till you start reading about all the investigation into his campaign that will be coming out in the next few months.

right and it is not easy to do. that was my point. since walker has started a poll tax to vote as well as gerrymandering all the districts last summer there are more than just democrats out to get him. wait till you start reading about all the investigation into his campaign that will be coming out in the next few months.

Which implies malfeasance and I'd be totally on board with a recall for that.

Yep, the republican disenfranchisement scheme for 2012 is beginning to boil up there and elsewhere.

Obama has made some very valid points as of late... Take for example his 60 minutes interview where he stated that:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I didn't overpromise. And I didn't underestimate how tough this was gonna be. I always believed that this was a long-term project; this wasn't a short-term project. And, you know, for individual Americans, who are struggling right now, they have every reason to be impatient. They should want all these things solved tomorrow. It doesn't matter how good my economic theories are. If you don't have a job right now, the only economic policy you want to hear is, "I'm hired. I've got a job. I can pay my bills. I can look after my family."

But what I understood coming in was that reversing a culture here in Washington, dominated by special interests, reversing a political culture that was dominated by polls and sound bites and [a] 24-hour news cycle, reversing structural problems in our economy that have been building up for two decades, that was gonna take time. It was gonna take more than a year. It was gonna take more than two years. It was gonna take more than one term. Probably takes more than one president.

You are right about a lot of things here...

Recall isn't the way to do this - you are correct

I can see why people are hyper charged against him - correct again

were hyper charged against the Dems that left the state for a brief time - correct again and rightfully so.

I said since the beginning if Walker was concilitory at all towards the Dems in office, and made even a slight attempt to mend fences then this would have petered out awhile ago. He could have accomplished much of the same things without looking like a Megan Fox.

Now with the rhetoric jacked up to fever pitches by both parties in Wisco, this keeps on going and going and going and going . . . .

It's all pretty simple. If you implement a radical right wing agenda, you can satisfy the looney fringe, but you'll lose support from mainstream voters.

And that is where the rubber meets the road.

I dunno, they've been having some success with their demonization efforts. Government workers are the boogeyman du jour, despite the fact that for the most part they are regular Joes, just like everyone else.

There must always be some group the non-rich elements of the Republican Party can be pointed at, to keep them believing the crap they get fed e.g. if it wasn't for welfare, immigrants, government workers we'd all be living in mansions.

????

A poll tax? What are you talking about?

And what's this gerrymandering you're talking about as well? Are you talking about the legislative districts required by law to be redrawn every 10 years by the party with the majority in both houses, which was the R's this time around? Are you actually asking to be taken seriously in that you believe if the Dem's were in power they wouldn't have done the same thing? This redistricting happens all over this nation and the party in power always takes advantage of it. You call it "gerrymandering" when you're not in power, but when you are it's "just the normal legislative process", right?

Really, man. You serious?

Edited by tosberg34

I dunno, they've been having some success with their demonization efforts. Government workers are the boogeyman du jour, despite the fact that for the most part they are regular Joes, just like everyone else.

There must always be some group the non-rich elements of the Republican Party can be pointed at, to keep them believing the crap they get fed e.g. if it wasn't for welfare, immigrants, government workers we'd all be living in mansions.

Oh, puh-leeeze. What's it like to get your news from only one source (HuffPo)? :wacko: