[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bing!

Redfish

Who was the genius that thought the average American would enjoying clicking a link to get to an interesting headline, then being taken on a merry goose chase with fifteen steps to get to the story?

"Click here to read about the 10 richest members of Congress"

"Jay Rockefeller- click here to find out where his fortune came from"

"Click here to find out how much he is worth"

"Click here to get to a Google-style search result that will require five more levels of penetration to get any meaningful information....."

If I see MS or Bing or MSNBC anywhere near a news story, I google it and look it up somewhere else. I realize they probably are getting advertising revenue per click, but if they run off their potential customers through frustration or sheer exhaustion, I'm guessing they won't get many clicks. Hate this thing.

ETA: I can't edit the thread title, but it should say "what the $#@% was Microsoft thinking when they created this monstrosity?"

Edited by Redfish

I think I'm glad that I have no idea what this thread is about.

Though I was hoping to see Taylor Swift's ding dong...

That is a new filter phrase.

And it is a frustration thread of sites that require multiple clicks to get to a story where one click should suffice.