[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Dark Knight Rises Prologue - Intro Ban

cliaz

I can't wait to see this movie. I was down in Gotham City...Pittsburgh when they had a little accident with the batmobile. It was pretty neat watching them for the hour that I spent down there and I am dying to see it on the big screen.

Moved Gotham City from Chicago then?

Yep . . . the third installment was filmed in Pittsburgh. They needed more of a ghetto than Chicago . . . :wacko:

The funny thing about that is that as far as I know they did not go to any of the easy to get to ghetto area's that would have needed no make up to look ghetto yet the spent unbelievable money making area's look ghetto. I know you was just playing when you said that but it is true. The day that I went and took a look, I did not believe I was in the area of the city that I know pretty well. They could have driven about 5 minutes from where they were and saved a whole lot of money.

The funny thing about that is that as far as I know they did not go to any of the easy to get to ghetto area's that would have needed no make up to look ghetto yet the spent unbelievable money making area's look ghetto. I know you was just playing when you said that but it is true. The day that I went and took a look, I did not believe I was in the area of the city that I know pretty well. They could have driven about 5 minutes from where they were and saved a whole lot of money.

Actually you kind of want a clean slate so to speak in order to have the best control over how the hood looks. It's all by design, and consider issues of security and rubberneckers with millions in equipment in a run down neighborhood. A ghetto is pretty generic, not something like an airport or racetrack.

They need to fix his voice, big time.

Stumbled across this today and freaked out. It is a 6 minute Prologue Nolan did to tie in the events of TDK & TDKRs and introduces Bane

My pants is be tight

Bane sounds a lot like Johann Krauss from Hellboy 2: the golden army

So they banned the Intro?

Bane sounds like some former juiced up NFL players.

Somebody want to translate that for me?

Yeah, it's hard to make out what Bane says. Nolan has acknowledged it and will be improving the sound quality of it but here are Bane's speaking parts from what I can tell:

When Bane speaks while hood is on head:

"Or perhaps he is wondering why a man would shoot someone in the head before throwing them out of a plane"

CIA dude asks him who he is:

"Does matter who we are, all that matters is our plan"

While the CIA guy starts to pull off the hood on Bane's head

"No one cared who i was until I put on the mask"

When the CIA guy asks if it will kill him if they pull off the mask:

"It would be extremely painful"

CIA guy: "Your a big guy"

"..for you"

When Bane is speaking about the Dr on the plan before he breaks out of his bounds:

"Dr. Pavel refused our offer in favor of yours. We had to find out what he told you about us."

When the CIA guy says congratulation, you got yourself caught so what is the next step to your master plan:

"Crash this plane with no survivors"

When Bane is hooking up the doctor and he stops to tell his henchman something:

"No! They will expect one of us in the crash, brother"

Henchman says "Have we started the fire?"

"The fire rises"

Then right before they cut the smaller plane loose:

"Calm down, doctor. This isn't the time for fear. That comes later"

I saw this prologue at an IMAX before Mission Impossible. Neither I nor any of the 4 guys I was with could understand pretty much anything said by any of the characters. I've read about the one guy being hard to understand but we thought the whole prologue was completely unintelligible. Maybe it was just the theater...