[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official SWTOR thread

cliaz

One thing I've noticed: If you want decent weapons and mods, you need to run flashpoints (instances).

Ran Esseles for the first time last night and the Sith boss dropped two lightsabers. To that point, I've never seen one drop and was still wielding the lightsaber I built on Tython.

So even if you are a bit overleveled (or me underleveled as it were), I'd still run some flashpoints for gear.

Got a fantastic orange gunslinger chest piece on Esseles last night. Huzzah!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a fantastic orange gunslinger chest piece on Esseles last night. Huzzah!

Oh please link over the status. I wanna see!

Dinged 17 gunslinger last night right in the middle of that Locus heroic. Ended up dropping out of the group halfway through those because we didn't have a tank and had to use the jedi companion for it and it was just not working. We must have died 6 or 7 times. The weird thing was that the mobs kept regenerating and were doing so very fast. We stood in one area for 30 minutes fighting the same 4 elite mobs over and over because they would regen as soon as they died (stupid bugs).

I freaking love the gunslinger. when I'm running solo with Corso and come up to mobs it goes like this:

running up till I get into thermal grenade range and i chuck it on the center most mob to knock 'em down

Hit P button (instead of cover, it drops you into a crouch instead of rolling up behind cover in front of a mob)

Aimed shot

The charged shot buff -> charged shot

charged shot

by this time the mobs are swarming around us and i drop that new gunslinger grenade that knocks them all down and stuns them for 2 seconds

then just pick the rest off one at a time

People complain about the gunslinger in PVP but a lot of our abilities are good for stunning and knocking back folks.

Managed to crack 18 last night. I only have one class quest left in Coruscant and I managed to complete almost all of the heroics as well.

Looking forward to getting off of this rock.

I just dinged 18 last night myself. I'm about 60% completed with this planet and have 4 Flashpoints queued up (one of which is ship pvp I think). I should be able to share those quests for you so you can run the flashpoints with me.

I just dinged 18 last night myself. I'm about 60% completed with this planet and have 4 Flashpoints queued up (one of which is ship pvp I think). I should be able to share those quests for you so you can run the flashpoints with me.

Got to 19 tonight as well as getting my ship.

The space combat missions are cool. Kind of an old school Star Fox feel. I was able to beat all three despite them being orange quests so I got some solid xp.

Anchorhead crashed tonight so I also got in some time on my Imperial Agent or The Fatman. Got him to 11 and selected Operative for my specialization.

I typically get an hour in around 11pm. Not all that much time... Don't play every night but might put in a few hours a week for now. It's quite fun and really it doesn't take all that long to level if you run all the missions. My Jedi Knight hit level 21 last night just running a couple missions on Taris.

how in the hell do you guys have time for that stuff? do you all have magical watches that can stop time?

I don't sleep because of my insomnia so I get a lot of time there

I'll get on around 8PM and play for an hour or two and then after I go to bed if I can't sleep I'll get back on around mid-night and play for a couple of more hours.

I don't sleep because of my insomnia so I get a lot of time there

I'll get on around 8PM and play for an hour or two and then after I go to bed if I can't sleep I'll get back on around mid-night and play for a couple of more hours.

do you think that may add to the insomnia. if your brain cant slow down, playing games will not help :wacko:

My laptop runs it very smoothly but I do turn shadows off and I also have res on low. Little known fact and a weird bug is that if you have resolution on low, then turn it to high, hit save, then change back to low and hit save again, it actually almost doubles your frame rate in game...weird I know but it really worked for me.

Let me just say, I ran a Heroic 4 last night called Locus out on Taris. We lost our tank after the first 5 minutes so we had to use a companion to finish it. It was me (Gunslinger - 18) A Jedi Sage, a trooper that healed (whatever they are called) and a Scoundrel. We use the Scoundrel's companion Corso as the tank. It took us 20 minutes to kill the final boss. Midget. No one died, it was one, long 20 minute fight. Stupid boss had these healing globes he would throw out that would heal him and because he was so fast at it I could never get an interrupt off in time. I'm noticing that more and more end bosses require serious planning before you run in shooting. I like that.

Let me just say, I ran a Heroic 4 last night called Locus out on Taris. We lost our tank after the first 5 minutes so we had to use a companion to finish it. It was me (Gunslinger - 18) A Jedi Sage, a trooper that healed (whatever they are called) and a Scoundrel. We use the Scoundrel's companion Corso as the tank. It took us 20 minutes to kill the final boss. Midget. No one died, it was one, long 20 minute fight. Stupid boss had these healing globes he would throw out that would heal him and because he was so fast at it I could never get an interrupt off in time. I'm noticing that more and more end bosses require serious planning before you run in shooting. I like that.

I'm on Taris right now. Should be able to mix up for playing time tonight.

I'm on Taris right now. Should be able to mix up for playing time tonight.

Hell yea, I still need to do Hammer Station and then the investigate crash site heroic. Hey, you ever notice that when you start a fight with a boss the Star Wars battle music kicks in? I get swept up in the fight once I start hearing Du, Du, Dunt-Dunt-Dunt-Du Du

Edited by cliaz

Hell yea, I still need to do Hammer Station and then the investigate crash site heroic. Hey, you ever notice that when you start a fight with a boss the Star Wars battle music kicks in? I get swept up in the fight once I start hearing Du, Du, Dunt-Dunt-Dunt-Du Du

What do you guys think about each of us rolling 1 alt apiece on a mutually agreed upon server and starting a little Huddle Guild? :wacko:

What do you guys think about each of us rolling 1 alt apiece on a mutually agreed upon server and starting a little Huddle Guild? :wacko:

That's kind of what we did here. We haven't started a guild yet but we both selected this server. Come on over. It's a very active server and I'd have no issues rolling up another toon.

That's kind of what we did here. We haven't started a guild yet but we both selected this server. Come on over. It's a very active server and I'd have no issues rolling up another toon.

Yeah I'd like to roll a Consular/Inquisitor eventually. This would be a good time to do so.

Here is something really creepy that happened last night to me and TFord. Makes me question the intentions of the huddle itself. So I tried to run this heroic and the person I was grouped with and myself wiped a couple of times so we needed someone else. I see TFord is on so I ping him. But, selfishly enough, TFord couldn't go with us at that time because he just had to be a responsible parent and put his kids to bed first (stupid good parenting interfering with my gaming time!). So I go to reply back in a whisper (game version of an IM) but forgot to type in TFord's name and instead I messaged everyone in game. Then the freakiest thing happened. This is how the conversation went last night verbatim

Cliaz: iRash

TFord: lol

Bigjohn: I'm standing next to the big guy near locus

It is not what Big John said that is freaky, it's the fact some guy named Big John piped right after we did. Proof that the huddle is self aware and stalking us in cyberspace.

Here is something really creepy that happened last night to me and TFord. Makes me question the intentions of the huddle itself. So I tried to run this heroic and the person I was grouped with and myself wiped a couple of times so we needed someone else. I see TFord is on so I ping him. But, selfishly enough, TFord couldn't go with us at that time because he just had to be a responsible parent and put his kids to bed first (stupid good parenting interfering with my gaming time!). So I go to reply back in a whisper (game version of an IM) but forgot to type in TFord's name and instead I messaged everyone in game. Then the freakiest thing happened. This is how the conversation went last night verbatim

Cliaz: iRash

TFord: lol

Bigjohn: I'm standing next to the big guy near locus

It is not what Big John said that is freaky, it's the fact some guy named Big John piped right after we did. Proof that the huddle is self aware and stalking us in cyberspace.

If it was Big John it would have been a

:wacko:

followed by a link

followed by "Cliaz got an irash on his anus"

If it was Big John it would have been a

:wacko:

followed by a link

followed by "Cliaz got an irash on his anus"

I actually said as much. It's missing a computer emoticon but otherwise, bang on timing with the huddle reference.....

Creepy....