[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official SWTOR thread

cliaz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, I got to level 21 last night, about 20% away from 22. Haven't done any heroics in Taris except for a failed attempt at Locust when I was 19. Gonna take a run at a few tonight if there's no huddle poker.

On a side note, I got to level 21 last night, about 20% away from 22. Haven't done any heroics in Taris except for a failed attempt at Locust when I was 19. Gonna take a run at a few tonight if there's no huddle poker.

I still need to do hammer station.

If you were trying to get some SWTOR in without alerting Cliaz and myself, you should have selected a different username.

So a question to those on SWTOR that had WOW experiences. I am looking to join but before I drop $60 plus a monthly fee...these flashpoints are like dungeon instances? If so, then are the lots of pick up groups created on the fly, and are they quick to form? Also, is it a pretty mature crowd unlike a lot of PUGs in world of Warcraft? Should I just screw all the questions since its worth it in your opinion?

TIA

So a question to those on SWTOR that had WOW experiences. I am looking to join but before I drop $60 plus a monthly fee...these flashpoints are like dungeon instances? If so, then are the lots of pick up groups created on the fly, and are they quick to form? Also, is it a pretty mature crowd unlike a lot of PUGs in world of Warcraft? Should I just screw all the questions since its worth it in your opinion?

TIA

Still trying to figure out how it maps over but this is my take so far (PVE):

Heroic 2 (moderate instance)

Heroic 3 (moderate instance w/harder boss)

Heroic 4 (hard instance with multiple bosses)

Flashpoints (sort of like a heroic from wow)

ETA: I am a huge, huge, huge fan of WoW. After a couple of days playing SWTOR, I cancelled my account and removed it from the gaming laptop. SWTOR mixes that awesomeness of WoW with the story progression of Bioware and then uses the companion mechanics from the Mass Effect/Dragon Age games. I freaking love it.

Edited by cliaz

TIA

It's easy to form pickup groups but the audience is more WoW-like than something like EVE Online or EQ2. I rolled on a RP server to try and get a more mature audience..but with 1.7 million subs or so, the audience is a bit immature. Maybe not quite as bad as WoW but not uber mature either.

Like Cliaz and TFord..I love it as well.

Edited by Trojanmojo

It's easy to form pickup groups but the audience is more WoW-like than something like EVE Online or EQ2. I rolled on a RP server to try and get a more mature audience..but with 1.7 million subs or so, the audience is a bit immature. Maybe not quite as bad as WoW but not uber mature either.

Ok guys, thanks for the info. Im $$, downloading, and signing up this weekend. I like WOW but didnt get in at ground level day one, and the idea of getting in at the start on SWTOR sounds exciting. I cant wait to level up my char and evertually try out the high-level end-game stuff.

Huddlers are the best advice givers I know anywhere. ::Insert "Wind beneath my wings" here :: :wacko:

Joe

Ok guys, thanks for the info. Im $$, downloading, and signing up this weekend. I like WOW but didnt get in at ground level day one, and the idea of getting in at the start on SWTOR sounds exciting. I cant wait to level up my char and evertually try out the high-level end-game stuff.

Huddlers are the best advice givers I know anywhere. ::Insert "Wind beneath my wings" here :: :wacko:

Joe

Anchorhead server - republic side

I've run into the immature crowd on our server but it is only a very few. Lots of people are older (which tends to be the SW fan base these days). In fact, one night I thought I throw some standard cliaz crap out in general chat and I felt like my parents were scolding me at the dinner table (people are touchy about their midgets, i swear). So far I've only grouped with tools twice in my entire time in game so far. I love it and the community is fairly cool.

I've run into the immature crowd on our server but it is only a very few. Lots of people are older (which tends to be the SW fan base these days). In fact, one night I thought I throw some standard cliaz crap out in general chat and I felt like my parents were scolding me at the dinner table (people are touchy about their midgets, i swear). So far I've only grouped with tools twice in my entire time in game so far. I love it and the community is fairly cool.

After I sign up, I am going to try and to endear myself to the crowds by comparing Star Wars to Star Blazers and Space:1999 every chance I get.

You can expect me to sign up soon

I just hope my laptop can play this thing

Sweet. We need to make a guild now and think of a good name. I propose:

Loaf

Puddy

Momo's Revenge

WDIS Brigade

iRash's Watermen & BeeR

Liberal Conservatives -n- stuff

Portuguese breakfast

San Francisco Birdcage

Coruscant swim team

Spaceballs: The Guild

Our battle cry for pvp should be "Hookers and Junkies and Queers - Oh My!"

Last night I dinged 20 finally. I don't know how you are getting up to 3 to 4 levels higher than I per planet. I left Cora when I was lvl 15 and now I left Taris at level 20. Must be our story lines. Taris was an awesome planet as far as the smuggler's storyline goes. I really need to get some mods going, I haven't modified anything since I've been on Taris and I have a ton of mod parts.

When I finally got my ship back from Sevek, I caught one of his partners still in my cargo hold so I made an alliance with her. We left Cora looking for a stash of wealth hidden by this very high up underworld smuggler who was killed recently. In order to piece together all of the clues to find the location of the stash, I have to travel to 3 different planets and work multiple jobs to get the right information for tracking down the stash. On Taris, this involved delivering some stuff to scientist, obtaining core samples, and finding information hidden in an ancient vault (which turned out to be something no one expected and it was a very cool idea). During this process I got a ton of smuggler specific side quests and got to doublecross a bunch of different slimey people running illegal artifacts off planet to sell in the empire market. Speaking of which, the entire time you are on the planet you have this dude from the local security force that constantly pops up to check you and your ship to make sure you are not smuggling any artifacts. And while this is all going on, you are bouncing between 2 female smugglers who will turn on you in a second if you are not careful (though I banged one of them which was awesome because I didn't think you could do this in the game). So after a long, rough road, I found the astro-charts I was looking for and now we're heading over to Hutt Space.

Got me some upgrades to my ship last night. Had to get a larger missile bay and slapped on some more army and increase my shield regen during combat. Gonna take the Porkchop Express (yes, that's her name) out tonight for some test runs. I'm on Hutt's planet now.

Got me some upgrades to my ship last night. Had to get a larger missile bay and slapped on some more army and increase my shield regen during combat. Gonna take the Porkchop Express (yes, that's her name) out tonight for some test runs. I'm on Hutt's planet now.

:wacko: Another Huddler name