[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winterizing Lawns in East Texas

Scooby's Hubby

Being that the high for today will be 70+ :wacko: , I guess I still have time to properly winterize my lawn. Any suggestions? I have centipede grass. I usually just throw a bunch of calcium lime out (it's cheap). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Being that the high for today will be 70+ :wacko: , I guess I still have time to properly winterize my lawn. Any suggestions? I have centipede grass. I usually just throw a bunch of calcium lime out (it's cheap). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Our Winter Rye is going nuts. It does a good job of keeping the Bermuda well covered for the cold <sic> of Houston winter.

2 inches of gravel across the entire yard should do the trick... :tup:

That's what I was going to post. Why even bother with a lawn when you're going to get three months of 100+ degrees and water restrictions? Why not just gravel the whole thing nicely and put cacti in pots out there, then sell the f'n lawnmower? :wacko: