[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PayPal Alternatives

Savage Beatings

did Paypal piss you off?

No, I just have been hearing A LOT of stories lately about how they basically can freeze your account and take all of the money you have in your account there, giving you no option except to spend a ton of time and more money trying to take them to court. I've never had a problem with them, but my trust level is quickly diminishing (solely from second-hand stories).

Wait a minute... I've heard stories about people (including Huddlers) who have had their Paypal account shut down, due to using the account for fantasy football/sports (in other words, gambling). But, I guess I just assumed that meant Paypal closed their account(s), giving them the opportunity to "cash out" with their various withdrawal options. In other words, what legal right do they have (or think they have) to keep your money, regardless of whether or not they think you are using it for gambling purposes? :wacko:

If that's the case (that they could potentially take my $$, legally or not), then yeah... I need to find another option. That's crazy.

Seemed like a lot of process to register if I remember correctly. I've used PayPal for years with no problems.

It actually went pretty smooth this year for MVP Challenge (our first year using it). And yes my PayPal account was frozen and I was forced to sign a document stating that I won't break their policies again. Now, a couple of people put MVP Challenge in the subject line against my wishes so that may have triggered the situation. Although it could have also been as simple as seeing 40 people send me $20 within a couple of weeks time. Not hard to build a logarithm to search for such things.

I will never use PayPal to collect for these types of things again. Not worth the crap.

Edited by Puddy

It actually went pretty smooth this year for MVP Challenge (our first year using it). And yes my PayPal account was frozen and I was forced to sign a document stating that I won't break their policies again. Now, a couple of people put MVP Challenge in the subject line against my wishes so that may have triggered the situation. Although it could have also been as simple as seeing 40 people send me $20 within a couple of weeks time. Not hard to build a logarithm to search for such things.

I will never use PayPal to collect for these types of things again. Not worth the crap.

So, did they take your money?