[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A glance at technology: when was the last time you...

BeeR

1 - used a floppy disc (or even saw someone using one for that matter)? had to be at work about 10+ years ago

2 - bought a music CD? can't remember, still listen to them , though

3 - sent film in to be developed (ie cameras, remember?) College, 1988, maybe....

4 - bought a TV less than 32"? a few years ago I bought a 19" Vizio for the kitchen

5 - used a VCR? Hmmm.....I still have VHS tapes, though, and a working VCR (although they're stored in the garage)

Edited by The Next Generation

1 - used a floppy disc (or even saw someone using one for that matter)?

2 - bought a music CD?

3 - sent film in to be developed (ie cameras, remember?)

4 - bought a TV less than 32"?

5 - used a VCR?

1. today

2. Christmas

3. high school black room, so 1996

4. last year 19" flat panel for the bedroom.

5. me awhile but the kids still use one sometimes. still got old classic movies on vhs.

1 - used a floppy disc (or even saw someone using one for that matter)? About three months ago.

2 - bought a music CD? About 6 weeks ago.

3 - sent film in to be developed (ie cameras, remember?) Probably 10 years ago.

4 - bought a TV less than 32"? 7 years ago.

5 - used a VCR? Yesterday.

2 - bought a music CD?

5 - used a VCR?

I buy CDs all the time. I bought one last week.

We are in the process of converting our VHS tapes into mpegs to watch on our computer so I'm using a VCR pretty frequently. After that, never again.

The other three? Been years...

I was just getting ready to post something that is sort of on the same page.

When was the last time you had a long conversation on the telephone with some other than a family member. I'm talking spouse, g/f or somebody you could be interested in. In this day and age of texting, Facebook IM's and emails, I would gather a very large % of the population has lost the art of communication.

When was the last time you had a long conversation on the telephone with some other than a family member. I'm talking spouse, g/f or somebody you could be interested in. In this day and age of texting, Facebook IM's and emails, I would gather a very large % of the population has lost the art of communication.

Last week.

I've NEVER had long conversations with anyone other than family members or women I was interested in. I don't like people.

Edit: Oops, I take that back, about an hour ago I had a 50 minute phone call with someone from AT&T (alas, most of that time I was on hold).

2 - bought a music CD?

5 - used a VCR?

1 - at least 7 or 8 years

2 - a month ago

3 - a year ago (we get them underwater disposables when on vacation)

4 - about 5 years ago

5 - over 10 years

1 - used a floppy disc (or even saw someone using one for that matter)? ~ 10 years or so

2 - bought a music CD? 1 month for christmas

3 - sent film in to be developed (ie cameras, remember?) probably a disposable ~ 5 years

4 - bought a TV less than 32"? 15 years. Still have it.

5 - used a VCR? 3 years when my favorite tape got chewed up. :wacko:

Edited by The Irish Doggy

cant remember , must be a least 9 since i cant remember much after my twins were born.

2 - bought a music CD?

buy them all the time, like having them around

3 weeks ago, gave the kids some disposable ones at xmass

i have only bought one t.v in the last 10 years

5 - used a VCR?

last week, they still have them in our school and since we have no money to buy/replace things to cd's we will be using them for a long time.

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

1 - used a floppy disc (or even saw someone using one for that matter)? I have to do this a few times a year with work, getting at old data.

2 - bought a music CD? yesterday. ordered on amazon. I generally prefer buying CDs over digital-only. you can rip the whole damn thing yourself in a couple minutes, and you've got a higher quality physical backup should you ever need it, plus the album artwork and liner notes. last time I bought one in a store though....hmm, probably a couple years ago

3 - sent film in to be developed (ie cameras, remember?) man, I don't even remember. probably at least 15 years ago.

4 - bought a TV less than 32"? hmm let's see, I bought a 32" LCD a little over a year ago. and I bought a 32" CRT in 2003. so I guess this goes back to the 27" tube....woulda been 1996.

5 - used a VCR? do this a few times a year as well

Edited by Azazello1313