[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jacobs

CrimsonGhost

Why does this guy run his mouth? He isn't even good. His stats are awful. He is the third best rb on his own team. Only reason he gets carries cause he is a veteran. It is guys like this who should really just keep quiet.

Obviously she is going to defend her husband. Jacobs king of Athena talking and never backing up with his play.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id...n-needs-shut-up

Edited by CrimsonGhost

I spent the day in New England yesterday and listened to about 4 hours of sports radio, it was awesome. The topics ranged from Brady being the best QB evah and being 2 plays away from being 5-0 in Super Bowls, to who is to blame for the biggest dropped pass evah, and to how good Mario Manningham is. :wacko:

Some needs to learn about that little river in Egypt. :tup:

What did he do/say?

Tom Brady's teammates might not blast Gisele Bundchen for her comments about New England Patriots receivers, but New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs has no problem doing it.

"She just needs to continue to stay cute and shut up," he told reporters Tuesday at MetLife Stadium, where the Giants were honored for beating the Patriots 21-17 in Super Bowl XLVI

Did this really need its own thread, could't we have just added it to the thread about Giselle making the statement in the first place?

here

As far as Jacobs, well if Giselle can say what she wants then he can say what he wants.

As for as him "not even being good", that is debateable as he has been good when given the bulk of the carries, something that hasn't happened in a few years. If he was as bad as the OP suggests the Giants would have cut him years ago (and he'd be out of the NFL).

Did this really need its own thread, could't we have just added it to the thread about Giselle making the statement in the first place?

here

As far as Jacobs, well if Giselle can say what she wants then he can say what he wants.

As for as him "not even being good", that is debateable as he has been good when given the bulk of the carries, something that hasn't happened in a few years. If he was as bad as the OP suggests the Giants would have cut him years ago (and he'd be out of the NFL).

3.8 yards per carry isn't good. Really can't see how you can defend Jacobs hes mediocre talent at best.

Stats are awful?

4.5 career ypc despite getting a lot of goal line/short yardage carries. Career ypr is 9.1 and he catches well out of the backfield. 2 1000 yd seasons despite just barely breaking 200 carries in each. Averages 8 rushing TDs a season despite splitting work. That's some criteria for awful. I'd hate to think what you consider average.

And you think Ware is better? After watching him come in in 3rd & long situations and watching him whiff on blocks? Ware's ypc and ypr numbers aren't even in the same neighborhood. Hell, Bradshaw and Jacobs are roughly comparable - though very different - and Ware is far behind both.

Jacobs just wants to touch the ball more and has been frustrated that he doesn't, but he seems to have come to grips with it recently.

Stats are awful?

4.5 career ypc despite getting a lot of goal line/short yardage carries. Career ypr is 9.1 and he catches well out of the backfield. 2 1000 yd seasons despite just barely breaking 200 carries in each. Averages 8 rushing TDs a season despite splitting work. That's some criteria for awful. I'd hate to think what you consider average.

And you think Ware is better? After watching him come in in 3rd & long situations and watching him whiff on blocks? Ware's ypc and ypr numbers aren't even in the same neighborhood. Hell, Bradshaw and Jacobs are roughly comparable - though very different - and Ware is far behind both.

Jacobs just wants to touch the ball more and has been frustrated that he doesn't, but he seems to have come to grips with it recently.

Thanks for doing the leg work to find the stats.

Stats are awful?

Sorry career stats aren't the argument. His best years are LONG behind him. Because you had 2 decent season doesn't allow you to be the biggest smack talker currently. Ok so maybe a stretch saying ware is better he still had similar numbers given the low carries (3.5ypc). Jacobs longest run of the season is 28 yards ware 22.

2011 season

Jacobs 3.8 ypc

ware 3.5

Sorry not worlds apart

Edited by CrimsonGhost

Sorry career stats aren't the argument. His best years are LONG behind him. Because you had 2 decent season doesn't allow you to be the biggest smack talker currently. Ok so maybe a stretch saying ware is better he still had similar numbers given the low carries (3.5ypc). Jacobs longest run of the season is 28 yards ware 22.

Suggestion: "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."

Excpet for that fact that her "quote" was taken out of context when she was defending her husband from hecklers after an emotional loss, essentially provoked into it and not knowing she was going to be put on record.

Jacobs on the other hand, made his "shut up" statement in an unemotional public interview days after they won the Superbowl.... Yes, his quote might have been taken somewhat out of context too (every answer is in response to a question they tend not to include), but by saying this on the radio, he's inserting himself into contreversy that has nothing to do with him, and so I think it's very appropriate to tell him to just shut up instead and enjoy his win.

But like I said in the other thread, it's the hecklers and the media who are to blame for really not showing class, and fabricating a "gotcha" story.

Excpet for that fact that her "quote" was taken out of context when she was defending her husband from hecklers after an emotional loss, essentially provoked into it and not knowing she was going to be put on record.

Jacobs on the other hand, made his "shut up" statement in an unemotional public interview days after they won the Superbowl.... Yes, his quote might have been taken somewhat out of context too (every answer is in response to a question they tend not to include), but by saying this on the radio, he's inserting himself into contreversy that has nothing to do with him, and so I think it's very appropriate to tell him to just shut up instead and enjoy his win.

But like I said in the other thread, it's the hecklers and the media who are to blame for really not showing class, and fabricating a "gotcha" story.

To be honest, neither "story" is newsworthy, IMO.

Agree with that for the most part, except for bolded part as nothing was taken out of context, especially with video of her saying it. Yes she was responding to being heckled. But she should realize there's a good chance what she says is going to be reported.

Also let's not forget her request of Patriot fans before the SB that they prey to God for Brady to be healthy, play well and win the game.

Agreed neither are really news worthy, but then that goes for the majority of things covered by the media.

Agree with that for the most part, except for bolded part as nothing was taken out of context, especially with video of her saying it. Yes she was responding to being heckled. But she should realize there's a good chance what she says is going to be reported.

Also let's not forget her request of Patriot fans before the SB that they prey to God for Brady to be healthy, play well and win the game.

Agreed neither are really news worthy, but then that goes for the majority of things covered by the media.

It absolutely was taken out of context, when the OP here doesn't even mention the heckling and I've seen other headlines where she "blasted" the recievers.

You really think that when being heckled after a tough loss, she was really thinking out her choice of words like she would in an interview like Jacobs? No, she was put on the defensive, responded emotionally, and it was painted by large in the media as an unemotional indictment.

And I have no idea what her asking Patriot fans to "pray" for a victory had to do with this? Do I think it's worth praying to God about the outcome of a football game, no, but it's none of my business and irrelevant to her response to heckling. All that part is included for is to paint her as a loon, rather than a person who did what any normal person would do when heckled after a loss: get defensive.

But no, I'm not trying to defend someone who volluntarily put themselves in the public light, but more indicting the media for fabricating stories as usual to create faux-contrevery.

Who cares what Brandon Jacobs has to say, not like he did anything to earn the super bowl ring? 9 Carries for 37 yards...

He's been running his mouth all season, going back and forth with Rex. It's his way of staying relevant because he knows the media will blow anything up that he(or anyone for that matter) says.

Stats are awful?

So the O/U of when you can be a complete Megan Foxbag and call an opponents wife out in the media is, what, 4.5 ypc and 2 1000 yd seasons? Got it.

"She just needs to continue to stay cute and shut up," he told reporters Tuesday at MetLife Stadium, where the Giants were honored for beating the Patriots 21-17 in Super Bowl XLVI

Maybe those New York fans show a little class and not start attacking her verbally... But they were like Jacobs... Classless trash. I did love the whole thing about how the Giants decapitated the Patriots. I wonder what he'll say when NYG decapitates Jacobs from the roster.

Suggestion: "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."

Jacobs is just a guy. He's not great. He's proven that he's not an every down back, or anything remotely special, outside of throwing his helmet into the stands, or getting a 15 penalty after the play. He's not the player he was when he scored 15 TDs. That guy broke tackles and ran angry. This guy tip toes and Rosie O'Donnellfoots around with the ball.

Maybe those New York fans show a little class and not start attacking her verbally... But they were like Jacobs... Classless trash. I did love the whole thing about how the Giants decapitated the Patriots. I wonder what he'll say when NYG decapitates Jacobs from the roster.

:wacko:

"Eli owns your husband" is attacking her? Good Lord you guys are soft. :tup:

Yes, because that's all they said. We're talking about drunken giants fans here.

And it has nothing to do with being soft, it has to do with leaving the families out of it.

Or, at least, if your fans are going to heckle Brady's wife, don't be surprised if she snaps back.

Seems simple enough.

Yes, because that's all they said. We're talking about drunken giants fans here.

And it has nothing to do with being soft, it has to do with leaving the families out of it.

What else did they say? How drunk were they? Please enlighten me. TIA.

Stats are awful?

Not awful but average sums it up. He is basically BGE with fumbling problems. Come to think of it, I could see the Giants going after BGE as a better compliment RB.