[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is Unforgivin so good

nuke'em ttg

Awesome movie. Its not The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but the violence/dialogue mix kept my interest throughout. The thought that our past life can come back and draw us back in after living on the straight and narrow is a great theme. Blurring of the good guy/bad guy characters (Eastwood/Hackman) is interesting. And what is really eerie is the "Kid" in this movie looks/sounds/acts almost identical to "Jamie" in The Outlaw Josie Wales made about 15 years earlier. :shocking:

Edited by General Itals

I'd say it doesn't have the entertainment value to watch over and over, but I remember being blown away the first time I saw it. There are a lot of subtle and powerful messages in there, and there was a good deal of suspense that is lost on repeated viewings.

what is really eerie is the "Kid" in this movie looks/sounds/acts almost identical to "Jamie" in The Outlaw Josie Wales made about 15 years earlier. :shocking:

Interesting, never thought of that. Liked that character in Wales too.

This flick is notable in various ways but can't hold a candle to Wales, which IMO was "epic." Probably best western ever IMO.

Eastwood, Hackman, Freeman..... One of my all time favorites! One of my favorite scenes, toward the end. The girl comes riding out and tells Eastwood that they got a sign on him. "They got a sign on him!" Takes the whiskey bottle from the kid and starts drinking. You know there's trouble coming!

Interesting, never thought of that. Liked that character in Wales too.

This flick is notable in various ways but can't hold a candle to Wales, which IMO was "epic." Probably best western ever IMO.

well now i hate it :sad: