[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO to Seattle (?)

bostonsoxandy

I see what you did there. Off to work now, but i'll check in later to see more.

I don't and won't bother to read the "fixed" post to see. I wish people would highlight (use bold, underline) when they "fix" other people's post.

Either way, your enlightened post was hilarious. I love how people are defending this as some great move (or one with little risk). And how as soon as he acts up he'll be cut. As if he couldn't have a negative impact before then, or without acting up enough.

And I admit that I dislike TO and am probably giving him zero chance to succeed or have a positive impact on any team. But that is not just because I don't like him, its his inability to get an NFL team to look at him last year, and then flopping out of the AFL.

I don't and won't bother to read the "fixed" post to see. I wish people would highlight (use bold, underline) when they "fix" other people's post.

Either way, your enlightened post was hilarious. I love how people are defending this as some great move (or one with little risk). And how as soon as he acts up he'll be cut. As if he couldn't have a negative impact before then, or without acting up enough.

And I admit that I dislike TO and am probably giving him zero chance to succeed or have a positive impact on any team. But that is not just because I don't like him, its his inability to get an NFL team to look at him last year, and then flopping out of the AFL.

I'm actually curious as who is saying it's so great or has so little risk.

But I think the prevailing opinion among those who are on the other side of the argument is, "What the hell? Maybe Seattle isn't as fired up about their 'talented group of young WRs' as some around here."

I don't think anyone is saying there is no risk involved. Rather, that if you look at their roster of WRs, you don't exactly think you're going to need to be running a dime package all game long. That, given the fact that they're simply not very good at that position, he may likely be worth the risk.

Oh, and I did bold what I changed. Problem is, it was in a section of the post where everything is bolded.

Such a drama queen. :rolleyes:

If this isn't the place for you and det to argue than I'm very confused what the frack you two have been doing for the past few years.

Hey, whatever makes you feel good about youself. You want to come at me directly with your name calling, that's fine. I'm a big boy and can take it.

Det can do it all he wants to if it strokes his ego too. But if he wants to come at me sideways and use it to insult a guy whose intellect quite frankly dwarfs his - that's chicken#### and I'm going to call him on it.

If you've got a problem with that, I couldn't really care less.

I'm actually curious as who is saying it's so great or has so little risk.

I made the statement that Seattle may need luck to start the season 3-5; and since they are, at best, a borderline playoff team; there really isn't much risk of TO ruining the season or the Pete Carroll era. For a "very high risk" scenario there actually has to be something definitive and substantial to lose. All I've read in this thread is the same baseless and nebulous speculation (ie..media will ask questions and young WRs won't develop, therefore TO's one year contract, by itself, will apparently set the organization back 20 years) repeated multiple times.

ETA: :pop:

Edited by bushwacked

Done with this nonsense here. It's neither the time nor the place. I'd guess my position is pretty clear. Maybe when I get to NC on business we can meet, I'll buy the first round, and we can continue this discussion face to face rather than through the anonimity of the internet.

Fancy business man travels throughout the country for business meetings! Cool bro! Fancy businessman also doubles as tough fighter for internet justice at night! Amazing, a real life Batman! Demands on having all conversations face-to-face even though they all start on an online forum in the first place, then calls other people pussies when they don't immediately agree to drop everything and face the fancy-businessman-toughguy-fighter face to face.

:rofl:

• Like 2

Done with this nonsense here. It's neither the time nor the place. I'd guess my position is pretty clear. Maybe when I get to NC on business we can meet, I'll buy the first round, and we can continue this discussion face to face rather than through the anonimity of the internet.

These are the same steps to advance one's e-harmony relationship to a real one-on-one encounter. I guess we'll see you two at the DNC in Sept. Can't wait!

Yeah, that thing about the AFL just made me so mad....uhm really? You really feel his stint with the AFL is even worth bringing up? Did he not sign your AFL trading card or something?

• Like 1

Fancy business man travels throughout the country for business meetings! Cool bro! Fancy businessman also doubles as tough fighter for internet justice at night! Amazing, a real life Batman! Demands on having all conversations face-to-face even though they all start on an online forum in the first place, then calls other people pussies when they don't immediately agree to drop everything and face the fancy-businessman-toughguy-fighter face to face.

:rofl: Oh, I better quote him directly if I say anything or else it's "coming at him sideways". It's sad when internet trolls take themselves this seriously. Like the occasional sound fantasy advice offsets the d-bagism that Pigeon Billy provides by trolling a FF Forum constantly. Seriously laughable stuff.

Hey PB, don't get mad. I'm just trying to unravel alternate possibilities and sometimes that is done through enforcement. :mouth:

• Like 1

I have to apologize. I just could not resist playing around. I absolutely intended Detlef to compare my post to a BB original and then to go off. I did not realize how easy it would be, nor how successful. I intended he compare me to BB and then to go off on BB and it worked perfectly.

No harm intended Detlef. I enjoy you very much. I just could not resist the temptation of poking at you just a bit. No hard feelings I hope.

BTW, the correct rebuttal to my stuff might have been to ignore T.O.'s effect on established Q.B.'s and to have examined his impact on the most recent developmental Q.B. he played with, Fitz up in Buffalo.

I have to apologize. I just could not resist playing around. I absolutely intended Detlef to compare my post to a BB original and then to go off. I did not realize how easy it would be, nor how successful. I intended he compare me to BB and then to go off on BB and it worked perfectly.

No harm intended Detlef. I enjoy you very much. I just could not resist the temptation of poking at you just a bit. No hard feelings I hope.

BTW, the correct rebuttal to my stuff might have been to ignore T.O.'s effect on established Q.B.'s and to have examined his impact on the most recent developmental Q.B. he played with, Fitz up in Buffalo.

In other words, by agreeing with and echoing BB's arguments, you were really just going on a fishing trip? This entire time? Fair enough. Though as far as "going off", your arrow may have missed the mark a bit as I wasn't the one who went tilt, called someone a p$$$y, and essentially said, "If you've got something to say, say it to my face."

And, thanks, btw, for the tips on how I may have better argued against you. However, Garcia was not an established QB. He may have been 30, but he was anything but established.

ETA: Oh jeez, I just talked about BB in a thread written to someone else. Would someone tell him I'm sorry?

Edited by detlef

In other words, by agreeing with and echoing BB's arguments, you were really just going on a fishing trip? This entire time? Fair enough. Though as far as "going off", your arrow may have missed the mark a bit as I wasn't the one who went tilt, called someone a p$$$y, and essentially said, "If you've got something to say, say it to my face."

And, thanks, btw, for the tips on how I may have better argued against you. However, Garcia was not an established QB. He may have been 30, but he was anything but established.

ETA: Oh jeez, I just talked about BB in a thread written to someone else. Would someone tell him I'm sorry?

Now you are trying to "do" BB. Nice, but I prefer the original.

I like you Detlef, you'd argue with a possum. I particularly like when you start by being the devil's advocate, convincing yourself of a position you don't really believe, and then getting fired up at others who take your actual position.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

How many years have you been in 3rd grade? Of course given who it is, it was stupid to expect you to step back and instead attempt to escalate the situation with your internet tough guy act.

;bye:

Now you are trying to "do" BB. Nice, but I prefer the original.

I like you Detlef, you'd argue with a possum. I particularly like when you start by being the devil's advocate, convincing yourself of a position you don't really believe, and then getting fired up at others who take your actual position.

No, seriously. Perhaps I misread your last post, but it sounded like you were admitting to throwing out a silly argument just to get a rise out of me. Is that not the case? Edited by detlef

I stated I intentionally went for a style of expression, an homage as it were. It was more than predicatable it would get a rise out of you, it was a certainty. I did not state my position was silly, that interpretation is your own.

I suppose I made that leap because you referenced me "going off" and then offered what, in your opnion, would have been better ways to refute your other arguments.

Considering 1) That I merely changed your name to his in response to your homage, and 2) Absolutely "took the bait" in response to your other arguments, it's hard not to think that you were primarily referencing my more detailed responses, like the one that sent dear Billy over the edge.

That is, unless you're truly of the opnion that typing "fixed for accuracy" and changing nothing but the name of the poster, amounts to "going off".

You misunderstand BB. His was not an intimation that a face to face meeting would be a confrontation or lead to a beat down. He was stating he would buy the first beer, the first of several, and that meeting face to face would bring friendship and a meeting of the minds.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

I suppose I made that leap because you referenced me "going off" and then offered what, in your opnion, would have been better ways to refute your other arguments.

Considering 1) That I merely changed your name to his in response to your homage, and 2) Absolutely "took the bait" in response to your other arguments, it's hard not to think that you were primarily referencing my more detailed responses, like the one that sent dear Billy over the edge.

That is, unless you're truly of the opnion that typing "fixed for accuracy" and changing nothing but the name of the poster, amounts to "going off".

Did I say going off on me? No, by going off I meant getting involved in one of those wonderful and excitable arguments you have with BB. You know you don't have to participate in those, or perhaps you do.

Anyhow, keep arguing.

You misunderstand BB. His was not an intimation that a face to face meeting would be a confrontation or lead to a beat down. He was stating he would bye the first beer, the first of several, and that meeting face to face would bring friendship and a meeting of the minds.

I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. Guys like andy are pretty clueless but enjoy amusing themselves.

He's not as bad as square and bushwacked, who sit on the periphery and wait for someone else to climb in and then enthusiastically join in with what is essentially, "yeah, what he said" but never an original thought of their own.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Did I say going off on me? No, by going off I meant getting involved in one of those wonderful and excitable arguments you have with BB. You know you don't have to participate in those, or perhaps you do.

Anyhow, keep arguing.

Then you give yourself far too much credit since BB and I were already at it before you allegedly baited me into it.

Regardless, and my apologies to everyone else for such a massive derailment of the thread (which had devolved to a point where nobody was buying what anyone else was selling, so whatever). But quit the act. Save me the "you'd argue with a possum" and "I just love to watch you guys get into your silly pissing matches" bit, because you do the same damned thing.

It is not news to me that I get into it here with plenty about any number of things. Guilty as charged. However, there's a handful of people who have absolutely no business calling me on that and you, my friend, are certainly one of them.

Oh, and btw, I actually enjoy your company as well. Of course, that's primarily because you can be as big an ass as I can be around here.

I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. Guys like andy are pretty clueless but enjoy amusing themselves

I'll still stand by my original post being 95% correct. I can still quote you on saying the final things in this thread, which should be about TO, but somehow like always BB highjacks the thread into whatever the hell he wants to do with it:

"No, you were talking about me and you chose to do it it a slimy backhanded way in as a slam against someone else - who I might add you are in way over your head with" to detlef

"That's what makes you a p###y." to detlef

"Maybe when I get to NC on business we can meet, I'll buy the first round, and we can continue this discussion face to face rather than through the anonimity of the internet." to detlef, the person you just called a MARSHMELLOW

"Det can do it all he wants to if it strokes his ego too. But if he wants to come at me sideways and use it to insult a guy whose intellect quite frankly dwarfs his - that's chicken#### and I'm going to call him on it." - to detlef, so modest as well

"How many years have you been in 3rd grade? Of course given who it is, it was stupid to expect you to step back and instead attempt to escalate the situation with your internet tough guy act." - to detlef, AGAIN

Guys like andy are pretty clueless but enjoy amusing themselves.

He's not as bad as square and bushwacked, who sit on the periphery and wait for someone else to climb in and then enthusiastically join in with what is essentially, "yeah, what he said" but never an original thought of their own.

Now here is how I how I would respond, if I acted as immaturely as Billy Bronco:

Hey you were just talking about me in a backhanded slimy way! And you didn't quote me direct me!?!? I give you the rage of one thousand lions! I AM THE LIONS, I AM THE DANGER! YOU DONT TALK ABOUT ME WITHOUT QUOTING ME DIRECTLY. I'll come to your house cause I'm a rich businessman and I'll buy you things to show you how much better I am, even though that will never ever happen because no one would ever agree to meet up with someone so rude and repulsive, oh and hypocritical. :rofl:Please GTFO of my thread BB. Maybe start your own if you want to yell at detlef.