[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Wilson is irrelevant

Double Agent

Maybe. But he can't pass protect and he has been surpassed on the depth chart. I don't have enough roster space to stare at a 3rd string RB every week.

I hear ya. Fantasy season is too short to wait around too long for a player to develop. That said, the Giants took Wilson in the first round even though they had both Brown and Scott behind Bradshaw. That tells me they like Wilson's skillset and/or are not that enamored with the other backs. Brown is a journeyman in his second stint with NYG and just dwarfed his career stats in one night IIRC. As for Scott, "Giants general manager Jerry Reese said, "We took a flyer on the guy because he is big and fast... We hope this guy develops into a Willie Parker, one of those kinds of things." ". I am not reading too much into either of those guys getting more playing time than Wilson a few games in...

Back to Wilson, I think Coughlin is being tough on him in an attempt to get him to focus and they're going to find ways to get him the ball.

• Like 1

Look guys, Wilson is 21 years old, a rookie who's a.) not good with ball security and b,) not good with pass protection. However, he's also c.) a first round draft pick that the coaching staff seems to like a lot. Andre Brown has been a fringe roster player for years now, and he's clearly pretty hungry and doing all the right things.

Wilson is a dynasty prospect, if you were hoping he'd make a splash in his rookie year with the Giants that's not looking likely now. It's Coughlin though, so you know he's not just plugging the guy into the lineup this year because of the hype or his big play capability. Give him some time

• 2 months later...

Look guys, Wilson is 21 years old, a rookie who's a.) not good with ball security and b,) not good with pass protection. However, he's also c.) a first round draft pick that the coaching staff seems to like a lot. Andre Brown has been a fringe roster player for years now, and he's clearly pretty hungry and doing all the right things.

Wilson is a dynasty prospect, if you were hoping he'd make a splash in his rookie year with the Giants that's not looking likely now. It's Coughlin though, so you know he's not just plugging the guy into the lineup this year because of the hype or his big play capability. Give him some time

Looks like all he needed was 14 weeks before he made his big SPLASH.

In one of my leagues I am starting 3 rookie running backs in week 15(Morris,Richardson and Wilson)......and leading the freakin overall points by a hundred....have truly ventured into uncharted waters this year, has made it a very fun year....

Looks like all he needed was 14 weeks before he made his big SPLASH.

Yeah kind of like Mark Ingram who I drafted and cut after he wasn't doing anything for the first 6-8 weeks. Both got a late start and some more opportunity later in the season when other RBs were banged up.

In one of my leagues I am starting 3 rookie running backs in week 15(Morris,Richardson and Wilson)......and leading the freakin overall points by a hundred....have truly ventured into uncharted waters this year, has made it a very fun year....

Richardson has been (and was expected by many to be) a stud most of the season. Morris was a surprise to many, I'm sure lots of owners are kicking themselves for not drafting him. I really wish I had him on my RB starved keeper team, but didn't expect him to be that good and had to draft more conservatively to make sure I had some decent RB depth.

• 8 months later...

Thought we might want to bring this one back for 2013!!!! :rofl:

Well done :tup:

And I still think its too early to write him off but he certainly needs to improve his ball control and pass protection. If Coughlin is not completely out of patience with him, he's close.

Edited by Delicious_bass