[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would YOU trade Aaron Rodgers?

Djgb13

So you got Aaron Rodgers for your first pick. First couple of games he didnt do so good. Past games we see him returning to his old form. Would you decide to trade him for a good rb like foster or rice and pick up another qb or two such as dalton, flaco, p manning,ect. Or do you keep him and only switch him out when he goes on a bye? He will have a tough match up this week against the Texans and weve seen what he did against the other top defenses. Or will you bench him in favor of someone else.

Edited by Djgb13

Pains me to say it....shopping him for a RB and will probably bench in favor of Big Ben this week.

You must be in a lot of pain, cuz you're obviously not thinking clearly. Big Ben will throw for 125 yards and a score in the first half and will be lucky to put up another 75 in the 2nd before they just churn the ball on the ground against the crappyass Titans.

Sure, Rodgers faces a tough Houston team, but at least you're almost guaranteed he's gonna throw the ball 30 times.

Sorry, I'm always starting my studs.

As to the OP, I'm not sure. I don't own Rodgers but if you can get excellent value for him and want to rely on musical chairs at QB, I suppose it's not a horrible idea.

After two weeks a friend of mine traded rodgers for rice and has been switching between eli and flacco. His adjustments have been paying off though cause he has been getting 20+ points every week from it on hos qb. Im considering it but not entirely sold on it yet

I'd be for it if you get equivalent value back and you have enough depth at QB. In a 12 team or more league, it's going to be awfully dicey at QB, even if you were to get a Ray Rice type for him. At this point, I'm not sure you'd get eqivalent value for him anyway, so you're best to sit tight, wait for Jennings to get healthy, and for that Packer offense to start clicking.

I wonder the same thing. I am looking at a trade involving multiple players but I would get Ryan also. I won't discuss it here in your thread, but it does make me wonder, as I do feel find of nuts trading Rodgers already. But seeing how many times he was sacked vs. IND, you have to wonder what's coming against Houston and other Ds.

His o line isn't that great this year. Defenses are already realizing that so they will blitz more. That's why I'm wondering whether people think it would be smart to trade him for a big rb and then alternate qbs according to the matchups

I've been trying to trade Rodgers this week. I'm not finding many takers. Perhaps I'm asking for too much in return? All I want is a top 5 RB. However, those who have the decent RB's in my league already have a great QB as well and don't need Rodgers.

But yes, I would trade Rodgers if you get good returns for him and have a great backup QB. You're not the only one.

Would you decide to trade him for a good rb like foster or rice a top two RB and pick up p manning, the #3 FF QB.

How is this not a no brainer? Don't trust Manning to keep up the pace?

Even assuming Rodgers regains top QB stature, Manning is killing it. Move from #1 QB to #4 QB (if Rodgers surpassed current top 3). Then you're basically upgrading your RB2 to be Foster or Rice. Assuming you have the average RB2, you're going from the #18 RB to the #1 or #2 RB. I don't see how there's a question.

And that's assuming Rodgers becomes #1 going forward. Manning also has a great schedule, including a very soft week 14-16 schedule.

If Manning is available, you do this IMO.