[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commisoner in need of help ASAP!

heisenberg1988

Hey guys this is my first year running a league with a few friends. 10 man league but of course there is a team from each division that has been inactive all season. I have 2 new owners to replace them lined up but am worried that it is too late in the season to add them. I let the league vote on it and the choice to add the owners was the most popular. Should I do it? It would make for a more active and competitive team, but it does hurt the conisitency and 'fairness' for the remainder of the season

One team has not logged in at all this season the other maybe once. neither have set their lineups week to week which leaves holes in their lineup from byes, injuries, and busts. They are almost guaranteed wins every week

Change out the owners immediately. Not setting lineups and starting injured or bye week players is all the excuse you need. In fact, you owe it to the league to do it, even though that means some teams will have gotten an advanatge by playing those teams already. Shocked that you've waited this long.

Agree with the others.

I'm guessing it is a free/fun league, otherwise I cannot understand people putting up money and then not managing their teams.

If it isn't a free league, either no refund or a partial refund. Whether you charge the new owners or not will be difficult. They are taking over these poorly managed teams which are probably already behind everybody and may be racked by injuries or problems.

Oh, and give those two inactive owners a :wedgie: and a :whack::nutkick::slap:

Have you reached out to the two owners and figured out why they wouldn't actively participate, or at least do something. I don't get the mentality of committing to playing in a league and then doing absolutely nothing.

If you haven't, I'd reach out first, give them a set period of time to respond, and let them know that if they don't, that you will replace them with two new owners. if they paid any money, they don't get that back.

It drives me nuts when people do not do what they say they are going to do!!! :slap::nutkick::whack:

Edited by Big Dogs

Hey guys this is my first year running a league with a few friends. 10 man league but of course there is a team from each division that has been inactive all season. I have 2 new owners to replace them lined up but am worried that it is too late in the season to add them. I let the league vote on it and the choice to add the owners was the most popular. Should I do it? It would make for a more active and competitive team, but it does hurt the conisitency and 'fairness' for the remainder of the season

Why would you say this? I've never played in a league with any inactive owners but you're basically saying that it happens all the time and is expected.

As others have said, transfer control of the teams immediately. Since you conducted a league vote, you already turned over discretion in this regard to the league. The majority has voted.

If anyone complains that the teams that played the inactives early had an unfair advantage, you can counter that had there been no change in control, the teams playing them at the end would have had an unfair advantage. In theory, playing an inactive team with a preseason lineup holds an increasing advantage the later you play them.

Having inactive players always sucks and creates an imbalance regardless how you address it. You rightly left it to the league to pick their poison.

As others have said, transfer control of the teams immediately. Since you conducted a league vote, you already turned over discretion in this regard to the league. The majority has voted.

If anyone complains that the teams that played the inactives early had an unfair advantage, you can counter that had there been no change in control, the teams playing them at the end would have had an unfair advantage. In theory, playing an inactive team with a preseason lineup holds an increasing advantage the later you play them.

Having inactive players always sucks and creates an imbalance regardless how you address it. You rightly left it to the league to pick their poison.

I basically agree, but as a couple others pointed something should have been done long before this point (half way through most fantasy seasons), like after 2 weeks with no activity contact them, give them a week or two to get active, or replace them (which is usually not easy, may require the commish or league as a whole to manage those teams).

It is a free league, and it's the first time for a lot of us! I should have done it much earlier I know. I gave them an ultimatum last week and they did not do anything. I decided to add the two new owners, have a few upset owners but I guess you can't please everybody. First year bumps in the road lol