[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What happens if kc/car is cancelled?

Joebirds55

Well espn and every other source apparently thinks its a possibility.

I haven't seen that either, but ESPN isn't going to let a death stop them from trying to stir up contreversy... What I saw from PFT is that the game could potentially be moved to Monday or Tuesday night, which would make it workable for fantasy leagues.

I don't think they postpone it any later than that, but if they do, then there will be nothing you can do about it with the playoffs next week. You would not be able to retroactively put in scores, because it will completely change the playoff picture after it's already started. You would have to just treat the players as out, just like normal injuries and scratches.

(ETA: oh, and no possible way they'd cancel it. They'd postpone it if anything. They're not about to just say, "well, guess you only have to play 15 games")

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I'm an ass because I don't think the NFL will cancel this game. Gotcha.

I called you an ass because you typed "Why would they cancel it?"....thats much different than thinking the NFL wouldn't cancel it.

Sad you can't see the difference. Sadder yet that you can't seem to comprehend why they would at least consider cancelling it.

It was in MLB, not NFL but I'm pretty sure that the games were postponed when Adenhart, Darryl Kile, and Josh Hancock died. Making up an NFL game would be harder though and I think the games were basically on the same day that the players died which is not the case this time around.

I called you an ass because you typed "Why would they cancel it?"....thats much different than thinking the NFL wouldn't cancel it.

Sad you can't see the difference. Sadder yet that you can't seem to comprehend why they would at least consider cancelling it.

You're reading way too much into my post. It was intended to be a slap at the NFL. But carry on.

The guys a murderer leaving his child parent less. I don't think the game should be cancelled on account of his suicide being a tragedy. The tragedy is his child not having a mother anymore.

That being said, if crennel was out there when it went down I imagine he won't be in the frame of mind to coach.

It is very sad situation of what the NFL player did. Shocking to hear and read about how it transspired.

However, the intent of this post was to answer what happens if the situation affects Fantasy. This was not a post about being insensitive or an ass.

There are other post to express your opinion on the tragic situation, but to trade smart remarks does not provide answers or options to a very possible senario.

Per profootballtalk.com:

Chiefs will play Panthers at regularly scheduled time

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 1, 2012, 3:57 PM EST

There will be no time to mourn in Kansas City before the next game.

The Chiefs just announced that tomorrow’s game will go on as scheduled, a day after linebacker Jovan Belcher committed suicide outside the team facility after killing his girlfriend.

“After discussions between the league office, Head Coach Romeo Crennel and Chiefs team captains, the Chiefs advised the NFL that it will play tomorrow’s game vs. the Carolina Panthers at its originally scheduled time,” the release read.

Per profootballtalk.com:

Chiefs will play Panthers at regularly scheduled time

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 1, 2012, 3:57 PM EST

There will be no time to mourn in Kansas City before the next game.

The Chiefs just announced that tomorrow’s game will go on as scheduled, a day after linebacker Jovan Belcher committed suicide outside the team facility after killing his girlfriend.

“After discussions between the league office, Head Coach Romeo Crennel and Chiefs team captains, the Chiefs advised the NFL that it will play tomorrow’s game vs. the Carolina Panthers at its originally scheduled time,” the release read.

If the players truly want to play, and were given the opportunity to talk about it and vote on it, they should be allowed to play I guess.

There was never really a chance that the game would be cancelled (not played), possibly postponed. Just because some talking heads are discussing the possibility, doesn't mean that the NFL was ever considering it. That is what these people do, discuss and cover every angle of the situation ad nauseum.

I'd be curious to hear what options the NFL gave the Chiefs, since apparently they had input on whether the game would be played. Postponing to Mon/Tue was probably the only option they gave (or forefeit).