[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamaal Charles

zekez

Anyone reconsidering starting him after the horrific events in KC yesterday? I am not trying to be crass, my heart feels for him (his wife was related to the murder victim). I know these real life events are much more important that this fantasy game, but it's what we got. I am thinking of either starting Broyles or Alexander at flex over Charles but haven't decided yet.

Prayers for those effected by this tragedy.

Who knows how this all plays out since it is unprecendented. I have Charles on one of my teams and wondered about it too but I am going to play him anyway since I have no other option that is anywhere near as good. Bowe is pretty much unstartable anyway so only Charles has fantasy value IMO. I'd still play him. But there is just no way to know the implications of what happened yesterday.

I have no choice but to roll with Charles. I know this is different, but remember what Torrey Smith did earlier this year after the tragic death of his brother.

I too have a feeling that this is more apt to cause a serious decrease in Charles production today. What an incredibly horrible sequence of events. :sad:

I've been wrestling with who to start all week and yesterday's events just complicated things...after much fence-sitting, I finally just pulled him from my starting lineup in lieu of D. Martin and B. Brown, but who knows, I may flip-flop 25 more times before kickoff time...

He (and Chiefs) are either going to rise-up to the occassion and play their hearts out (plus Carolina isn't the most feared opponent this year), or they're going to come out flat and roll over...who knows how this is going to play out...terrible situation overall and I wish only the best for those affected, particularly the family of the girl and the young daughter...

The only league I have Charles in, is a league where I thought I had very solid playoff chances. However, after reading the rules and learning that a 5-8 team will be getting in over my 8-5 team because of conference rules, I'm paying him and really have nothing much to care or hope for there.

However, I would be playing him any way even if I did have a shot.

I could see them playing harder if he died accidentally or was killed by someone. But their team mate is a murderer of the mother of his child and then killed himself. While perhaps he had mental issues that would explain why he would do something so horrific and then cowardly, the bottom line is you cannot exactly dedicate your game to a murderer. The guy flipped out apparently. Nothing inspiring there.

I could see them playing harder if he died accidentally or was killed by someone. But their team mate is a murderer of the mother of his child and then killed himself. While perhaps he had mental issues that would explain why he would do something so horrific and then cowardly, the bottom line is you cannot exactly dedicate your game to a murderer. The guy flipped out apparently. Nothing inspiring there.

Thanks, DMD...I guess at the end of the day, this is why I have decided to bench JC this week even though under normal circumstances he would have a very nice match-up, today...

I think it might be inspiring only in the sense that they are playing for each other, for their coaches (one of which witnessed this horrible event), and the fans. All odds are against them to begin with, and now this... I can't really imagine a more dire situation for a team to have to deal with. So, yeah, I think the only "inspiration" is to pick each other up by giving their all. Not saying that they'll play well (since they really haven't all year, except for a game or two), but that's the only rationale I can come up with on why they may play inspired football.

Of course, so much of this is speculation on our part. We have no idea how these guys now look at their former teammate. They obviously knew him far better than any of us possibly could have, and I really can't imagine what is going through their minds today.

I've had the same questions of how this will affect Charles' performance this week. I hadn't heard about the relationship of the murder victim and Charles' wife until now, which adds another element.

I'm torn between keeping him in the lineup and starting Leshoure or Dwyer in his place. May end up doing a 12:55 coin flip.

I've been wrestling with who to start all week and yesterday's events just complicated things...after much fence-sitting, I finally just pulled him from my starting lineup in lieu of D. Martin and B. Brown, but who knows, I may flip-flop 25 more times before kickoff time...

He (and Chiefs) are either going to rise-up to the occassion and play their hearts out (plus Carolina isn't the most feared opponent this year), or they're going to come out flat and roll over...who knows how this is going to play out...terrible situation overall and I wish only the best for those affected, particularly the family of the girl and the young daughter...

Martin and Brown and very strong options anyhow. Sitting JC and playing those guys is a legit move even without this stormcloud. I would have been plopping in the likes of Vick Ballard or Bilal Powell, which means I pretty much have to roll the dice on JC.