[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency in Playoffs

Patriots

In my local we allow owners a maximum of two FCFS waiver acquisitions to replace players that go on IR during our playoffs. The acquisitions go through the commissioner for approval and processing.

In Full Impact IDP we allow waivers to run for the entire playoffs...but because it is a dynasty all teams can make player acquisitions...one thing that I did different when I formed this league was to create a two pronged waiver system....1st is blind bid waivers...they run weekly on Wednesdays...then there is FCFS but there is a twist...because it is a dynasty league any FCFS can only be assigned a 1yr deal and they MUST be started that week...also the cost is $5 in league cash...the idea was that due to injuries and players not being declared OUT before waivers run that I wanted to give teams another option but there had to be consequences for using FCFS which is why the steep $5 cost and 1yr deal...also FCFS players are not eligible to be franchised.

How is that so different from a team that does that in week 10-13, or earlier in the season. If awarding top waiver priority to bad teams is your issue then address that, with blind bids, or not resetting the waiver order each week.

so the guy that drafted and did nothing else with his team loses Mccoy in wk 14. He never backed him up and the team that snuck in at 6-7 has 100 bid pts left cuz he also didnt do anything to improve his team and bids 100 on Brown leading up to week 15...get it?

I play in 4 leagues and only one of them locks rosters for the playoffs. As a very active manager who is constantly working to improve my team, I find this to be aggravating as hell. I have felt overwhelmed at times this season with too many teams and I am thinking really hard about dropping one. Even though this is the biggest pot, and I've won it twice in the last 4 years, I am thinking that this is the league to quit based solely on how annoying it is that the rules of the league change for the playoffs.

Personally, I have never seen a league won on draft day. It is always the players off the wire who carry a team to a title.

so the guy that drafted and did nothing else with his team loses Mccoy in wk 14. He never backed him up and the team that snuck in at 6-7 has 100 bid pts left cuz he also didnt do anything to improve his team and bids 100 on Brown leading up to week 15...get it?

Wouldn't the guy who did nothing else and lost McCoy also have $100 to bid?

Seriously? Is the $$ that small? Are you turning over the $$ to charity if you win?

I think that winning a league is a big part of fantasy football. There are easier and faster ways of winning money.

People could mow neighbors lawns instead of playing fantasy football and "win" each and every year if that was the only reason to play.

In our leage we allow either 1 waiver or 1 free agent pickup during playoff weeks (not one each week).

Then those teams that advance to the Super Bowl are allowed the same.

Our rosters allow for suitable backups on how the owner sees fit, but we had installed many years ago. I think it was due to one of the early years in our leage that we had a string of many injuries during playoffs.

So in order to be fair across the board, we installed this rule. It has been nothing but great ever since. A few have used that option over the past years. Most for a key matchup, others for IR players that could be possible keepers for next season.

Seriously? Is the $$ that small? Are you turning over the $$ to charity if you win?

it sounds like you just want to win, and think the rules lower your chances of winning (this year) and so you don't like them. But next year if your luck changes, then you'll want rules that help you in that case.

Rules in fantasy football should be looked at for the good of the whole league, not what helps your paritcular team in one season.

Its $1.200 to the winner.

I think that winning a league is a big part of fantasy football. There are easier and faster ways of winning money.

People could mow neighbors lawns instead of playing fantasy football and "win" each and every year if that was the only reason to play.

Money comes and goes but a championship lasts forever. Its a great league. 12 if us from highschool have been doing it since 2001.

This was a great thread. Lots of good debates. Thanks for the insight.

:shrug: Really?

But what if you are the kind of owner that picks up different players to exploit matchups each week? Sure, your core might be generally the same, but forcing owners to stick with a roster for the final/playoff weeks is pretty silly if you ask me.

Also, what happens if a team's QB gets hurt and the team was locked with no backup? Are you saying he's just crap outta luck? Dumb.

Teams that are not in the playoffs should obviously be locked out from picking up players (unless there's some kind of "Toilet Bowl"). Otherwise, let the game continue the same way it started.

+1