[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2QB league - 2 keepers

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be my second keeper?

I'm in a 2QB league with standard scoring, and we have two keepers (first year for keepers).

Here's my options (with the draft pick I'll lose if I keep that player in brackets).

Megatron (1st)

Julio (4th)

TRich (5th)

Peyton (6th)

RGIII (8th)

Russel Wilson (waiver - last pick).

I have the 2nd last pick (out of 8) in the first round this year due to coming in second last year. Not sure there'll be much left for me to pick from in regards to elite talent.

I'm keeping TRich for sure.. just not sure of the other.. leaning towards Wilson right now given the value (last pick).

What do you think?

Calvin and Manning

I'm not sure why Trent is your 1st option. For me it would be CJ and who else as the question.

In an 8 team league I would say skip the QBs entirely but since you start 2, I would lean towards keeping at least one. Otherwise keep CJ and Julio and take RBs early from what is left which should be decent in an 8 team league.

Edited by Zooty

TRich is my first option because he's going to carry the browns offense again. He's a beast, and projected as a top 10 RB in most mocks this year, and I have him for a 5th rounder.

During last season my other keeper was RGIII 100%. But now with his health concerns I'm not so sure.

I do agree though that Megatron may be my best option. With the second last pick in first round, I wont get his talent. And with QB so deep (even though I need two) i may be better off.

Yea I was thinking about Julio lately too. I only had him for part of the year last year, because I traded for him at our trade deadline. I still don't like the fact he has to share catches with Roddy and Gonzalez, and now Steven Jackson. But they do throw a lot.. and maybe this is the year Roddy falls off a bit

Richardson is a no-brainer. We need more info, specifically your mock/projections of who will be there at #7 and who will be there in the early 4th. Starting with Julio:

1 Stud QB

4 Julio

5 Richardson

Putting Calvin in the first opens your 4th for a QB, but who's going to project there? Brady? Yuck. This is your key. If QB's run hard, I think you keep Julio. If you can get a solid QB in the 4th, keep Calvin. Julio/Brees vs. Calvin/???. That's your debate. In a 2 QB league you need to understand draft history and trends to make the decision.

I've played in many 8-man leagues and the thing I find is that there are ALWAYS plenty of talent available every round in RB and WR. However, in a 2 QB league good scoring QBs will be hard, so I think I would lean at keeping 2 QB and going draft for the rest. I'd go Peyton and Wilson.

However, that said, I've never played in a keeper league and I may be talking out my butt, but I can't see it as that different.

Edit: I imagine seeing what other people are keeping and throwing away would play into your decision, so you might want a plan A and B.

Edited by Anthrax1

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, i'm leaning towards Peyton now. Which is still good value with only losing the 6th pick. My hope is that RGIII will still be available in the 4th, and I'll take him there (since I won't have another pick till the 7th, and he'll surely be gone by then).

My other hope is that Calvin will be available in the 1st round for me (or another stud RB if someone ahead of me does something crazy!). It'll be close depending on who others keep and whatnot. But I have a decent shot of getting him I think.

Peyton and Wilson. Get your QBs done. Rounds 1-5 can be "Best Player Available". You never know who can drop in round one so you may get TRich and then pick up Jones on the swing into 2.

Seriously? Griffin had 7 more fantasy points than Peyton last season in standard scoring--and he missed a couple of games--AND you get him two rounds later.

Whenever someone says that something is a "no brainer," I always like to consider what they would do if they HAD a brain.