[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

(week 5) Gronk out again.

kingsofromance

Per Adam Schefter, no Gronk, but Amendola did make the trip to Cincinnati.

https://twitter.com/...561249703501824

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4750371/amendola-looking-forward-to-sunday?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Starting to remind me of Peyton Manning a couple years ago.....he will end up on IR before it is over! Glad I restrained myself from picking him in any league!

THIS.... Finally I got something right, this must be how Baby Jane feels when he hits one out of 2 hundred predictions....lol

Can you guys PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT Baby Jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My God get a room. Message board celebrities. puke.

Keeping with topic, Rob is not officially out yet and I don't think this is another Manning situation. I still am hopeful this is the week.

Who is Baby Jane?

If I was an owner of Gronk I would not be hoping that he comes back this week. I would be hoping they wait until he is unquestionably 100% healthy and ready to play in the NFL for weeks on end. The worst thing possible would be for him to come back too early and aggravate his issues. It's not like the Patriots are desperate to get him back either - Amendola is back now, the young receivers like Kenbrell are improving, and they're still a 4-1 team.

Edited by Ron677

Who is Baby Jane?

If I was an owner of Gronk I would not be hoping that he comes back this week. I would be hoping they wait until he is unquestionably 100% healthy and ready to play in the NFL for weeks on end. The worst thing possible would be for him to come back too early and aggravate his issues. It's not like the Patriots are desperate to get him back either - Amendola is back now, the young receivers like Kenbrell are improving, and they're still a 4-1 team.

Who is Baby Jane?

unfortunately that's starting to look like it may be never.

Not only is this whole Gronk situation starting to look like he won't play at all this year, it's quite possible that his career may be in jeopardy. Not good, feel bad for him.

Not only is this whole Gronk situation starting to look like he won't play at all this year, it's quite possible that his career may be in jeopardy. Not good, feel bad for him.

Yea I'm more concerned for him and his career than anything. It's really too bad the guy can't stay healthy

If you drafted Gronk, you had to expect this.......

100 percent of fantasy drafts occurred when every report was saying week 4 return or so for gronk. Yeah I mean you had to think it was possible for him to be held out longer, but to expect this circus act surrounding his injury is crazy

100 percent of fantasy drafts occurred when every report was saying week 4 return or so for gronk. Yeah I mean you had to think it was possible for him to be held out longer, but to expect this circus act surrounding his injury is crazy

Exactly. I didn't expect this much of a circus surrounding Gronk. Its especially disappointing because it doesn't appear to have an end in sight. The longer this goes on the more I think that there is a divide between what the team wants and what Gronk's people want. Once the team medically clears you and you are practicing each week you should go back to work IMO.

This isn't true. While the cheatsheet makers were all high on Gronk, he wasn't even practicing before the season started and most reports I saw had him targeting a week 6 return. Aside from playing the WR role, TE's have to block, which requires the use of his forearm. IMO, this situation shouldn't be a shock to anyone and throwing Gronk back out there before he's ready could really aggravate the injuries. The Patriots have only lost one game, so they aren't in desperation mode right now. I expect them to ease him back in slowly, so starting him the first game he plays isn't wise.

100 percent of fantasy drafts occurred when every report was saying week 4 return or so for gronk.

This is false, his return date was always just conjecture. Nothing ever came from official sources. I think a lot of the conjecture came from the fact that the Patriots didn't put him on the PUP list to open the regular season, which led people to assume he'd be back before Week 6. And you know what happens when you assume.

Wrong. If by every, you meant some, and by report, you meant guess, and by week 4 you meant some time before week 6, well then maybe you're kinda right. They didn't even take him off PUP until what, two days before the deadline?

I believe I said above week 4 and the possibility to be held out longer....when I drafted gronk I didn't expect these shenanigans about the team clearing him, his family's feelings, etc etc and idk who would've. Huge difference when drafting months ago and hearing week 6 return, vs the guy not seeing the field, which looks like a real possibility now

I believe he should have been avoided in drafts or drafted in the late rounds as a stash guy(similar to Harvin). That's where I had him on my draft tiers, if for nothing more just to avoid drafting him. When you use a high to mid round pic on a guy that is injured you can't act surprised when it doesn't work out IMO...

• Like 1

I believe he should have been avoided in drafts or drafted in the late rounds as a stash guy(similar to Harvin). That's where I had him on my draft tiers, if for nothing more just to avoid drafting him. When you use a high to mid round pic on a guy that is injured you can't act surprised when it doesn't work out IMO...

Respect those thoughts, although I think you were in the minority....I think to compare it to harvin situation is not right, given the info we knew during the draft period. It worked out well for you (I mean jeez harvin may return before gronk! Lol)....some drafts had gronk going as you say high mid round. I was able to grab him in the 7th round if I remember correctly, and I touted it as the pick of the draft. A red zone beast like gronk in the 7th round? Please and thank you. I don't consider it a waste really, just frustrated that my team on paper, even w a 90% healthy gronk is loaded. But again, you had it nailed in your draft charts so kudos to you.

I knew exactly what I was getting into with Gronk this year. However, once Coach Bill did NOT put Gronk on the PUP list, HE set my expectations on a Week 6 or sooner start date. If nothing else, Bill is a ruthless SOB who would never waste a roster spot and would not want to look like a fool.

If/when (likely) Gronk ends up missing the Week 6 game this week - he effectively burned a roster spot for the last six weeks for a guy who seemingly had no real time table for getting back to begin with in the first place.

Questions will be asked. I am sure there is a lot of pressure to see Gronk hit the field this week. The relationship between the parties (coach, player, and agent/doctor) will be further strained.

Edited by SpinalTapp