[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft 2014

BeeR

He had several drops which really stung. Since he caught that TD though, most of that has been forgotten. Sharpen his skills just a bit and you have yourself a stud. At 6'6", the guy looked like a freaking tree compared to the smaller DBs.

Admittedly, I did not see the entire first half, but the only drop I am aware of that was really worth noting was on a slant pass.

Big players come up big in big games at the biggest times. That game-winner is one such big play. He also made a pretty sick circus catch earlier in the 2nd half.

And what some fail to recognize is that he was covered by one of college football's best cover corners.

He's raw, just like most college WRs. The guy has every single physical tool that makes Megatron a freak. Not saying he's the next Calvin Johnson but the comparisons are already rampant.

Edit: Hopefully he's not just the next "Fat" Mike Williams. :unsure:

If you watch youtube, there are a ton of clips there with Thomas looking unbelievable. But yeah, he is 170 and the list is long of short speedy guys that never translate to the NFL. I read where some think Thomas falls to the 7th round. Have to think Chip Kelly would consider him for special teams at least.

If Chip Kelly gets a hold of this guy, and he could add a little bulk, I think his value would skyrocket. And by skyrocket I mean go from absolutely zero to a guy you could maybe throw in as a flex in PPR formats in the right matchup.

Edited by darin3

George Atkinson III - RB, Notre Dame

Mike Flacco - TE, New Haven

Xavier Grimble - TE, USC

Henry Josey - RB, Missouri

Johnny Manziel - QB, Texas A&M

Greg Robinson - OT, Auburn

Willie Snead - WR, Ball State

Josh Stewart - WR, Oklahoma State

Seems very up in the air where the top 4 or 5 QBs will go. Bridgewater is a lock for if not the #1 pick, top 5 easy. Probably at least 1 or 2 after that........but who they are is highly debated between Carr, Bortles, Manziel etc.

No question. IMO, Clowney will be a huge bust, as outside of the one play that kept being shown over and over, he was completely asbsent in many games, taking plays off, not showing a high "motor". He does have freakish athletic ability, but those players are often busts. If I was a NFL scout, I would want to see more game impact on tape before I took a player like this that high.

Yep. If I'm a GM/owner, the last guy I want on my team is a "high upside, freakish ability" guy with an attitude. Talent/potential mean zero without the drive to use it. Edited by BeeR

I've been waiting for Auburn RB Tre Mason to declare. Move over STEW....ALL ABOARD THE TRE TRAIN!!!!!! WOOOOT WOOOOT!!!

Oh for the love of all that is good and mighty, I'm gonna have to share a spot on the bandwagon with Taz? :kicksrock:

I love me some Mason. I think he's the most fantasy football friendly RB in this class. There are a couple other guys that look legit, but from a fantasy standpoint, in the right situation of course, Mason could be ultra-elite in PPR formats.

Mason could be ultra-elite in PPR formats.

Curious where you're getting this from? He's only caught 19 passes in two years, and just 3 in his last 8 games. Bernard had 47 in 2012 alone by contrast. I'm generally a believer in the guy, with a lot less enthusiasm than Taz, but this seems to me to be a huge question mark for him.

Curious where you're getting this from? He's only caught 19 passes in two years, and just 3 in his last 8 games. Bernard had 47 in 2012 alone by contrast. I'm generally a believer in the guy, with a lot less enthusiasm than Taz, but this seems to me to be a huge question mark for him.

The Auburn offense didn't really utilize him as a pass-catcher. Just not the way it operated. From what I can tell, though, it doesn't look like he has BAD hands. Maybe you saw different? Read this somewhere?

Maybe this is pre-emptive, but I see him *having* to be a guy like Bernard to make it as a fantasy impact kind of player.

it doesn't look like he has BAD hands. Maybe you saw different? Read this somewhere?

No, not at all, quite the opposite. I haven't seen enough of him to determine, and was hoping you'd seen it in person.

For example, Andre Ellington last year had only 14 catches (after 22 the prior year) but I'd seen him play enough to be convinced and not concerned enough to let a stat mislead me. I could easily be convinced the same about Mason by someone in the know, because I'm not (with him).

No, not at all, quite the opposite. I haven't seen enough of him to determine, and was hoping you'd seen it in person.

For example, Andre Ellington last year had only 14 catches (after 22 the prior year) but I'd seen him play enough to be convinced and not concerned enough to let a stat mislead me. I could easily be convinced the same about Mason by someone in the know, because I'm not (with him).

I've watched plenty of Auburn and their offense just doesn't pass to RBs out of the backfield, at least in the games I saw.

I'd be surprised if he had bad hands. Maybe I'm tazzing him up too much. :unsure:

• Like 1

From one source:

Things aren’t that bleak for Mason’s chances of becoming a solid NFL back though. Breer points out that as a system back, Mason should fit right in with a pass happy team looking for a back to catch passes out of the back field. In short, Mason won’t become a franchise running back but it does sound like he has a place in the NFL and it’s pretty valuable one.

http://fansided.com/2013/12/13/nfl-draft-2014-tre-mason-system-back-nothing-special/

I hope he's not a system RB. He actually could be. I'm banking on him not being one, though.

Mason set the all purpose yards record for a non QB with 2,173yds breaking Bo Jackson's previous mark of 1,859 set in 1985.

Is he the next Bo Jackson? Oh good grief hell no...nobody ever will be. But the kid's got's skills.

He averaged almost 200yds and 2TD's in 4 games against top 10 teams and 143/1.9TD's against SEC opponents.

Those are not cream puff stat padding opponents.

Will he be a force in the passing game? Only time will tell but I think the potential is there.

The final domino (Benjamin) as far as I'm concerned, unless Hundley changes his mind. There are a few we haven't heard from, but no one that's going to change much - Kadeem Carey from Arizona, DaVonte Freeman from FSU - but no one that jumps out as a stud.

Vic Beasley - DE, Clemson

Kelvin Benjamin - WR, Florida State

Hasean Clinton-Dix - S, Alabama

Adrian Hubbard - DE, Alabama

Cyrus Kouandjio - OT, Alabama

Timmy Jernigan - DT, Florida State

Tre Mason - RB, Auburn

Troy Niklas - TE, Notre Dame

Jeoffrey Pagan - DT, Alabama

Looking forward to Darin's WR dynasty discussion =P

The final domino (Benjamin) as far as I'm concerned, unless Hundley changes his mind. There are a few we haven't heard from, but no one that's going to change much - Kadeem Carey from Arizona, DaVonte Freeman from FSU - but no one that jumps out as a stud.

Vic Beasley - DE, Clemson

Kelvin Benjamin - WR, Florida State

Hasean Clinton-Dix - S, Alabama

Adrian Hubbard - DE, Alabama

Cyrus Kouandjio - OT, Alabama

Timmy Jernigan - DT, Florida State

Tre Mason - RB, Auburn

Troy Niklas - TE, Notre Dame

Jeoffrey Pagan - DT, Alabama

Looking forward to Darin's WR dynasty discussion =P

Is Benjamin the next Megatron or the next Fat Mike Williams?

As for the WRs, that will take me a bit. This WR class is unREAL. With WRs becoming even more valuable, this is a great, great year to have a slew of rookie picks.

I'm not putting him in Calvin's class by any means, but I do think he can be an impact player. Two years ago I was all over Alshon Jeffrey for pretty much the same reasons I like Benjamin. He's not going to burn out any 4.4's but his ball skills are phenomenal and he has tremendous size.

Is Benjamin the next Megatron or the next Fat Mike Williams?

As for the WRs, that will take me a bit. This WR class is unREAL. With WRs becoming even more valuable, this is a great, great year to have a slew of rookie picks.

Yes it appears that way & I'm kicking myself for trading away my 1st & high 2nd for Hopkins , now I'm thinking of trading Peyton if I get an offer that has two 1st & a high 2nd or better because my team except for Hopkins & my TE's is old or injury prone

I mean if I'm going to rebuild I might as well start now

An interesting late add in Jeremy Hill. Not someone I expected, but makes sense. RB is shaping up to be very strong here a well, good year to be rebuilding in a dynasty.

Devonta Freeman - RB, Florida State

Jeremy Hill - RB, LSU

A.C. Leonard – TE, Tennessee State

Viliami Moala - DT, California

Vinnie Sunseri - S, Alabama

Trai Turner - OG, LSU

Pierre Warren - S, Jacksonville State

edit: add

Kadeem Cary - RB, Arizona

David Yankey - OG, Stanford

Edited by flemingd

Final unofficial list: