[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

High risk/reward. Your thoughts

Alphashado

Been playing FF for a very long time. One thing I've learned to avoid over the years is stacking multiple players from the same team. If it's a high powered offense, it can be rewarding. But even high powered offenses have bad days. And if they do, then you are stuck with mutliple bad outcomes.

I use a custom tiered system when I draft. This year in my 12 team leage I had pick #2. I took A.P with the 1st pick, then Jordy Nelson when it came back around at the end of round 2. Then with the 2cnd pick in round 3, Randal Cobb was sitting there as the best remaining WR according to my system. It's a mandatory 3WR start league. I pulled the trigger. I would like to think that it wasn't the Homer in me since I am a packer fan. I would like to think that it was a reasonable selection considering the passing defenses in the NFC north are all terrible. So thats at least 6 games vs terrible secondaries for two talented WRs on a high powered offense. I dunno. It just bugs me.

So 12 team league.

1 Adrian Peterson

2 Jordy Nelson

3 Randal Cobb

I've never done this before. I'm curious what some fellow FF vets think about it or if you have done this in the past and how it has worked out for ya.

The other draw back of course is the Week 9 bye when they are both riding the pine for me.

Edited by Alphashado

I normally would avoid doing this but I guess it's like getting Reggie Bush and Joique Bell.

I ended up with CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson on one of my teams. I wasn't trying to land both guys, but I'm not upset about it either. I scooped up Fred Jackson in the middle rounds because he was the best available at that time and it felt like a steal. I do like the idea that if one of them goes down, then the other has a bit more value, but that also means I just lost a player due to injury.

In the end, you take the best player available. And that's what I think I did.

The big possible real downside is if Rodgers goes down, then both those WR are going to be in bad shape (though I suppose Flynn could do well). That and both will be off the same week, but that can happen with two top WR on different any team. I had it last year with 2 of my top 3 (Calvin, Fitz, DemThomas) and again this year.

• Like 1

I'm not fond of it either - and maybe a different scenario I landed in. I had the last pick (two back to back picks). In rounds 9/10 Steven Jackson was STILL there for whatever reason, I had my eyes on Freeman as a sleeper - a little too soon to grab him in my opinion, but I figured if I was taking one I needed the other, so I took both at the turn.. More of a starter/handcuff - I could care less about Jackson - I'm more interested in Freeman later in the season.