[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spiller to return kicks

Grogansghost

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000389168/article/cj-spiller-to-be-buffalo-bills-lead-kick-returner

Just wondering what people think about this? Good strategy? Too risky? Grasping at straws?

I worry that the coaches don't seem to have a creative way of using Spiller in the offense, so now they're putting him out there on kick offs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000389168/article/cj-spiller-to-be-buffalo-bills-lead-kick-returner

Just wondering what people think about this? Good strategy? Too risky? Grasping at straws?

I worry that the coaches don't seem to have a creative way of using Spiller in the offense, so now they're putting him out there on kick offs.

I don't think they know what the hell they're doing. Gailey got a bad rap and most of it was deserved, but at least he found a way to get production out of the bills most talented offensive player. This move just seems stupid.

On the other hand, players like cobb, Patterson and Antonio brown regularly handle punts/kicks so maybe it's a blessing in disguise

I'm still in the camp that they didn't give up a 3rd round pick for Bryce Brown for no reason . . . I think he'll be getting substantial run in that backfield sooner than later.

On the other hand, players like cobb, Patterson and Antonio brown regularly handle punts/kicks so maybe it's a blessing in disguise

The only problem here is that those players are all WRs and likely faster than Spiller. This sounds like a bad idea.

I agree I don't like the idea, but not due to his speed. Spiller when healthy is probably faster than those guys

OK so I looked this up because I was curious. I assumed that, in general, WRs would be faster than RBs but you're right - Spiller has a faster 40yd dash than all those guys:

Spiller 4.28

Patterson 4.40

Cobb 4.46 (4.39 was his best, but not at the combine)

Brown 4.56

OK so I looked this up because I was curious. I assumed that, in general, WRs would be faster than RBs but you're right - Spiller has a faster 40yd dash than all those guys:

Spiller 4.28

Patterson 4.40

Cobb 4.46 (4.39 was his best, but not at the combine)

Brown 4.56

I was just thinking back to his days at clemson how spiller in open space was a certified track meet. Figure they're about even now. I still don't see what the bills are doing....