[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alex Smith suffers lacerated spleen, out six weeks

Wolverines Fan

Per rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3119/alex-smith

Alex Smith has been ruled out for Week 17 against the Chargers with a lacerated spleen.

Smith was hurt in Week 16, but played through it and practiced earlier this week. He went to the training staff and said he didn't feel right.

The injury was revealed, and Chase Daniel is now in the saddle as the starting quarterback in an extremely important finale against San Diego.

In order to make the playoffs, the Chiefs need to win and have the Texans and Ravens lose. Much like Smith, Daniel is a game manager with a weak arm and plus athleticism.

Smith needs six weeks to recover and likely wouldn't be available until the Super Bowl. Dec 26 - 12:10 PM

Now watch Daniels throw 5 TDs to the WR

This would not shock me. At least a TD or two to a WR. Smith just will not throw a ball downfield unless he positively knows for sure his WR is wide open. Won't ever throw it to a guy with single coverage and give him a chance to make a play.

He is still on the roster.

I know he's there, just haven't seen any updates on him or found him on any "watch lists"...of course, I'm not really looking, either; I just liked watching him play for the Dawgs

Pretty sure similar happened last year with Chase Daniel getting his first ever start against SD. Certainly makes the Chargers bigger favourites to get in now.

Yup. Last year in week 17, KC had the wild card spot locked up and had no shot at the division title. Reid sat all but two of his starters if I recall correctly. The funny thing was that it was a must-win game for SD, and even though they were playing the KC backups, things still went down to the wire. :lol: