[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys @ Green Bay.

Randall

I appreciate the fox team going back and explaining it once again.

I thought maybe it was overturned incorrectly but Mike Pereira explaining that the steps have nothing to do with it makes it a lot more clear. If you look at the play from the waste up he clearly didn't keep control of the ball and the ground caused him to lose it as he fell.

Edited by troublez

Should teach people to secure a catch but apparently some want personal glory instead.

Yup - not unlike Lawrence last week, where he tried to be the hero instead of just falling on the fumble. This time around, hero ball bit them in the azz. Perfect ending :)

Meh, right call or not, the zebras are way too prominent of a storyline so far these playoffs. No dog in this fight so just wanted the game to be close, entertaining, and decided by the players. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Exactly, we should have been discussing a tight finish to this game. Instead it's just going to be remembered for one decision.

Refs ruin the end of another game :tdown:

The refs made the correct call. If you want to argue the rule is stupid, I'm listening and likely to agree, but, the refs in this game didn't ruin anything.

• Like 2

I thought maybe it was overturned incorrectly but Mike Pereira explaining that the steps have nothing to do with it makes it a lot more clear. If you look at the play from the waste up he clearly didn't keep control of the ball and the ground caused him to lose it as he fell.

He explained it incorrectly. Once Dez makes the catch, the steps do matter as they show possession. The issue is that while Dez has possession, he is touched down by the DB prior to the ball coming out = play over. The fact that the ball comes loose after the play is over is irrelevant.

Bottom line, the Packers ran the ball well, Rodgers played well despite the injury and they made enough plays to win. Even if Dallas scores there, GB still gets the ball back with a chance to win.

Good luck next week packer fans.

• Like 1

He explained it incorrectly. Once Dez makes the catch, the steps do matter as they show possession. The issue is that while Dez has possession, he is touched down by the DB prior to the ball coming out = play over. The fact that the ball comes loose after the play is over is irrelevant.

Wrong. The play is not over when he is touched down. It is a stupid rule, but, they called it correctly.

• Like 1

Didn't keep control of the ball? HAHA! I'd like to know when exactly he did not have control of the ball. It's just common sense to see that he had control of the ball throughout. How did he not? As he was rolling over after having caught, secured, and was rolling to the endzone, he flipped the ball up a little. The ball was always in 100% total control.

If I'm wrong on my read and the call was right according to the rule, then it's clearly an idiotic rule.

Wrong. The play is not over when he is touched down. It is a stupid rule, but, they called it correctly.

That's my point, it is wrong and needs to be fixed ASAP. It was a catch and should've stood but because of a rule that is awful it gets stolen.

Didn't keep control of the ball? HAHA! I'd like to know when exactly he did not have control of the ball. It's just common sense to see that he had control of the ball throughout. How did he not? As he was rolling over after having caught, secured, and was rolling to the endzone, he flipped the ball up a little. The ball was always in 100% total control.

If I'm wrong on my read and the call was right according to the rule, then it's clearly an idiotic rule.

Dez did lose control of the ball after he was touched down and the ball hit the ground as he was rolling over. The ball was loose in the air cause it was knocked lose by the ground. I don't have issue with that, I have issue that it was incomplete cause the play was over.

I hope they change the rule.

Bottom line, the Packers ran the ball well, Rodgers played well despite the injury and they made enough plays to win. Even if Dallas scores there, GB still gets the ball back with a chance to win.

Good luck next week packer fans.

The way they explained it the steps do not matter because he wasn't able to make a football move. It was his momentum carrying him forward so he needed to establish possessison by making a football move or maintaining control while going to the ground. He didn't do either. I don't like the rule that much either but it seems right to me from what they are explaining.

You are hung up that he caught the ball by saying once Dez makes the catch but the rule states he never caught it in the first place.

Tough game.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-out/dallas-cowboys-green-bay-packers-nfc-playoffs-dez-bryant-catch-overturned-011115

"If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."

• Like 1

:lol:

They should have given it and let the Cowboys win just so we could have gotten rid of the forums resident idiot.

Eh, you get rid of one forum idiot, another two sprout in his place. Forum idiots are like the Greek hydra.

Tootie's rationalizing and knowing more than professionals is simply priceless.

You're welcome.

I don't care what anyone says. That was one of the greatest catches in playoff history. No way should they have taken that away from him. He had the ball the entire time ever after stretching for the TD. That call just isn't a football call. It's a rules interpretation, which has really no business in this game. You make a catch like that, you earn the right to have it stand period. I still think we lose the game in spite of it because the defense was just spent. They fought like men but couldn't get the pressure you have to get in a game like this against a QB that can't move. Murray's fumble was the number 1 factor in why we lost that game. That and the defense that couldn't get to Rodgers.

That's how I see it.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

I agree. I text me buddy before the Dez play that GB was going to win regardless of that drive and I believe that.

I'm not going to argue whether by rule that was a catch or not because I don't think I understand the rule I guess. I guess they got it right.

But as a football fan watching a football game...that's a damn catch