[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 2 QB Player Rankings

ABearWithFurniture

Yeah I thought they'd decide Friday based on McCowns health.

That is what I heard on the local news last night, if McCown is cleared and practices Friday he should start. Coach Pettine has said "if he can go he is our starter". Manziel got work with the first team yesterday in practice, but they did limit him some because of the sore elbow.

I'm kind of confused by what DMD says about "I will change that". Did he go back and change the projections to lower Manziel's total points so he'd fall below other QBs in the rankings? Because the rankings are simply a list of players in projected point order. NO?

Or was there some mistake in the point total for Manziel (and Winston) that had him higher than he should have been?

(Sorry if double posted first one didn't seem to take)

I'm kind of confused by what DMD says about "I will change that". Did he go back and change the projections to lower Manziel's total points so he'd fall below other QBs in the rankings? Because the rankings are simply a list of players in projected point order. NO?

Or was there some mistake in the point total for Manziel (and Winston) that had him higher than he should have been?

This was a very strange week for QBs. I went through them as I do and realized at some point that the worse QBs had good matchups and the good QBs had worse matchups. Everyone was all tending towards the middle and there was only about a 5 fantasy point difference between about 20 QBs - that is not much help. And Manziel and Winston were near the top though their projections only meant they were 2 or 3 points better than almost everyone (rushing stats). So I lowered them just a little in the projections to drop them back down. This is the first time I ever remember doing that. I always just project them as I see them and let it ride. But this early, we don't really know that much about Winston and Manziel is always a huge risk to rely on - plus he may not even play this week.

I lowered them slightly just to compensate for their risk/track record. Bottom line - no matter the projections I would never start Manziel or Winston over Aaron Rodgers

• Like 1

Im tempted if Manziel starts just because of the matchup and potential upside but only in my league where I have Eli as my QB.

Word today on the radio is that McCown is expected to be able to practice, and then they'll see how he does, he he feels after practice etc. The Browns want McCown to start, while Manziel is improving I think they saw a lot of those rookie mistakes last week and are afraid to let him fail a lot more this early.

• Like 1