[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doug Martin

Scorcher

He looks improved and ran well when he got the ball, but disappeared once the Buc's had to play catch up ( about 2 minutes into the game) I am doubting his value because of the Bucs offense as a whole. It's only week 1 but it looks like the Bucs have a ways to go before any running game comes into play which to me places his value about the same as last year.

I am doubting his value because of the Bucs offense as a whole.

This is the problem. When you're down by 2-3 TDs early there's no way he gets the volume of work needed to be successful. Why they put Charles Sims in for those packages is beyond me but so be it. Winston's play early in the year is going to tank Martin's value.

But hey, if you're an ASJ owner and Evans stays out - rejoice!

• Like 1

I was glancing at the updates as the game was going on and he had a few nice runs called back on holding penalties. If the match up is right he makes a nice flex imo. I got him cheap in one league. His price is usually low on dfl too.

Saw the same thing here. IIRC, he had one specific series with a few good runs called back for penalties.

This is the problem. When you're down by 2-3 TDs early there's no way he gets the volume of work needed to be successful. Why they put Charles Sims in for those packages is beyond me but so be it. Winston's play early in the year is going to tank Martin's value.

But hey, if you're an ASJ owner and Evans stays out - rejoice!

I think this TB offense will be significantly different (i.e. better) with Evans back in the lineup this week. Martin will benefit, as will VJ, ASJ, Winston... IMHO, Winston and Martin will benefit the most.

Edited by lennykravitz2004

How do the rookies Marpet and Smith look?

Like rookies usually do. Throughout preseason they appeared overmatched. Smith is huge and looks slow. During the 1st half of last week's game they were steamrolled. However, they're talented and the Bucs are committed to them. The beat writers all seem to agree this year will be a slow learning process. Winston will be running for his life. But they'll learn together and be a solid core.