[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones playoff Schedule...

NEPats

Throwing this out there for discussion -

Julio IMO is the best WR in the game. But..

Josh Norman IMO is the best corner in the game. He's literally shut down every WR1 in his path this year.

Julio will face him TWICE in weeks 14 and 16.

Anyone else with Julio eyeing this matchup with concern?

In his two games vs Carolina last year Julio went 10-108 and no TD's combined, so I get the concern, but I don't really know what you'd do about it? Maybe trade him for Nuk Hopkins or Gurley or something, but most likely there is nothing you can do and you'd still be starting him those weeks without a doubt.

I dont believe Josh Norman will be able to shut down the best WR in the GAME which i mentioned this last year on here 4 out of 4 times, its just not going to happen.. the kid is good but Julio is someone i've said from day 1 is THE best in the game in all aspects.

I wont be trading him and i will be starting him.

If you're 6-2 or 7-1 with Julio, you should definitely consider trading him.

I'm 5-3. 3rd of 12 teams and 1st overall in points. So in decent shape to make playoffs. If I'm going to unload him might as well be for a WR1 with some favorable playoff matchups. Mike Evans and Jeffery look decent - but would want more than just a 1 for 1 trade.

Tough call - likely going to wait another week or two to make a decision. 1st place in reg season gets a bye first week of playoffs.

Edited by NEPats

1st place in reg season gets a bye first week of playoffs.

Is your playoffs the last 4 weeks of the season like a lot are? If so, the bye you'd get would be the week Julio plays Carolina for the first time, so that should improve his playoff outlook significantly.

I dont believe Josh Norman will be able to shut down the best WR in the GAME which i mentioned this last year on here 4 out of 4 times, its just not going to happen.. the kid is good but Julio is someone i've said from day 1 is THE best in the game in all aspects.

I wont be trading him and i will be starting him.

He did it both times they matched up last year.

Is your playoffs the last 4 weeks of the season like a lot are? If so, the bye you'd get would be the week Julio plays Carolina for the first time, so that should improve his playoff outlook significantly.

Playoffs are weeks 14, 15, and Championship 16. So a Bye would eliminate the concern for week 14 vs Norman. Week 16 Julio is at home and might as well roll with him.

• Like 1

Playoffs are weeks 14, 15, and Championship 16. So a Bye would eliminate the concern for week 14 vs Norman. Week 16 Julio is at home and might as well roll with him.

Thank you for bringing this point up. I had forgotten all about BYE weeks. It's still early but damn that would be huge for Julio owners to get a BYE in week 14.

That's some top notch stuff right there. I was beginning to consider this, but this is great perspective.

I keep him unless im blown away by an offer and start him with confidence as long as he's healthy. They have been good at moving him around to get him open and Norman (typically) plays one side, although last game he was shadowing.

Guessing whoever you trade him to will also know the playoff schedule and may not give you fair value. As long as he's healthy I have no worries about him.

Not to beat this thing into the ground - but might be worth waiting for week 12 when CAR faces DAL in Texas. If we have a healthy Romo and a healthy Dez - may be another good barometer. Norman vs Hopkins in week 2 yielded 5 catches for around 55 yards on 11 targets - but that was with Mallett and half of that production was garbage time.

Healthy Dez vs Norman would be interesting to see.

Not to beat this thing into the ground - but might be worth waiting for week 12 when CAR faces DAL in Texas. If we have a healthy Romo and a healthy Dez - may be another good barometer. Norman vs Hopkins in week 2 yielded 5 catches for around 55 yards on 11 targets - but that was with Mallett and half of that production was garbage time.

Healthy Dez vs Norman would be interesting to see.

why would it be interesting? a healthy brandon marshall would be more interesting than a healthy dez

I wouldn't sit him for your #3 WR, but I'd probably trade him straight up for Nuk or Odell if given the chance (I don't have Julio).

Now that I look at the schedule, ODB doesn't have great matchups either (Revis, Norman, and Philly - the Giants always crumble against Philly). Antonio Brown also has a bad schedule.

Nuk has a great schedule though 13-17. I'd probably do it for Nuk and maybe Odell.

i think im only sitting julio if God is shadowing him all day.....if its jesus im starting julio with confidence....

josh norman is an incredible story really....kid didnt get a single d-1 offer...walked on his freshman year....just an amazing story.....but julio is julio....and norman has a penchant for trying to jump routes very quickly....julio can beat top corners....if im looking at last years matchups against carolina im prob throwing them out the window because atl was such a wreck last year....i think this team is a little different....but well have to see how they bounce back after last weeks loss at home

• Like 1