[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In a must win this week. Need help with my lineup badly. Could you please help?

GambitX

PPR League. My team is pretty solid but I'm sitting 5-6 and need to win to get in.

Here is my team and where I need help:

PICK 1: QB: Tony Romo vs Carolina, Andy Dalton vs. St Louis or Philip Rivers @ Jax.

I lost last week by 7 pts bc I started Rivers over Romo/Dalton. I don't want to overthink this one again so any help would be appreciated.

RB: Adrian Peterson & (Please pick 1:) Matt Forte @ GB or Charcandrick West vs Buf (I also have Spencer Ware if West doesn't play).

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson and then please pick one of these: TY Hilton vs Tampa Bay, DeSean Jackson vs. NYG, Davante Adams vs. Chicago (Who would you pick of Hilton, DJax & Davante? Davante screwed me too last week)

TE: Olsen

DEF & Kicker don't matter much but I have Chiefs & Josh Brown. I have been extremely unlucky this year. Just lost Forsett and West last week. Drives me crazy. Please help me out if you can. Thanks guys!!

Edited by GambitX

QB: I would start Dalton. Rivers has the best match up but his offense is a mess. Romo and Dalton are about the same in terms of skill (all 3 are about the same for that matter), but Dalton has a slightly better match up in my opinion. Josh Norman will be all over Dez.

RB: I'd go with whichever Chief gets the start. Forte probably seems to many people like the obvious answer but just coming off an injury, I think there will be a lot of rotation with Langford, and neither RB will get a full workload. Plus, Buffalo is easier to run on than GB.

WR: that's hard man, I don't like any of them really. I guess D-Jax. I wouldn't consider Adams at all, and Hilton has been struggling hard recently. D-Jax has a slightly better match up against the Giants and he has a history of having their number.

I'd play Dalton, Forte, and DeSean Jackson, because Forte has something to prove, St. Louis' defense is overrated, and the Giants pass defense is not good. But I am by no means an expert...

Thanks. I'm leaning towards Dalton too. Totally unsure on the others.. Giants D just got their corners back which is making me wonder if Hilton may be better..

I'd play Dalton, West or Ware, and Jackson. Can you please help me out with a trade?

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/455119-gurley-julio-trade/

Thanks. Yes, I'll head over to your thread.

QB: I would start Dalton. Rivers has the best match up but his offense is a mess. Romo and Dalton are about the same in terms of skill (all 3 are about the same for that matter), but Dalton has a slightly better match up in my opinion. Josh Norman will be all over Dez.

RB: I'd go with whichever Chief gets the start. Forte probably seems to many people like the obvious answer but just coming off an injury, I think there will be a lot of rotation with Langford, and neither RB will get a full workload. Plus, Buffalo is easier to run on than GB.

WR: that's hard man, I don't like any of them really. I guess D-Jax. I wouldn't consider Adams at all, and Hilton has been struggling hard recently. D-Jax has a slightly better match up against the Giants and he has a history of having their number.

Thanks for the detailed response. I agree on Dalton. RB is tough.. I'm afraid if West sits that they may split Ware & Davis a bit. Forte could go off like he did week 1 but I am nervous. Hilton struggling w/o Luck but Tampa should be a good matchup.. Djax vs NYG who just got their corners back.. I don't know what to do.

Being 5-6 with that team sucks, but thems the breaks(or not breaks) of playing fantasy.

Yep.. I made really good moves this year. Not getting luck. I'm 2nd highest in points for in the league. Keep running into top score or some other nonsense. It is ridiculous.

Who would you start if you were me?

BTW- This is a very competitive 12 team league ($100 buy-in) so it is even more frustrating.

Edited by GambitX

I would start Rivers, whoever starts for the Chiefs and....TY Hilton. Just call it a feeling. I got nothing really to back it up. If not him, I would probably go Adams.

I'm honestly feeling both Djax and Hilton this week. Adams is banged up and not worth the risk meaning he'll go off.

I'd like to start Rivers in what looks like a solid matchup BUT he screwed me last week. I don't know what to do..

RB dilemma too. If West starts I prob go with him but not sure if he will play whole game.

Dalton, Chiefs RB, and D-Jax.

Dalton- that offense is playing well....pure and simple

Chiefs RB- we have no idea what Forte is going to do. And it will be depressing to get off to a slow start on Thursday. Don't worry about the splitting of carries. It's clear, that the Chiefs don't trust Davis. I would be more worried about Langford splitting carries.

D-Jax....this is just based on matchup. I think he's coming back to form, and at the right. If not D-Jax, then go with Hilton. Jax has the higher ceiling with Hilton being the safer pick.

Edited by Shaft

Rivers

Chiefs RB

DJax

Thanks. Everyone seems to be leaning the same in the Chiefs vs Forte decision.. ahhhhh I don't know what to do. Why do you like Rivers?

Dalton, Chiefs RB, and D-Jax.

Dalton- that offense is playing well....pure and simple

Chiefs RB- we have no idea what Forte is going to do. And it will be depressing to get off to a slow start on Thursday. Don't worry about the splitting of carries. It's clear, that the Chiefs don't trust Davis. I would be more worried about Langford splitting carries.

D-Jax....this is just based on matchup. I think he's coming back to form, and at the right. If not D-Jax, then go with Hilton. Jax has the higher ceiling with Hilton being the safer pick.

Thanks for the response Shaft. I agree on Dalton. I am also now leaning towards Chief's RB. I am def worried about Langford's role.. Plus GB D has been playing better.

I have no clue on Djax vs Hilton... ahhhhhh man this is agonizing.

Rivers, AP And D,JAcks

Thanks but the question was between Ware/West or Forte. Thoughts? I am starting AP regardless. need to decide between the other two for the final spot.

Dalton, Chiefs RB, DJax.

Thanks. Djax & Chiefs RB seems to be the popular choices. Just read that Forte is starter in "Name only" so splitting with Langford is highly likely.. I may end up with a highly ceiling with the Chiefs RB

if you want to win, put rivers, chiefs rb, and hilton in..

djax is a burner sure but he scored last week because a cb fell down. hilton and hassleback have been dreadful together but hilton is just better than djax. fact. plus frank gore might not play which may force them to throw the ball more

rivers over the others because

1)andy dalton is who he is and you cant convince me otherwise. rams d/st IS legit. but the rams d/st offense is inept and gives whoever they play a very short field all day everyday. still their cb's are pretty lockdown

2) rivers plays the jaguars and i expect this game to be a shootout.

look at vegas over/unders to help you. i'd play a qb with the HIGHEST o/u

OH sorry my bad .... Actually yea who ever start at RB in KC

Thanks

if you want to win, put rivers, chiefs rb, and hilton in..

djax is a burner sure but he scored last week because a cb fell down. hilton and hassleback have been dreadful together but hilton is just better than djax. fact. plus frank gore might not play which may force them to throw the ball more

rivers over the others because

1)andy dalton is who he is and you cant convince me otherwise. rams d/st IS legit. but the rams d/st offense is inept and gives whoever they play a very short field all day everyday. still their cb's are pretty lockdown

2) rivers plays the jaguars and i expect this game to be a shootout.

look at vegas over/unders to help you. i'd play a qb with the HIGHEST o/u

Thanks. That is true about DJax.. he did score bc a CB fell down last week. The guy I am playing against has Crowder and I expect this game to potentially be a shootout. You'd still go Hilton despite how the connection between hass/Hilton as been?

I'm leaning towards Chiefs RB (whoever that may be) over Forte.

Dalton/Rivers... So you'd sit Romo for sure? Rivers burned me bad last week which is why I am hesitant..but what you said is definitely true.

Thanks

Thanks. That is true about DJax.. he did score bc a CB fell down last week. The guy I am playing against has Crowder and I expect this game to potentially be a shootout. You'd still go Hilton despite how the connection between hass/Hilton as been?

I'm leaning towards Chiefs RB (whoever that may be) over Forte.

Dalton/Rivers... So you'd sit Romo for sure? Rivers burned me bad last week which is why I am hesitant..but what you said is definitely true.

yea i own romo in both my leagues and sitting him for bortles and big ben.. i mean of course he could have a good game but if this is a MUST win for you i wouldnt be gambling. id still lean rivers but the commenter above may be correct that SD is just a dumpster now. either way your decision should be between rivers and dalton IMO

hilton and hasselback cant stay this bad. if you start him and he does badly then i'm sorry if i was the one to persuade you to do it. although theres no shame in losing when you start your best players and they dont perform. there IS shame in starting a gimmicky player who does 'ok' while your stud goes off on your bench. just my opinion. i hope you win your matchup. this whole fatnasy football thing is just a crapshoot anyway, remember that at the end of the day

yea i own romo in both my leagues and sitting him for bortles and big ben.. i mean of course he could have a good game but if this is a MUST win for you i wouldnt be gambling. id still lean rivers but the commenter above may be correct that SD is just a dumpster now. either way your decision should be between rivers and dalton IMO

hilton and hasselback cant stay this bad. if you start him and he does badly then i'm sorry if i was the one to persuade you to do it. although theres no shame in losing when you start your best players and they dont perform. there IS shame in starting a gimmicky player who does 'ok' while your stud goes off on your bench. just my opinion. i hope you win your matchup. this whole fatnasy football thing is just a crapshoot anyway, remember that at the end of the day

Yeah, I agree. SD is def a mess w/o their top 2 wideouts.

I don't know who has the higher ceiling between Djax and Hilton. . I feel like Djax is getting more rapport with Cousins while Hilton and Hass struggle together.

Def a crapshoot-- there is no way my team should be 5-6 ...