[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shake up in the NFC East

Grits and Shins

If you coach a team in the NFC East this year and do NOT win the division you should be fired, injuries (Romo/Bryant) are no excuse. These teams are so bad. Heck some GMs should probably lose their jobs too.

Garrett won't be fired because Jerry will blame injuries to Romo and Bryant

Kelly could be fired because he shipped off so much talent to bring in his guys and flopped, they could also give him another year

Coughlin always seems to be on the cusp of being fired but always keeps his job

Gruden may also get another year, regardless of finish

• Like 1

I can't believe this division. It's like nobody wants to win it. I say give the kid Moore a shot. We have seen what Cassell is all about. I don't want to see another down with him under center. It's time we see what the kid can do so we can go into next year knowing exactly what we have to work with and what we don't. Just makes me sick to see this division so ripe for the taking yet we don't have a QB that can simply drive a bus. Unreal.

Eli is stinkin up the joint. To think this guy won two superbowls is mind boggling. How can a guy play so good yet play so bad. His receivers are dropping everything today though also.

Coughlin should absolutely be fired. He should have been fired directly after the Patriots game. He has single handedly cost them 4 games this year. I don't blame the players for quitting on him.

Kelly would be stupid not to take one of the available high profile college jobs.

Gruden hasn't had time, and is actually getting something going in Washington. Hard to do with that owner.

No opinion on Garrett, as the GM is the first one who needs to go there.

Edited by Boy Named Suh
  • Like 1

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "shake up in the NFC Least"? And about the coaches should be fired comment, just remember that Ron Rivera was a loss away from being fired last season before the Panthers got hot. Sometimes it just takes a next season or pressing a reset button. That being said, Chip Kelly does not deserve a job in the NFL!

No way would I fire Garrett after losing Romo for the season. Kelly, I would fire though. Seems too stubborn and his players are done with him it looks like. Giving up 40 burgers in consecutive weeks shows me his team is done. Garrett has his players playing tough all season in spite of very poor QB play. The drafts have been solid the past few years since he has gotten here so I like the talent eval going on. I suspect a good draft with a high pick next year may get the job done. The Giants are a mess but Eli is so up and down.

Edited by Cowboyz1

No way would I fire Garrett after losing Romo for the season. Kelly, I would fire though. Seems too stubborn and his players are done with him it looks like. Giving up 40 burgers in consecutive weeks shows me his team is done. Garrett has his players playing tough all season in spite of very poor QB play. The drafts have been solid the past few years since he has gotten here so I like the talent eval going on. I suspect a good draft with a high pick next year may get the job done. The Giants are a mess but Eli is so up and down.

On that 7 game losing streak all of those games were winnable ... as the leader of this team Garrett has to find a way to prepare his guys to play for 4 full quarters. The Cowboys have to find a way to win at least 2 of those games. You are content just rolling over and saying "oh well, Romo and Dez were hurt ... give Garrett a free pass". Really?

I dont know what kind of girly pocs Garrett have of Jerry but they must be doozies cause quite honestly,the Cowboys will never win with him at the healm. On the flip side, if his royal heisness would hire somebody with a nut sack...oh wait nevermind

On that 7 game losing streak all of those games were winnable ... as the leader of this team Garrett has to find a way to prepare his guys to play for 4 full quarters. The Cowboys have to find a way to win at least 2 of those games. You are content just rolling over and saying "oh well, Romo and Dez were hurt ... give Garrett a free pass". Really?

who in your opinion would be the best coach Dallas ever had?

8 losing seasons to start his career. Should been fired I guess

5 losing seasons, then a .500 season then playoff appearances: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LandTo0.htm

LOL ... you can't even get your facts straight.

Having said that ... you have to look at the situation. Are Garrett's Cowboys rebuilding?

No, they fight to the bitter end in every game. I watch them fight hard regardless. If the QB can't move the ball at all they can't win. The defense has played hard and held the BUcs to 3 points for 59 minutes. You can't ask for more then that. If the team were getting blown out by 40 points a game like Philly then yes I would say the coach has lost the team and they aren't playing for him. That's not the case. I am willing to give him a pass yes this year. Now if they don't do anything about the backup QB next year or don't perform with more talent and Romo on the field then I would think about it.

No, they fight to the bitter end in every game. I watch them fight hard regardless. If the QB can't move the ball at all they can't win. The defense has played hard and held the BUcs to 3 points for 59 minutes. You can't ask for more then that. If the team were getting blown out by 40 points a game like Philly then yes I would say the coach has lost the team and they aren't playing for him. That's not the case. I am willing to give him a pass yes this year. Now if they don't do anything about the backup QB next year or don't perform with more talent and Romo on the field then I would think about it.

LOL ... If you lose every game then who cares if you "fight to the bitter end". Let me rephrase that for you ... they do not know how to finish a game.