[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Seedings

Patriots

In my local all the playoff spots are locked up and we are just playing for seeding this week. I will either have the 7 or the 8. The one and two are not locked up so there is no strategy for me here just wondering what you thought.

The team that is first right now is the down swing. He rode Freeman for a while and the past 3 weeks he is averaging 70 to 80 points

The #2 team seems pretty stacked and has been putting up over 120 pts for the past 4 weeks.

Would you rather play the team on the downswing or the upswing?

My thought process is I want the team that is scoring a lot of points because eventually the bow is going to break? On the other hand the team that is on the downswing is due for a big week?

I think you're putting WAY too much thought into this...just be glad you've clinched a spot! After all, I've seen it happen (probably more often, than not, including quite a few of my teams) where the top seeds end up crapping the bed in the fantasy playoffs, usually due to the real NFL coaches resting their star players in preparation for their own playoff run...

Edited by the outlaw

I've seen cases where owners manage (usually top seeds) in a way to face a particular opponent and then have it backfire. So usually just best to play your best team and face the opponent you get.

I get that there's nothing on the line and you just want to make it interetsing, but don't suffer from overanalysis paralysis.

Play your team as you normally would, pretty much in agreement with everyone here.

Although I did an analysis last year based on the previous 5 seasons, and each year, the team with the highest point total over the last 5 weeks of the regular season won the championship. Take that for what it's worth...