[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2015 Fantasy Football MVP and Bust

Shaft

FF MVP 2015  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Fantasy MVP

2. 2. Bust of the Year

• Eddie Lacy
    • CJ Anderson
    • Jimmy Graham
    • DeMarco Murray
    • Andrew Luck
    • Jeremy Hill
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Peyton Manning
    • Other

My season is done in my main league thanks to poor drafting and decision making. As people prepare for the playoffs, who has been the MVP and Bust of the regular fantasy season?

Edited by Shaft

Cam/Brady (I voted Cam) and Lacy. Cam is just behind Brady as the highest scoring player in FF right now (and will be tops after this week) and he was drafted several rounds after Brady for the most part. Lacy as a Top 5 pick is definitely the biggest bust. Right behind him is CJ Anderson.

• Like 1

Other: Devonta Freeman

I had Freeman there, and must have deleted him by mistake. You're right, he should be there before Julio Jones. He's there now, and your vote counts towards him.

Edited by Shaft

Deangelo Williams- minus the few weeks that Bell was active.

I can't ever call a fantasy QB an MVP especially riding Palmer, Rivers, Bortles this year.

Lacy by being a top 4 -5 pick and playing like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man

• Like 1

Freeman and Lacy. QB is NEVER the fantasy MVP.

Deangelo Williams- minus the few weeks that Bell was active.

I can't ever call a fantasy QB an MVP especially riding Palmer, Rivers, Bortles this year.

Lacy by being a top 4 -5 pick and playing like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man

Well, there are quite a few who disagree with the QB never being a fantasy MVP. I think it also depends on how QB friendly your league is.

• Like 1

Well, there are quite a few who disagree with the QB never being a fantasy MVP. I think it also depends on how QB friendly your league is.

Folks can disagree all they want, but they will still be wrong unless they are playing superflex, 2QB, or in 14+ team leagues.

• Like 2

Folks can disagree all they want, but they will still be wrong unless they are playing superflex, 2QB, or in 14+ team leagues.

I am in a 16 team league, so that's maybe where my bias may come in. But what is your rationale?

I am in a 16 team league, so that's maybe where my bias may come in. But what is your rationale?

In a league that deep, QB matters quite a bit. In 12 teams and less, you can always scrape up a startable guy off waivers. They are just too replaceable to call them a 'league winner' like a WW RB who becomes an RB1.

So considering the wide gamut of league formats, 'never' was a poor word choice.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

In a league that deep, QB matters quite a bit. In 12 teams and less, you can always scrape up a startable guy off waivers. They are just too replaceable to call them a 'league winner' like a WW RB who becomes an RB1.

So considering the wide gamut of league formats, 'never' was a poor word choice.

These are valid points and very true in 8-12 team leagues. Dammit, Alex Smith has been out playing most QBS the past few weeks.

Edited by Shaft

Nah, even in 16 team leagues QBs don't matter all that much. All I really play in are 16 team leagues and that was where my interest in the value of a QB came from which in turn spawned the Zero QB Theorem.

Had to go with Hopkins as MVP. Took him I'm the 5th round and he single handedly won alot of my games this year while every pick before him was a bust.

Bust I'd have to vote for all of those guys. But I put mine under Manning. He was the 3rd QB off of our board and has been without a doubt the worst this year.

Where they were drafted tends to sway me a lot in these things.

Went with CJ Anderson for bust, Lacy went higher but he has put up around 4-5 good weeks whereas CJ Anderson has had two. Close one though.

Stuck with Devonta for MVP but that could change yet, the fact you could get him so late and he probably won you 3-4 games single handedly in the middle of the season. No exactly stunk recently either.

Nah, even in 16 team leagues QBs don't matter all that much. All I really play in are 16 team leagues and that was where my interest in the value of a QB came from which in turn spawned the Zero QB Theorem.

I think that Theorem could be challenged with a player like Cam who is a true dual threat. He can put up QB and RB numbers. He is the best dual threat QB in the league. You can't replace him consistently.

The difference is that you can't stream the position in a 16 teamer so you have to address it in the draft.

I'm very surprised Freeman isn't dominating the MVP votes. When a guy many people picked up off waivers or drafted as a late round flier is the number 1 overall RB 13 weeks into the season that's really saying something.

recency effect.

he missed a game and his numbers have decreased from earlier this year. He's still been hugh

I would generally agree, but Cam was drafted so low that I think he could qualify because having him on your team means that you were probably able to get really solid players at the other positions because you didn't need to think about a QB until like 8th round. Another guy that could qualify as MVP for me would be Blake Bortles for the same reasons.

I would generally agree, but Cam was drafted so low that I think he could qualify because having him on your team means that you were probably able to get really solid players at the other positions because you didn't need to think about a QB until like 8th round. Another guy that could qualify as MVP for me would be Blake Bortles for the same reasons.

But that's the thing...Cam, Brady, Palmer, Bortles, Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Taylor, Carr...all of these guys could be had after the 8th round and any of them would have helped your team a lot this season.