[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2016 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary Only)...

irish

Hey... let's add a 4th round! Plenty of time to do another round.

We certainly are flying through this. However, it's not about time. Some Huddlers drafting don't want to go past 2 rounds. I've had some mention they're only doing the 1st round. So 4 would be tough. We'll be lucky to get through 3. We'll see...

We certainly are flying through this. However, it's not about time. Some Huddlers drafting don't want to go past 2 rounds. I've had some mention they're only doing the 1st round. So 4 would be tough. We'll be lucky to get through 3. We'll see...

I'd be willing to do another 1 round mock once this one is done.......

because after the first round its really just throwing names out and pretty pointless

Edited by Zooty

The Vikings were looking to pick up a WR and are happy to see Coleman still there. He has the ability to make plays after the catch which is important with their QB play. Hopefully Coleman's presence and ability to win contested catches will give Bridgewater the confidence to throw a few deep passes too. Either way, this pick helps improve the offense.

A coach coming to his player's defense is the least credible source possible. And Norv never denies that Bridgewater has a weak arm. He just says that Teddy can make every throw in his system and that accuracy is more important than a strong arm. It's exactly what you'd expect a weak-armed quarterback's coach to say. And in today's NFL, a quarterback can get away without throwing long. But Coleman shouldn't be drafted by a team that doesn't have a vertical dimension to their offense since he is only good at being a deep threat.

Edited by michaelredd9

There is very little chance of Eli Apple being there at 25, he will go somewhere between 10-15... but ok... the if he is there when the Steelers pick, it would take all of 0.034 seconds for them to make this pick filling by far their biggest need with the best player on the board. Best value in the first round if it happens.

Edited by DiehardSteeler

I would rather see see Doctson in Minny as the split end with Diggs at flanker. I'd also rather see Coleman in Ciny as a complement to Green.

If Coleman goes to MIN and Doctson to CIN, the teams are getting players who are very similar to what they already have.

• Like 2

I think Coleman would fit great there. He doesn't need to win on deep routes only. He has the get up and go to win on shorter routes and pile up the YAC.

I agree. It's almost a knock on Coleman to say that he can only excel if he's running deep go routes. :shrug:

With Irish's permission - Here's an chance for those of you that want to draft for a different NFL Team, (if already participating here), missed the opportunity to do so or would just like to give this type of Draft a shot.

I've set up a NFL Mock Draft on MFL's Forum, mimicking this one and I am currently trying to fill it. The Link is http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34828 If you aren't registered there, you'll have to sign-up to participate.

Advert - Also, I'm currently looking for three more well-heeled Owners to fill the last spots in ProBall. A somewhat unique Hybrid Keeper/Dynasty League that utilizes only Offensive Players,(+ a Defense), scoring rules that should make each Position worth about the same and some under-utilized scoring parameters. Check it out HERE or this HUDDLE THREAD.

Don't know me - Here's MY BIO. and E-Mail

Thanx Irish and the rest of you for allowing me hijack this thread.

With Irish's permission - Here's an chance for those of you that want to draft for a different NFL Team, (if already participating here), missed the opportunity to do so or would just like to give this type of Draft a shot.

I've set up a NFL Mock Draft on MFL's Forum, mimicking this one and I am currently trying to fill it. The Link is http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34828 If you aren't registered there, you'll have to sign-up to participate.

Advert - Also, I'm currently looking for three more well-heeled Owners to fill the last spots in ProBall. A somewhat unique Hybrid Keeper/Dynasty League that utilizes only Offensive Players,(+ a Defense), scoring rules that should make each Position worth about the same and some under-utilized scoring parameters. Check it out HERE or this HUDDLE THREAD.

Don't know me - Here's MY BIO. and E-Mail

Thanx Irish and the rest of you for allowing me hijack this thread.

I can only remember my password for one forum at a time.

I can only remember my password for one forum at a time.

LoL and this one is written on the palm of your hand. Which gets rubbed off frequently.

A lot of the Packers' offensive woes last year stemmed from poor offensive line play. Rodgers was constantly under pressure. After the Packers had serious offensive line woes in 2009, Ted Thompson drafted offensive linemen in the first round in the next two drafts. Additionally, 5 of the Packers top 7 offensive linemen, including both starting guards, are slated to be free agents next year.

Cody Whitehair is a player who will be able to contribute from day one. A good value pick filling a need.

Edited by michaelredd9

It's almost a knock on Coleman to say that he can only excel if he's running deep go routes. :shrug:

It is without a doubt a knock on Coleman. Many receivers who excel at deep routes don't excel on short routes. Here are Mike Mayock's doubts:

WEAKNESSES

Does his best work from outside the numbers, but lacks desired NFL size to play outside. Allows cornerbacks to leverage him against the sideline on deep throws. Takes longer than expected to gear down for comeback routes after hitting top speed. Ran limited number of simple routes. Hands are a concern. Fails to catch away from his body. Dropped 10 passes for a drop rate of 11.9 percent. Loses focus and concentration on routes that work towards the middle of the field or when he senses defenders are closing in. Had sports hernia surgery that forced him to miss his bowl game.

BOTTOM LINE

Dangerous vertical talent with the ability to get over the top of defenders who fail to recognize his blazing quickness off the line of scrimmage. Coleman can get instant separation to create favorable passing windows and is one of the top playmakers in this draft. Coleman's issues with drops near the middle of the field could be a concern if teams see him next as a slot receiver due to his lack of size. Regardless, he can line up outside and win and he offers immediate punt return help.

Edited by michaelredd9

With the 28th pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select William Jackson III, CB, Houston

Might bust a nut if this actually happens on draft night. 2nd best CB in this class IMO, and can fill the void left by Sean Smith's departure to Oakland.

It is without a doubt a knock on Coleman. Many receivers who excel at deep routes don't excel on short routes. Here are Mike Mayock's doubts:

WEAKNESSES

Does his best work from outside the numbers, but lacks desired NFL size to play outside. Allows cornerbacks to leverage him against the sideline on deep throws. Takes longer than expected to gear down for comeback routes after hitting top speed. Ran limited number of simple routes. Hands are a concern. Fails to catch away from his body. Dropped 10 passes for a drop rate of 11.9 percent. Loses focus and concentration on routes that work towards the middle of the field or when he senses defenders are closing in. Had sports hernia surgery that forced him to miss his bowl game.

BOTTOM LINE

Dangerous vertical talent with the ability to get over the top of defenders who fail to recognize his blazing quickness off the line of scrimmage. Coleman can get instant separation to create favorable passing windows and is one of the top playmakers in this draft. Coleman's issues with drops near the middle of the field could be a concern if teams see him next as a slot receiver due to his lack of size. Regardless, he can line up outside and win and he offers immediate punt return help.

Mmkay, perhaps you should have volunteered to help out with this mock draft. :)

Not trying to be a pr1ck, just saying. :shrug:

Mmkay, perhaps you should have volunteered to help out with this mock draft. :)

Not trying to be a pr1ck, just saying. :shrug:

He's involved in the Mock selecting for the Packers.

He's involved in the Mock selecting for the Packers.

:tup: Must have missed that... my B.

And yeah, we're doing well with this time-wise. I agree, though, that it'd probably be better to do a 2.0 rather than go over 2 rounds. :smash:

:tup: Must have missed that... my B.

And yeah, we're doing well with this time-wise. I agree, though, that it'd probably be better to do a 2.0 rather than go over 2 rounds. :smash:

I'd be cool with doing that too versus doing rounds 3 and 4, where several folks would be dropping out and a lot can really change.