[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Order

BrooklynKid

So this thread probably comes up once a year.. Might as well start a fresh new one for the upcoming season..

Let's hear the best and most original ways you and your friends decide draft orders.

For me and my friends this year I think we're going to take the simple beer pong route... I always wanted to have one of those containers that shoots out the ping pong balls but we're all too lazy to deal with that. Plus getting a leaf blower to push the balls out the pipe(pause) it's too much of a hassle.

Ive posted this somewhere else here..the best thing we've done in the last few yrs in all my leagues is letting people pick their draft slots.

+1

We give them their CHOICE based on last season's finish... 1st Choice is our Loser's Bracket Playoffs as well. So they kinda gotta EARN that choice as well.

Ive posted this somewhere else here..the best thing we've done in the last few yrs in all my leagues is letting people pick their draft slots.

Curious if you'd do that in a non-serpentine draft? We set draft order based on last year's result, loser picks first, winner picks last. We keep 5 players, and then have a straight draft for 13 rounds to complete our rosters.

My point is, I doubt anybody would move down in the draft order in a straight draft, so letting them pick their spot would be meaningless.

But your point is a good one, however you'd normally set draft order do the same thing, but the original draft order is just the order in which owners select their draft slot.

Curious if you'd do that in a non-serpentine draft? We set draft order based on last year's result, loser picks first, winner picks last. We keep 5 players, and then have a straight draft for 13 rounds to complete our rosters.

My point is, I doubt anybody would move down in the draft order in a straight draft, so letting them pick their spot would be meaningless.

But your point is a good one, however you'd normally set draft order do the same thing, but the original draft order is just the order in which owners select their draft slot.

Yeah I don't know why anyone wouldn't want a higher spot if it's straight 1_12 every rd

Ours is 2 divisions of 12 teams each and owners move between divisions based on availability for draft dates on consecutive dates (each division has the entire NFL roster available so players can be in both leagues). we have used the Secure Dice website every year for the past few without problem.

Really considering the conversation about chosing your draft position - really interesting thought!