[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ezekiel Elliott hamstring injury

BrooklynKid

He had a lot of injuries that he played through those other years, he may not be able to keep doing that. I think that is the perspective that people have who think they do need a decent backup QB.

Eh, I hear ya and get the conversation for a backup QB aspect. I understand he is an older QB coming off a repeat injury, but I think labeling him as an injury risk is just low hanging fruit. Everyone out there plays hurt, and at the end of the day everyone faces the chance of getting injured.

However I do not see how Romo's risk is greater than others like Brees (torn plantar, shoulder issue, old), Palmer (2 ACLs, old), or Cutler (hasn't played a full season since 2009). He's had surgery and shaved the collarbone down which reduces reinjury chances and has had sufficient time to heal. I can only see labeling him as a risk if you think the collarbone is going to break again which of course is possible, but from what I've read it appears unlikely to happen.

And yet with all this I'm sure out there somewhere some expert is going to tell you not to draft Romo due to injury risk, but will then turn around and tell you to draft Foster because of value or some other crap despite him being Fragile Fred reincarnated. Just saying, don't draft Romo cause you think he sucks or something, not because breaking a collarbone has somehow given the perception that he's now injury prone. :shrug:

Seems like this needs to be pointed out everywhere. In the 4 years prior to last year's collarbone injury, Romo only missed 2 games out of 64.

Yet everyone keeps labeling him injury prone and how he's going to get hurt. Did I miss something? Did he change his name to Arian Foster?

You could also take it back one year before that, and he'd have missed 12 out of 80. Like someone else has mentioned, he has played through injuries as well. I may have over exaggerated, but comparatively speaking he misses a ton of game time compared to other stout franchise QB's like Manning, Rivers, Brady, who have had pretty poor O-Line's for periods of time. Romo went down behind the best line in the league.

You could also take it back one year before that, and he'd have missed 12 out of 80. Like someone else has mentioned, he has played through injuries as well. I may have over exaggerated, but comparatively speaking he misses a ton of game time compared to other stout franchise QB's like Manning, Rivers, Brady, who have had pretty poor O-Line's for periods of time. Romo went down behind the best line in the league.

Sigh...not listing the two collarbone injuries this is what I can find.

2008 - Sprained Finger (missed 2 games)

2011 - Bruised Hand (left game early)

2013 - Herniated Disc (missed 1 game)

2014 - Two back fractures (missed 1 game)

Yep, quite the plethora of injuries. I'm sure some Dallas homer can correct me, but if I remember correctly that line was pretty bad till round the 14' season. Regardless, injuries occur when they occur. Faulting someone for getting injured behind a good line is quite frankly ridiculous.

Sigh...not listing the two collarbone injuries this is what I can find.

2008 - Sprained Finger (missed 2 games)

2011 - Bruised Hand (left game early)

2013 - Herniated Disc (missed 1 game)

2014 - Two back fractures (missed 1 game)

Yep, quite the plethora of injuries. I'm sure some Dallas homer can correct me, but if I remember correctly that line was pretty bad till round the 14' season. Regardless, injuries occur when they occur. Faulting someone for getting injured behind a good line is quite frankly ridiculous.

How is that ridiculous? Inferring that a quality line doesn't decrease the likelihood of injury risk is ridiculous. Constant pressure and being hit increases the risk of injury.

Like I said, comparatively speaking, that is a plethora of injuries. Quarterbacks who have been afforded less protection than Romo have played 10 years without missing a start, like the earlier ones I named.

How is that ridiculous? Inferring that a quality line doesn't decrease the likelihood of injury risk is ridiculous. Constant pressure and being hit increases the risk of injury.

Like I said, comparatively speaking, that is a plethora of injuries. Quarterbacks who have been afforded less protection than Romo have played 10 years without missing a start, like the earlier ones I named..

As you can read in my previous response, your statement comes off as players shouldn't get injured behind good lines. That is ridiculous. I agree there is less chance with less hits, but there is a chance in every play of every game for someone to get hurt. How many times have we watched a player pull up lame on a non-contact play?

Regardless point was that anyone can get injured. You have two very similar tackles that unfortunately led to the collarbone being broken. Otherwise he is no different then any of the other QBs out there. So how can you label him as injury prone while the other QBs are not, unless you are prognosticating he is going to break the collarbone again? :shrug:

I like it. I'm sitting at #2 in my draft this year. The guy picking one has both Gurley and Antonio Brown on his roster. He can only keep one. Darn good chance I get Zeke (worst case would be gurley out of the three). My other keeper will be David Johnson.

Zeke and Destroy...stealing it if I can snag him!

• Like 1

I like it. I'm sitting at #2 in my draft this year. The guy picking one has both Gurley and Antonio Brown on his roster. He can only keep one. Darn good chance I get Zeke (worst case would be gurley out of the three). My other keeper will be David Johnson.

Zeke and Destroy...stealing it if I can snag him!

Ha ha I hope you get him! I have the second-to-last pick this year, but there are a lot of Cowboy fans in my league. ...looks like that team name is going to be all yours unfortunately.

Ha ha I hope you get him! I have the second-to-last pick this year, but there are a lot of Cowboy fans in my league. ...looks like that team name is going to be all yours unfortunately.

Hopefully Zeke and I will do it great justice, should it come to pass! If you're in a redraft, you may have a crack at him. If it's keeper, then yeah, some Cowboys fan with images of Emmitt dancing in their heads will not let him pass by.

Zeke will be fine as they are just playing it over cautiously. They know they are going to give this kid the rock until his tongue is hanging out so they are taking no chances. He felt tightness in his hammy and shut him down for a stretch. No MRI, No tear no problem.

Can you check

In for duty along with everyone that keeps doubting what I say

It's getting old FYI

You are such a clown. It's week 1 of the preseason.

We are less doubting what you say and more mocking how you say it. Being a douchepocket will get you that.

Edited by flemingd
  • Like 1

Back to Elliott, if we may (I know it's difficult when he is not on the practice field, we are all getting a little anxious) ... I am dying to see this guy in a pre-season game. Every camera will be on him ... surely Fox Sports SW (676 on D TV) will be all over him on their Camp show every night.