[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help with your Fantasy team? GGL's got ur back

GangGreenLantern

I Have Julio and got offered McCoy and Kelvin Benjamin for him in a PPR league.

For starters my league allows 2 RB 2 WR and a Flex.

My Current Starters at those positions are: Fournette, Gurley, Jones, Keenan Allen, Crabtree. 

I also have Diggs, Rodgers/Martin on my bench.

Would you do this trade?

49 minutes ago, bam422 said:

I Have Julio and got offered McCoy and Kelvin Benjamin for him in a PPR league.

For starters my league allows 2 RB 2 WR and a Flex.

My Current Starters at those positions are: Fournette, Gurley, Jones, Keenan Allen, Crabtree. 

I also have Diggs, Rodgers/Martin on my bench.

Would you do this trade?

I like what you have to be honest. Fournette and Gurley are solid, Martin when he returns should have a good year (looked solid in preseason)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arekdahl said:

I am in a 10-team PPR/IDP dynasty league which started up at the beginning of last season (2016 season)

Through a combination of luck and my targets falling a lot farther than they should have (Round 3 Mike Evans, Round 4 TY Hilton, Round 5 LeSean McCoy, Round 8 Melvin Gordon, Round 15 Michael Crabtree being the highlights) I ended up with a team featuring 3 RB1s and that is very strong in the flex spots. See below -

(Starting Lineup of QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), TE, K, DEF, DB, DL/LB, DFlex(any IDP), and Head Coach(vomit - couldn't talk them out of this one). Scoring is standard ESPN full point PPR scoring, and the IDP scoring is INCREDIBLY tackle-heavy, 1 point for any tackle (solo or assist),1 point for TFL and PD, 2 pts for Sack, INT, FR, and BLK. With the scoring it is basically mandatory to start two robust tacking ILBs and an inside the box SS, and makes ballhawking CBs and even top-tier DL like JJ Watt and Kahlil Mack borderline unrosterable)

QB - Jameis Winston, Philip Rivers, DeShaun Watson

RB - Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, LeSean McCoy, Tevin Coleman, Theo Riddick, Rob Kelley

WR - Mike Evans, TY Hilton, Michael Crabtree, Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis, Eric Decker, Jordan Matthews

TE - Zach Ertz, Tyler Eifert

K - Dustin Hopkins

DEF - Patriots, Jaguars

HC - Raiders Coach

LB - NaVarro Bowman, Benardrick McKinney, Christian Kirksey

DB - Landon Collins

Obviously very strong at RB at the top with decent PPR depth in Coleman and Riddick. Even though the value of Hilton and Watkins has declined this year I still have a stud in Evans, a borderline WR1 in Crabtree, and Hilton and Watkins are both upside WR2s also. Ertz is looking like a legit top-5 TE, and my IDPs are the best in the league.

Where most people would be happy with having solid depth, I am (perhaps overly) always worried about wasting value, and wonder if I can parlay some of my RB depth into an upgrade somewhere else. QB is my biggest need, but I wouldn't call it incredibly worrisome - Winston is a young, borderline QB1 and Rivers makes a great play when Winston has a tough matchup. Watson also is obviously young with a ton of upside.

There is an owner in my league who is in desperate need of RB help, and I am wondering if there is anything on his roster that would be worth trading for. Here is his team -

QB - Cam Newton, Carson Wentz, Patrick Mahomes

RB - David Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Kerwynn Williams, Eddie Lacy, Andre Ellington, James Conner

WR - Michael Thomas, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Jeremy Maclin, Cooper Kupp

TE - Travis Kelce, Coby Fleener, OJ Howard

K - Matt Bryant

DEF - Panthers

HC - Seahawks Coach

LB - Alec Ogletree, Tahir Whitehead, Vontaze Burfict

DB - Reshad Jones

We also have the option to trade draft picks - there is a 5-round rookie draft every year.

Just wanted to see opinions about a good offer to this team, or a general type of target that I could pursue with my roster capital. Maybe the best option is just to do nothing, but with Gurley, McCoy, Gordon, and Evans being every week starters (and Crabtree pushing that discussion),

there are several guys that may not crack my lineup but could be in the starting rotation on another team. Sorry for the long post - I love the thread and it is much appreciated all the insight you offer!

First, what boneheads are you drafting with that McCoy falls to rd5, and Gordon to rd 8? That's laughable.

That last sentence makes zero sense? Is this your first time playing FF? Or was this post more about you showing how clueless the teams in your league are and let that talent fall? Why in the world would you be worried about talent sitting on your bench and be useful on someone else's? The  more talent you have and they don't only increases YOUR chances of winning, especially with so many variables in FF with injuries, luck, etc you want the most talented roster you could assemble. If they just rot on your bench, so be it , they can't help anyone else win then. 

1 hour ago, matmoe3 said:

I have start 0-2 and its not pretty. I was offered Deandre Hopkins, Tarik Cohen and Lamar Miller for Antonio Brown and Jeremy Maclin. I have 

I currently have

WR: Brown, Cooks, Fitz, Crowder, R. Matthews, Maclin

RB: Jordan Howard, Hyde, Kerwynn Williams, Woodhead

I think with the amount of targets Hopkins is getting and my lack of RB depth this is a pretty good trade for me?

PPR? I want more then that for Brown and Maclin. Brown alone should net you an RB1 which Miller is not. The dude averages like 10pts per game PPR. He's extremely inconsistent. 

Fitz is 34 and didnt look good in a GREAT matchup this week vs Indy, and Cooks has not produced with his new team and will be a hit or miss WR all season (which is basically what he was in NOLA). I'd pass on that trade. You can do better for Brown

Just now, matmoe3 said:

Very true thanks! Yes PPR.

He just offered Deandre Hopkins and Cohen (or Miller) for Cooks and Maclin.

With my lack of RB depth and Hopkins getting 30 targets in two games I am kind of sold on this one.. what do you think?

Now that trade makes alot more sense. I'd take BHop over Cooks, and Maclin is a depth guy for you so you can afford to lose him for the RB Upgrade. 

2 minutes ago, GangGreenLantern said:

Now that trade makes alot more sense. I'd take BHop over Cooks, and Maclin is a depth guy for you so you can afford to lose him for the RB Upgrade. 

Yeah I like it too. So you would take Cohen over Miller? I have Jordan howard so on one hand I get the handcuff on the other hand I dont want to have to start both of them.

Just now, matmoe3 said:

Yeah I like it too. So you would take Cohen over Miller? I have Jordan howard so on one hand I get the handcuff on the other hand I dont want to have to start both of them.

Yeah since you have Howard, and when he's healthy you're starting them, but I would not want to start 2 players from the same backfield all season. Although I like Cohen more then Miller so... I might still take Cohen.

1 hour ago, GangGreenLantern said:

First, what boneheads are you drafting with that McCoy falls to rd5, and Gordon to rd 8? That's laughable.

That last sentence makes zero sense? Is this your first time playing FF? Or was this post more about you showing how clueless the teams in your league are and let that talent fall? Why in the world would you be worried about talent sitting on your bench and be useful on someone else's? The  more talent you have and they don't only increases YOUR chances of winning, especially with so many variables in FF with injuries, luck, etc you want the most talented roster you could assemble. If they just rot on your bench, so be it , they can't help anyone else win then. 

GGL - Sorry, I should have been more clear on this. Obviously, I could care less about whether my guys could help another team from MY point of view - if I had a "perfect" team, I could care less whether my bench has an all-star team on it - and would probably sit and hoard all the talent I could while laughing my way to the bank.

I meant this in the context of trade value and about maximizing my starting lineup potential. Am I light enough at QB that I need to give up some of my depth? (More likely give up a starter and rely on depth)? Should I sell high on someone like McCoy (although Week 1 would have obviously been better) who is getting older for some younger players and/or picks?

This post was intended to general advice on how to manage what feels like a huge surplus of talent and wanting to make sure that I wasn't squandering a potential resource. Does that makes sense?

I have actually played FF since 2002 (I was only 14, and didn't start playing redraft money leagues until 2006. This is my first money dynasty league)

Just to make sure, I wanted to reiterate that we drafted LAST year. A lot of people said they were worried about McCoy's age, and this was Gordon coming off that 0-TD season and Woodhead went way earlier. A lot of the players were new to dynasty also and going way overboard on prioritizing youth - (Laquon Treadwell went in the 4th round, 34th overall)

8 minutes ago, arekdahl said:

GGL - Sorry, I should have been more clear on this. Obviously, I could care less about whether my guys could help another team from MY point of view - if I had a "perfect" team, I could care less whether my bench has an all-star team on it - and would probably sit and hoard all the talent I could while laughing my way to the bank.

I meant this in the context of trade value and about maximizing my starting lineup potential. Am I light enough at QB that I need to give up some of my depth? (More likely give up a starter and rely on depth)? Should I sell high on someone like McCoy (although Week 1 would have obviously been better) who is getting older for some younger players and/or picks?

This post was intended to general advice on how to manage what feels like a huge surplus of talent and wanting to make sure that I wasn't squandering a potential resource. Does that makes sense?

I have actually played FF since 2002 (I was only 14, and didn't start playing redraft money leagues until 2006. This is my first money dynasty league)

Just to make sure, I wanted to reiterate that we drafted LAST year. A lot of people said they were worried about McCoy's age, and this was Gordon coming off that 0-TD season and Woodhead went way earlier. A lot of the players were new to dynasty also and going way overboard on prioritizing youth - (Laquon Treadwell went in the 4th round, 34th overall)

I think you're solid all the way around. Winston and Rivers are both top 12 potential this season so you're good. 

You could sell on McCoy due to age but you're going to want premium value regardless of him being 29. He's still a top pick and top 5 back. 

12 team .5 ppr.  Team is in sig.

Woud you trade away Carson for Devante Parker?  I need some WR depth, and I personally think I am pretty solid at RB for the time being, until DJ comes back.

I am hesitant to trust JJ nelson yet, to plug him in at Flex or bye week fill in if I need to.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, bmatt10 said:

12 team .5 ppr.  Team is in sig.

Woud you trade away Carson for Devante Parker?  I need some WR depth, and I personally think I am pretty solid at RB for the time being, until DJ comes back.

I am hesitant to trust JJ nelson yet, to plug him in at Flex or bye week fill in if I need to.

Thanks!

I wouldn't say you're "Solid" at RB. Rodgers will be relegated to spot duty after 2 more weeks, and Cohen is a solid flex guy most weeks. Also DJ probably won't be back in time for Fantasy relevance so I wouldn't be banking on his return to aid you this season. 

Edited by GangGreenLantern

12 man ppr league. Current roster,  start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, te, def and k

Qb-palmer, luck

Rb-zeke, freeman, gurley, rodgers, Carson, breida

Wr-baldwin, diggs, moncrief, sanu, golladay

Te-ertz, fleener

I've been offered any 2 of these wr ( hopkins, d. Thomas, sanders, fitzgerald, crabtree) for any 1 of freeman, zeke, or gurley. Which rb should i move for which 2 wr?

Am I safe to move 1 of those back for 2 of the wrs?

I was thinking of countering with freeman, diggs and rodgers for miller and 2 of the wr.  

Or am I fine with the lineup I have. Just a bit thin at we?

I know I'm asking a lot, but appreciate the time and response. Fly Eagles Fly!

16 minutes ago, jvonsak said:

12 man ppr league. Current roster,  start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, te, def and k

Qb-palmer, luck

Rb-zeke, freeman, gurley, rodgers, Carson, breida

Wr-baldwin, diggs, moncrief, sanu, golladay

Te-ertz, fleener

I've been offered any 2 of these wr ( hopkins, d. Thomas, sanders, fitzgerald, crabtree) for any 1 of freeman, zeke, or gurley. Which rb should i move for which 2 wr?

Am I safe to move 1 of those back for 2 of the wrs?

I was thinking of countering with freeman, diggs and rodgers for miller and 2 of the wr.  

Or am I fine with the lineup I have. Just a bit thin at we?

I know I'm asking a lot, but appreciate the time and response. Fly Eagles Fly!

E A G L E S Eaaaaagles!! lol

NE WAY.... I like Freeman slightly more then Gurley but either one for the 2 guys below is  SOLID trade for you. You still have Zeek, and the one you dont trade, plus I think Carson is now the starter in Seattle. So that still leaves you with 3 starting backs, and you now have Bhop, Crab, Baldwin, Diggs....  Very solid! 

I would take Hopkins and Crabtree. 

17 minutes ago, mcostley said:

Hey GGL,

In a 10-person PPR, is it too early to drop Cam Newton for Siemian? I have Cousins and Cam both, and neither are performing! I'm 0-2, and I hate to wait a week, cause i think Siemian will be gone. Thoughts? 

Thanks!

I'd grab Siemian. He has played well and I'm not super high on Cam especially with him not running like old Cam, and his shoulder isn't as "fine" as they're letting on.

• Thanks 1

GGL, I am in a 10 team PPR league. My RBs are Freeman, Hyde, T. Coleman, and Duke Johnson. At WR: Jordy Nelson, Cooks, Keenan Allen, Diggs, Pryor, and Tyrelle Williams. So, I am strong at WR. But, the Howard owner is panicking and he offered me Howard and Cooper for Freeman. What is your confidence that Howard rebounds to an RB1?

1 hour ago, loeza83 said:

12-team ppr league:  Should I give Cousins another shot against OAK or should I pick up Siemian?  Thanks GGL!

I'd give Cousins a little more time. New OC, new WR in Pryor. I think Cousins will get it going. (although if you have a roster spot without dropping Cousins and want to grab Trevor I would)

17 minutes ago, TheLandryHat said:

GGL, I am in a 10 team PPR league. My RBs are Freeman, Hyde, T. Coleman, and Duke Johnson. At WR: Jordy Nelson, Cooks, Keenan Allen, Diggs, Pryor, and Tyrelle Williams. So, I am strong at WR. But, the Howard owner is panicking and he offered me Howard and Cooper for Freeman. What is your confidence that Howard rebounds to an RB1?

NO Thanks. Keep what you have.