[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ty Montgomery is out

michaelredd9

How does this stay under wraps for 10 days? BS.

The actual injury (the kidney problem, blood in urine) may have stayed under raps but I was seeing reports on Thu/Fri that he was limited in practice and questionable for Sunday. Not sure how this was a complete surprise to people, especially if you had him on your team.

Just look at his news history on Rotoworld, on Thu evening it was reported he was limited in practice both Wed/THu with an "illness".

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/10413/ty-montgomery

PS the user of the world "illness" is simply a generic term, they're unsure what is wrong with him, he didn't have a bruised leg, twisted angle, sore shoulder. He had some unknown (possibly still) medical condition.

Edited by stevegrab

The actual injury (the kidney problem, blood in urine) may have stayed under raps but I was seeing reports on Thu/Fri that he was limited in practice and questionable for Sunday. Not sure how this was a complete surprise to people, especially if you had him on your team.

Just look at his news history on Rotoworld, on Thu evening it was reported he was limited in practice both Wed/THu with an "illness".

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/10413/ty-montgomery

PS the user of the world "illness" is simply a generic term, they're unsure what is wrong with him, he didn't have a bruised leg, twisted angle, sore shoulder. He had some unknown (possibly still) medical condition.

you must glossed over the report from 8:23 am yesterday

you must glossed over the report from 8:23 am yesterday

I don't follow, what report at 8:23 Sunday, what did it say?

I'm simply pointing out he was already missing practice time and listed as questionable. So what if a bunch of "experts with sources" said there's no way he misses the game. People posting when it was announced he was out acted like there was no news of any illness or reason for him to be out. I responsded to a post saying "how could this stay under wraps" as if all week there was no mention of any issue, which is just false.

I don't own him, he was signed off waiver earlier that week and I noticed the injury issue.

I'm not saying people should have known he'd be out, just wasn't totally out of the blue.

I don't follow, what report at 8:23 Sunday, what did it say?

I'm simply pointing out he was already missing practice time and listed as questionable. So what if a bunch of "experts with sources" said there's no way he misses the game. People posting when it was announced he was out acted like there was no news of any illness or reason for him to be out. I responsded to a post saying "how could this stay under wraps" as if all week there was no mention of any issue, which is just false.

I don't own him, he was signed off waiver earlier that week and I noticed the injury issue.

I'm not saying people should have known he'd be out, just wasn't totally out of the blue.

click your roto link you posted above and check the 5th report from the top. It was posted at 8:23 yesterday morning

I had to settle for Jordan Howard as a replacment. Kinda feels like I could have just left Ty in there...

I guess I underestimated Howard - he has looked great. And I'm impressed that dinosaur John Fox has actually played the most talented RB as the bell cow. Goes against his normal M.O.

click your roto link you posted above and check the 5th report from the top. It was posted at 8:23 yesterday morning

Not sure if I glossed over it, I simply posted the rotoworld news archive to show that there WAS info about an illness and him missing practice, all precautionary signs about a player's availability to play on Sunday. The report at 8:23 Sunday by Rapport that he is expected to play is still conjecture, his or some other "source" opinion. It is not the word of God to be trusted and ignore all other info.

And the post where I did all this was in response to this post, trying to make the point it was not under wraps.

How does this stay under wraps for 10 days? BS.

That comment seems to say "how would you know he might miss the game, his injury/illnes was unknown and hiddne".

Maybe I'm trying to explain something you already get, or else I'm :bash:

That can't be good. Sounds like it could be an ongoing concern.

Doubtful. He looked healthy Sunday. But a SS crisis can take a little time to fully resolve. Probably solid for the upcoming week.

And I agree that "illness" is hard to care about, way too vague and most go on to play. But GB has to limit info available to other teams, screwing FF players really isn't their concern.

Not sure if I glossed over it, I simply posted the rotoworld news archive to show that there WAS info about an illness and him missing practice, all precautionary signs about a player's availability to play on Sunday. The report at 8:23 Sunday by Rapport that he is expected to play is still conjecture, his or some other "source" opinion. It is not the word of God to be trusted and ignore all other info.

And the post where I did all this was in response to this post, trying to make the point it was not under wraps.

That comment seems to say "how would you know he might miss the game, his injury/illnes was unknown and hiddne".

Maybe I'm trying to explain something you already get, or else I'm :bash:

I read that he would play on several sites, including Fantasy Pros, RT Sports, and here. I set my lineup accordingly early Sunday, and went about my business. When I was able to check in after kickoff, I saw he had been ruled out. Ok, fine, since I cannot check my phone/PC every 15 minutes on a Sunday due to having a life, and he's out, that's my bad. My beef was the blood in the urine/lacerated kidney. Had I saw that, I never would have wasted an FA move to get him in one league, and certainly would have thought twice about starting him. That's where I'm calling BS. I'm not doctorb, but a lacerated kidney is not an 'illness' in my book.

Anyway, this won't be an issue for me going forward, he's been cut in one league as I now have better options. He's on his way out the door in the other.

I suspect all of those sites were siting the same "source" that told them he would play, and we should all know that many of these sources are not reliable. It does suck and yes the team may have withheld info, but the league does try to keep them in lne.

I understand your point better now.

• Like 1