[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garçon done for the year

jamesplante11

5 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Crap. Elliott, Watson and Garcon off my roster in one week. Looks like I'm toast. 

This is exactly what happened to one of my opponents for this week....and he has Bell on bye.   Just a week ago, I was 3-4, expecting to lose to my division leader, and in back channel talks with my opponent for this week to deal AB for Elliott if I lost and the Elliott suspension went into effect (this is a keeper league).  I Russelled, JuJu'd and Fuller'd my opponent last week, and now face this guy's suddenly depleted roster this week.  Next week, it's the Chiefs fan with every Chief on bye (he has Smith, Hill, Hunt, Kelce).  6-4 is a real possibility from here.  Now that trade is off the table. 

Funny how this game can turn on a dime.  All that to say: hit the WW buddy and make a trade or two if you can.  You never know...the grim reaper isn't done plucking players off others' rosters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kdko said:

Wtfffffffffffffffffffffff.  Next year there's not gonna be enough players in the league to roster.

We talk a lot about going single TE and QB so we can stuff the other skill positions on our rosters.  I'm actually doing that right now with Dak and Wilson in my leagues.  There's nothing left on the WW should either go out.  I'm definitely rethinking that angle at this point.

5 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

We talk a lot about going single TE and QB so we can stuff the other skill positions on our rosters.  I'm actually doing that right now with Dak and Wilson in my leagues.  There's nothing left on the WW should either go out.  I'm definitely rethinking that angle at this point.

That's actually a pretty good idea, as in the maximum you can roster for those positions is 1?  I usually only try to roster 1 myself, and it's annoying playing with QB hoarders, haha.  

22 hours ago, kdko said:

That's actually a pretty good idea, as in the maximum you can roster for those positions is 1?  I usually only try to roster 1 myself, and it's annoying playing with QB hoarders, haha.  

Definitely hate the hoarders!  New kid in one of my leagues has Watson, Brees, and another high end QB2 rostered.  He's 0-8, never floated any of them for a trade.  We're past the deadline now.  He'll learn...eventually.

2 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Definitely hate the hoarders!  New kid in one of my leagues has Watson, Brees, and another high end QB2 rostered.  He's 0-8, never floated any of them for a trade.  We're past the deadline now.  He'll learn...eventually.

Perhaps someone who needed a QB should have offered a trade to him.  I have (had) Watson, Wentz and Prescott.  I'm glad I hoarded now that Watson is down.  And perhaps to some this is a fun game but to others it's a battle.  By taking away your options, he gives himself an advantage. Sounds like he didn't use it well but as you said, he'll learn.

I actually prefer to hoard RB and in past years it's worked out very well for me.  Now I have to figure out who to give up in trade in one league as I'm down to 2 WR thanks to Garcon's injury and bye weeks.