[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this a fair trade or is my league being screwed (POLL)

r3pnit

Trade  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What type of trade is this

• Trade is fair
    • Trade is BS

Team 1: 

1. Kenny Golladay

2. Zeke Elliot

3. Tyreek Hill

4. Jaguars D

Team 2:

1. Golden tate

2. Alshon Jeffrey

3. James Connor

4. Rams Defense.

This is a PPR league. Team 1 is likely out of playoffs. Want to make sure they are not trying to screw the league over. 

Edited by r3pnit

57 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

:lol:

vote is 4-0 that the trade is BS, but so very many people here, when the post replies, always cry... it's fair enough, you don' t know the thinking, it's not fair to judge... blah, blah, blah...

but when you allow them to hide behind an anonymous vote, their hypocrisy becomes clear. Granted, I don't know who voted, so...

who has voted so far? besides me

I voted that trade is BS but want to go on the record that this trade if fair, reasoning is simple, before voting I always look at post count of OP and if it is (1) I vote to start manure with his league :rolleyes: 

• Haha 3

match it up

best RB  Elliott or Conner (Zeke)

best WR T Hill or Alshon Jeffrey (Hill)

Next best Golladay or Tate (wash - What is the purpose?)

Best DEF Jags or Rams (Rams for now)

So upgrade a defense while losing on RB and WR. 

Not a good trade

22 minutes ago, DMD said:

match it up

best RB  Elliott or Conner (Zeke)

best WR T Hill or Alshon Jeffrey (Hill)

Next best Golladay or Tate (wash - What is the purpose?)

Best DEF Jags or Rams (Rams for now)

So upgrade a defense while losing on RB and WR. 

Not a good trade

But that doesn't really answer the question. Is it FAIR, I'd say on the surface fair enough to let stand, not upsetting the balance of power in the league. They didn't trade Rodgers for a kicker. 

I've never seen more than 3 players involved in a trade in our league, maybe because we have fees for roster moves, any player added would cost $2, so each owner in this trade would owe $8. 

I think if Conner starts for the rest of the fantasy season the trade gets looked at differently.

Also the rest of the rosters matter. Does Team 1 own Bell? Do they own Wentz? Does Team 1 have WR to cover Jeffery's bye, but not to much RB depth so Elliot's bye absolutely kills his playoff chances?

• Thanks 1

I voted fair because it is not far off from being balanced.

Zeke over Conner is not as clear cut as people think.  Zeke hasn't played well and Conner looks to be a long haul play in Pittsburgh.  He will split some time during the second half but will be the full time guy next year when Bell is gone.

Hill over Jeffery is the only obvious discrepancy in the trade in my opinion.

I'd let it go.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:15 AM, r3pnit said:

Team 1: 

1. Kenny Golladay

2. Zeke Elliot

3. Tyreek Hill

4. Jaguars D

Team 2:

1. Golden tate

2. Alshon Jeffrey

3. James Connor

4. Rams Defense.

This is a PPR league. Team 1 is likely out of playoffs. Want to make sure they are not trying to screw the league over. 

Team 1 is getting royally screwed.  Zeke + Hill + Golladay >>>>> Connor + Jeffery + Tate

For me the issue is Zeke.  

It seems a little slanted towards team 2, but it's not worthy of a veto. Vetos are bad. Very bad. The only time you want to veto a trade is when it's absolutely clear someone is tanking their season and intentionally trying to give someone else a clear advantage over the rest of the league.

Every manager (especially in money leagues) is entitled to make dumb decisions. It's not for the other managers to decide that a trade offer should be blocked just because they think it's a bad trade- because that axe swings both ways- and what goes around will come around.

A dumb manager is not the same thing as a malicious manager & that is the key difference when deciding.

If there is even the slightest chance the manager is making a poor  decision rather than a malicious decision, you MUST give that manager the benefit of doubt.

Blocking trades and trade veto's will not only dissuade future trade offers within the league, but it will create angry/bitter managers looking to get even. So you must be 100% sure of malicious intent before you block a trade.

Edited by Alphashado
  • Thanks 1