[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Craziness - need advice on RB situation

Shorttynaz

10 team PPR - Nick Chubb went 4th overall, over McCaffrey.  Pat Mahomes went 5th overall.  I was praying to the fantasy gods that McCaffrey would fall to me at #7, but he did not.  I ended up going WAY too WR heavy but everyone else kept passing.  We can start 4 (3 WR slots and a FLEX spot) but I still have too many to roster.  My RB situation is already on life support before the season even starts.. 

QB:  B Mayfield

RB:  D Freeman;  D Williams;  K Drake;  R Penny;  J Samuels;  D Thompson

WR:  D Hopkins;  J Jones;  K Allen;  TY Hilton;  AJ Green;  C Davis

TE:  A Hooper

PK:  H Butker

DEF:  Rams

Outside of trading away a WR, how should I upgrade my RB situation?  I've been in this league far too long to know that no one will trade away a RB before the season starts.  Even at that, no one will trade away a startable RB for fair value.  There are a few teams out there starved for a good WR, but again, no one trades RBs in this league.  Whatever I do, it's going to happen via Free Agency.   Here's what's available: 

J Jackson;  J Richard;  CJ Anderson;  C Thompson;  K Hunt;  N Hines;  I Smith

Ito Smith makes sense cause I own Freeman, but who do I drop?  D Thompson I took with my 16th/last pick, so maybe he's more expendable than anyone else.  I like Samuels but he's only worthwhile if something happens to Connor in whom I don't have.  Penny, he's on the wrong side of a committee with Carson but valuable if something happens to Carson.  Maybe I should just wait a week or two and hope for the best.